Is it April Fool's day?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
I just heard Jill Franks state that Rodial's Dragon's Blood products are NOT made from actual dragon's blood! She said she has to make it clear that it's made from a tree.

Was it a joke or are there really people out there that think it IS made from dragon's blood?

Or did I imagine it? The presenters (especially AY) trot out such crap these days I usually ignore them but this was spectacularly stupid. A friend described people as 'breeding stupid' and I must say I have to agree with him!

I just heard Jill Franks state that Rodial's Dragon's Blood products are NOT made from actual dragon's blood! She said she has to make it clear that it's made from a tree.

Was it a joke or are there really people out there that think it IS made from dragon's blood?

Or did I imagine it? The presenters (especially AY) trot out such crap these days I usually ignore them but this was spectacularly stupid. A friend described people as 'breeding stupid' and I must say I have to agree with him!
They don't use the actual blood, but use other parts of the dragon

I am sure she said similar when selling a unicorn children’s cycle some years back. Explaining that the bike’s klaxon was not made from the horn of a unicorn and no unicorns were harmed in any element of its manufacture. Or was I dreaming that she lives on the planet Zanussi? No…she certainly appears to be in a very special world of her own..

It must be her sense of humour because she said it dead pan. However, there may well be zealots out there who don't want dragons' blood or poor unicorns' horns used in cosmetics or toys. Often, when sunglasses are sold with tortoise shell frames, the presenter will stress that tortoises were not harmed. In any case, I think Dragon's Blood is a silly name for skin care, even though it will grab your attention.

I can see she has humour as sometimes she lets it out. But she has a very deadpan manner/spaced out manner on-air, and doesn’t really express anything facially or by body movement in general. She even seems in a retail state of fugue at times. Probably a case of somebody in relaxed mode you could have a good old chortle about shopping television with off camera in the pub. Whereas old Flintski would be telling you what to drink, grabbing your glass to make you hold it properly, how you actually swallow it, how many more rounds to buy, and to do your flies flots up..

Given all the wokeness about (see Alison Young thread!) there may be people who identify as Dragons now! I have decided if questioned to reply that my gender identity is Two Spirit. I don’t know what it means, not being a Native American, but it sounds rather good!😂

Latest posts

Back