Is Pro-Strong any good for peeling nails?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How the heck did you manage to stop biting your nails ??? I have bitten mine for 60 (ahem) years and tried no end of times to stop, with no success. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated, as I would LOVE even short, nicely manicured nails.

P xx

I used to bite my nails too when I was a child. The thing that encouraged me to stop was seeing all the lovely coloured nail varnishes that I couldn't wear because my nails were so horrible. I just went cold turkey and stopped.

I have always had strong nails but after using OPI Avoplex the started peeling. I will leave them well alone from now on

Had always been a nail biter, but finally stopped. When my nails started to grow they appeared fairly normal, but listening to the OPI presentations, was "brainwashed"! into thinking maybe I needed to put something on them as I'd abused them for so many years, so started on the Nail Envy. And lo and behold, about 3 days after the 30 day MBG ran out, they all started peeling off in layers. Stopped using it, and they finally went back to normal, have left well alone ever since, except for Boots or Avon cuticle cream, and no further trouble.

I had a spell where my nails were splitting and peeling dreadfully, my solution turned out to be fairly cheap, I'm sure that nail professionals would be horrified but I used vaseline. I left little pots of vaseline wherever I could and would just massage a tiny bit into the nails while on the phone or watching TV or wherever I remembered to leave a pot. My nails are absolutely fine now and I've also found Crabtree and Evelyn's paraben free hand therapy's are really great.

ProStrong did nothing for my nails. Nail Envy works for me. :happy:

Nail Envy sent my nails yellow, and ProStrong made them crumble after an initial hopeful period :confused:

Milagro is slowly brilliant but needs a moisturiser on top (for me, anyway); Trind is brilliant but involves nail polish remover and discipline, the first of which I hate and the second, ain't got none of :blush:

clemenzina

I had bad experiences with Pro Strong And Nail Envy, too!

Best I've found for peeling is Mavala's Scientifique. It just gets painted on the tips and away you go. Took about 3 weeks max for my nails to recover and they haven't peeled since. My bottle was £4.95 in John Lewis a few years back.

I also agree with masssage for the cuticles. I did use oil but couldn't be bothered after a while so now just use my hand cream.

A few days ago Milagro was put up on eBay - the first time for many months. I think these people are the only retailers in the UK (they've got a website as well www.Body4Real.co.uk).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270594859707&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

There's the bottle of Milagro and a tube of cuticle cream. The Milagro would last me 6 months MINIIMUM, but I don't apply it twice a day like you should when starting out.

It's cheaper than it used to be!

clemenzina :)

have ordered a kit this morning clemenzina...will let you know how I go! I'm 62 and never in my life had a decent set of fingernails, have tried just about everything on them to no avail..Milagro is a new one for me - apparently it means "miracle" in Spanish...well it will be if my nails grow long!!!

You sound like a prime candidate for Milagro, Mum: tried everything, nothing to lose.

I'm hoping you'll report back happy in a couple of months - I found I saw an improvement in that time but then my nails kept getting better, you (I) need to use it for ever :happy:

clemenzina

I shall be one happy bunny if it works for me clemenzina! I shall so enjoy lashing on some scarlet nail varnish!:nod: mind you my OH won't like it, he hates long nails and he hates long nails with nail varnish even more - I reckon it's him that's put a hex on me! I'll give it a couple of months anyway, then post my findings...thanks....

Latest posts

Back