How's everyone getting on with their RCM nails?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nikki

Registered Shopper
Just thought I'd ask as we've had it a while now, (well some of us have), & just wondered how everyone is getting on with the gel system? It's almost up to my 30 days since I got the correct polish I ordered & guessed many of us are in the same boat of deciding if it's a keeper or not.

I had nails that lasted a week, some that peeled off after several days completely but this latest set I did of french with a touch of hologram glitter over the top of the white tips has lasted two and a half weeks and only 1 small chip! I've done lots of cleaning, lifting, shopping so I'm amazed they've lasted so well.

Took a bit of time & pain to get the shades I ordered but mine's deffo a keeper! Toe nails looked lovely in the red metallic, (came in the set I got but didn't order), so all in all worked out really great value. So sorry for if anyone didn't get what they wanted, I think the vast majority did get their colour choices & complimentary colours in the end thanks to RCM.

My toe nails lasted for several weeks then I was able to just apply slight pressure & lift it off whilst having a hot bath so the gel was softer presumably. So no acetone acrobatics trying to get my toe nail colour off, GREAT! :wink:

I do mine VERY THIN now, as thin as it can possibly go whilst getting full nail cover. An extra coat or two is far better looking & lasts ages.

Well mine arrived later than the advanced order date and they were the "correct" colours. I was a bit peeved that I had not been sent a complmentary set too as it was me who alerted Customer Service on the telephone to the fact the the website was not showing the colours correctly and it was me who first mentioned it on here.

I don't think the set is as brilliant as it was made out to be either and wish I had gone with Sensationail now.

Awww GG can you not send the RCM one back? I know it's wasted p&p but if it means you actually get the brand you want...

I remember reading a thread by FedUp on here the evening I ordered my TSV. Fortunately I was one of the earlier orders so did get what I wanted without having to wait a ridiculous amount of time. I think that was thanks to contacting RCM tho as Q did the famous "I know nooottthhhiiinnng" routine when I initially inquired about the mix up.

RCM keeper here too. I also received both the colour options (bold directly from RCM). Loving it but being impatient I do take it off without it chipping or peeling :giggle:

I have also tried sandwiching OPI/LD/Nails inc and was pleased with the outcome too.

Won a comp. on RCM FB page so have now two more polishes to play with :sun:

Keeper for me too. Had a faff with getting the right colours, but thanks to RCM got the bold eventually. Done three sets so far - first time did a french manicure and had a couple of nails not quite right and lifting. Second time did a sandwich with Leighton Denny colours - lasted over a week. Now sitting here with one of the bold colours on which was put on 4 days ago and looks like new. Shine is amazing. Best of all, the thumb and forefinger nails on my left hand, which were constantly splitting, peeling and breaking before, are now long and strong. Love it.

Glad most of you are liking it. I have been using it since last August and love it. I have the dark purple - Nominated For - on at the moment and this has been on for nearly 2 weeks now, it is a lovely colour. I never used dark colours before as they looked awful after about 2 days when they were chipped and not shiny, now I mainly wear dark.

I've been using RCM continiously since last July and still have loads left in the base and top coat bottles. I've bought some blue sky varnishes recently and am just about to put a purple on. I've bought a turquoise blue though was expecting it to be an olive green.

I love mine, I'm really bad at applying nail varnish but I can do a better job as they don't dry. Plus I love the fact that once you have finished you don't have to fret about smudging etc. Occasionally I get one peel off after a few days but that's still a longer wear time on me than normal varnish.

So pleased we're mainly all liking this after all the faff we had getting the colours etc then getting used to using the system.
I was skeptical at first, especially when a couple peeled off then chipped etc but thanks to Rosey and others I know that when they say thin they mean THIN coats only!
Like you Charlie, I find I have time to get it just right before curing and the instant high glossy finish is amazing, strengthens my nails & so time saving!
A good TSV then, Bravo! :wink:

I'm a bit miffed as I missed out on the TSV and was prepared to pay the introductory price in the hope that the problems would sort themselves out and I could confidently order and receive the French and Fabulous set. :(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Loving mine and so easy to do.

I have found they soak of really well if you only put nail prep around the edges and not in the middle. Mine are staying, nt really keen on French, but then I havnt paid for them :)

I'm a bit miffed as I missed out on the TSV and was prepared to pay the introductory price in the hope that the problems would sort themselves out and I could confidently order and receive the French and Fabulous set. :(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
That's was like me the 1st time it was a TSV WG. That's why I waited up till the launch for the last one. I think a few of us did as I recall. After the colour cock up if RCM don't sell via Q in the future you may get one in clearance. :wink:
Or if they stay with Q they'll be another good TSV no doubt :) x.

I've only tried it once - one nail started to chip the following day but I think I put it on too thick. I'm a bit worried about using the acetone remover as my nails are normally quite good so I was wondering if I could use my usual Nail Envy and other varnishes and just put the RCM topcoat on?

Hi All,

I have my set over two weeks now, and i like it, but im finding some of my nails are chipping and breaking which was not happening with my shellac nails. Maybe i am putting the polish on too thick, when you say thin are you talking transparent coverage also im wondering if maybe i am not sealing the top of the nail prperly as mine definitely do not last a week. Also someone mention sandwiching colours what is this technique. If anyone has any other suggestions would love to hear them, thanks

polly

I love my RCM and the fact my nails last for over a week, considering I do a lot of typing at work and run after a 3 year old & a 11 year old. I haven't used any of the bold set which came with the TSV (I had ordered the french set and got this set direct from RCM) and the only colours I've worn so far is the pink and the champagne colours.

I've not yet tried any of my OPI colours or Nails Inc colours yet, so might try them today.

Disappointed in the purple Blue sky. I've bought Blue sky before and it has been fine. There isn't much shine.

Last edited:
Can someone just clarify for me ..... If I want to use my LD polishes is it better to put it on first then with a topcoat of the Brilliance or do I put it on above the brilliance, like they said on QVC?

Love it, love it, love it!! :heart:

I have free edges and nails that are long enough to annoy me :giggle: Tis wonderful!! :up:

And after a full day of Spring cleaning yesterday - no chips.:clapping:

I do like it and it definitely lasts longer than normal polish, I've had a week out of a French which I'm happy with, but I think it takes more practice than they made out on the demos, as like Nikki said putting it on too thick does seem to be a recipe for peelage. I did mine on Thursday night, admittedly a bit hurried and slapdash probably and I've only got 4 nails still with polish. I've not tried any of the darker colours yet. It's a keeper for me though.

Latest posts

Back