Hey Peter Sherlock...I smelled Shalimar yesterday........,,

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn't bother trying to do a price comparison on the Beauty Week Finale 'Star of The Show' Prestige Honey.

It's erm 'exclusive' to Bid in the UK :wink:

I wouldn't bother trying to do a price comparison on the Beauty Week Finale 'Star of The Show' Prestige Honey.

It's erm 'exclusive' to Bid in the UK :wink:

Could that not be a positive thing? that you can only get this item at BID? obviously the presenters need to word it better but when i hear the word 'exclusive' i dont think its a bad thing.

The problem with bid and peter Sherlock and presenters like peter simon and sally jaxx are the ones that cant help themselves but big up all these perfumes and beauty products with the line " we have got it first " and its" not available in the uk yet " now weather they are lovely or awful your not telling me that every single item they present they adore they gush and its sickening !!!! just like there wetting themselves come on lets get real if some of these items were as fantastic as they all claim peter Sherlock would have used his own snake serum rather than have botox injected into his head now wouldnt he !!! the reason that bid have these products is because they create half of them solely for bid !! that's why there nowhere else has them so try and find the laurelle brand in the high street !!! so be under no illusion they just want to flog as many units as they can remember its a tv shop !!!!

The problem with bid and peter Sherlock and presenters like peter simon and sally jaxx are the ones that cant help themselves but big up all these perfumes and beauty products with the line " we have got it first " and its" not available in the uk yet " now weather they are lovely or awful your not telling me that every single item they present they adore they gush and its sickening !!!! just like there wetting themselves come on lets get real if some of these items were as fantastic as they all claim peter Sherlock would have used his own snake serum rather than have botox injected into his head now wouldnt he !!! the reason that bid have these products is because they create half of them solely for bid !! that's why there nowhere else has them so try and find the laurelle brand in the high street !!! so be under no illusion they just want to flog as many units as they can remember its a tv shop !!!!

I think Peter explained this with admirable candour to be honest. just because he didn't use it doesn't make it a good product. they cant win sometimes. if they say they use the product they are hammered for claiming 'they use every product' if they dont use the product and are honest about it as peter was they are hammered for "not using the stuff they sell' damned if you do and damned if you dont!

I think Peter explained this with admirable candour to be honest. just because he didn't use it doesn't make it a good product. they cant win sometimes. if they say they use the product they are hammered for claiming 'they use every product' if they dont use the product and are honest about it as peter was they are hammered for "not using the stuff they sell' damned if you do and damned if you dont!

I've said it several times but I really admire Perfume Pete for coming on here
To me he comes over as genuine and honest and a likeable bloke
I know what you're saying bingo 'damned if they do and damned if they don't' type thing.
Personally I don't care if they use the products or not, just because Sally owns a set of Egyptian cotton towels is no recommendation, neither is it if Mike owns a Pulsar watch or whatever.
I just want them to be transparent and honest about the products rather than exaggerate and mislead. It becomes very false and contrived if they pee their pants with excitement over every product but I'm very aware that they're salespeople, they're there to flog the products and have to show enthusiasm and point out the positives.
Finding that happy medium is tricky I should imagine but it can be done, we've seen it.

I've said it several times but I really admire Perfume Pete for coming on here
To me he comes over as genuine and honest and a likeable bloke
I know what you're saying bingo 'damned if they do and damned if they don't' type thing.
Personally I don't care if they use the products or not, just because Sally owns a set of Egyptian cotton towels is no recommendation, neither is it if Mike owns a Pulsar watch or whatever.
I just want them to be transparent and honest about the products rather than exaggerate and mislead. It becomes very false and contrived if they pee their pants with excitement over every product but I'm very aware that they're salespeople, they're there to flog the products and have to show enthusiasm and point out the positives.
Finding that happy medium is tricky I should imagine but it can be done, we've seen it.

I find most mediums are happy as they are sitting on a pile of cash from ripping people off :p (insert your own bid parallel here)

PJ

Latest posts

Back