I won’t be using IW again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Merryone, do you have a branch of Peacocks near you? I visited a couple of months ago as I've just got a Blue Light Card that gives me discounts. I get 20% off in there so had a look. They had very nice t-shirts, I bought 2 v-neck at £7 each, one mint green and one white with black spots. The cotton is excellent quality, not see through, and they're well made. Quite generous in their sizing - I'm a 16-18, bought 16 and it was comfortably loose but not baggy. Bought a few bits since then and I hope the offer continues! Might be worth a look if you have a branch near you.
I do have one fairly near, often have good sales on too. I've actually just ordered a couple of nice looking TShirts from John Lewis cause I get staff discount. I don't know what the sizing on the awful ones was supposed to be. I ordered 8-10 as they were described as oversized. They didn't look baggy, just comfortably loose and they were quite long in the body so I thought they'd be nice to ruche over a belt or tuck in and bag out. Like I say the one I tried on was skin tight in the body. They wouldn't have even been suitable to wear as nighties!

What is a blue light card, and who can get them?
It's a discount card for Emergency Services, NHS, armed forces. Its £5 for 2 years, you have to prove that you work in one of these sectors by showing a pay slip when you apply. I've only had mine a short while, I've enjoyed 20% off total bill in Bill's restaurant twice (incl alcohol) , 20% in Seasalt, Crew Clothing Company and Peacocks. Its quite a broad group of occupations can apply - prison service, Red Cross, Armed Forces (and Veterans), Border Force, Coastguards to name a few. All sorts of offers, mostly online small companies but something for everyone.

Hubby is a retired NHS worker and he got a leaflet when he got his pension statement in April.
That's good that it's retired workers as well. The website doesn't give info on what companies offer savings, you only get that when you sign up! But if you do a Google search you can find newspaper articles that give you a flavour of the offers. It's great value at £5 for 2 years and I'm getting my money's worth already!

It's a discount card for Emergency Services, NHS, armed forces. Its £5 for 2 years, you have to prove that you work in one of these sectors by showing a pay slip when you apply. I've only had mine a short while, I've enjoyed 20% off total bill in Bill's restaurant twice (incl alcohol) , 20% in Seasalt, Crew Clothing Company and Peacocks. Its quite a broad group of occupations can apply - prison service, Red Cross, Armed Forces (and Veterans), Border Force, Coastguards to name a few. All sorts of offers, mostly online small companies but something for everyone.
Well. I did work for the NHS many years ago, I could do with some torch discounts ;)

There are discounts for Halfords on there!!! I like to be organised and have torches round the house (just in case...) but I think you are a serious collector and I'm not in your league.
There is a frenzy at the moment. They released an existing type of torch at 0900 today, but painted bright green with red spots. But it was limited to 3000 worldwide.

It sold out in seconds, leaving 1000's of disgruntled collectors.

And the torch forum is FULL of complaints. But many of those that got them will be selling them on Ebay for 5x the price.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1634).png
    Screenshot (1634).png
    176.7 KB · Views: 45
There is a frenzy at the moment. They released an existing type of torch at 0900 today, but painted bright green with red spots. But it was limited to 3000 worldwide.

It sold out in seconds, leaving 1000's of disgruntled collectors.

And the torch forum is FULL of complaints. But many of those that got them will be selling them on Ebay for 5x the price.
I usually buy torches at Robert Dyas and pay £5 for them! I never knew there were collectors and torch forums, you live and learn. They can't be that bothered if they would sell at a profit on Ebay!

I collected my T shirts today and they're both lovely in style and quality. Yes I only paid £6 more. They are Mango brand and I know that their sizing is on the skimpy side, so I went for medium. One of them is a looser boxy style and fits just right, but the other one, whilst it doesn't look tight, I'd have preferred it a little looser, and wish I'd ordered large (which is ridiculous for someone who wears a high street size 8/10). Annoyingly even though it's free to return, if I were to reorder I'd have to pay another £2 in click and collect charges so I'll stick with it. That's the downside of online ordering!

I usually buy torches at Robert Dyas and pay £5 for them! I never knew there were collectors and torch forums, you live and learn. They can't be that bothered if they would sell at a profit on Ebay!
Their most expensive is about £600, the next one down is £330.

The cheapest is £22 for a tiny keyring torch (but is is extremely bright and also rechargeable, and made of metal).

I collected my T shirts today and they're both lovely in style and quality. Yes I only paid £6 more. They are Mango brand and I know that their sizing is on the skimpy side, so I went for medium. One of them is a looser boxy style and fits just right, but the other one, whilst it doesn't look tight, I'd have preferred it a little looser, and wish I'd ordered large (which is ridiculous for someone who wears a high street size 8/10). Annoyingly even though it's free to return, if I were to reorder I'd have to pay another £2 in click and collect charges so I'll stick with it. That's the downside of online ordering!
Glad you like your t-shirts (although size 8-10 shouldn't need "large"! I was looking for a new swimming costume recently, I have a black one from M&S that is perfectly OK but boring. Wanted a prettier one for on holiday. Saw one on the M&S website which looked nice so I ordered it. I'm 16-18 so ordered 18. It was very long in the body and very loose around the bottom. I could have just changed it for a smaller size but the main problem was the thick fabric. Was worried that when it got wet it would hang around my knees like a crocheted costume!! Needless to say it went back - had I seen it in store I probably wouldn't have chosen it. Yes, downside of online ordering. Haven't found one yet so I may have to stick to my boring one!

I sent the shameful rags back today and it cost me £3.35 to send second class, so I shall look forward to getting the equivalent of about £6 back, that'll learn me! As much as I love online shopping, there's no substitute for seeing and trying on stuff before buying. I'd not have touched those t shirts with a bargepole if I'd seen them beforehand, anyway they're out of my life - yay!

I used to get the phone calls and always said no. Since I have been using PayPal I haven't had any. Although when I was dithering over which sandals I wanted, I got a phone call asking me if I was having a problem placing my orders. I was quite annoyed. Couldn't believe I was being watched just looking at some cheap sandals. I expect that's cookies for you.
As it happened I did order a pair of lovely sandals for a fiver and free P&P, was surprised how nice and comfy they were for that price.
I get an email from them asking if I have forgotten to place my order after browsing and not buying but I think that's because I'm automatically logged in when I open the webpage.

The last time I bought from IW years back, a jewellery cleaner that was sold on QVC before that. Some weeks later, IW phoned me and asked why I had no bought anything more? It miffed me off no end and I refused to buy from them again.

I was going to post the same thing because IW sent me an email about it. The P&P was £3.99 but I can’t remembered if that was capped.

Latest posts

Back