It Cosmetics TSV 04/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's a lovely kit but the light is too dark for me in this cream (I wonder why it differs from original). I am not the fairest of the fair or Nicola from girls aloud but need the fair in this. We are all different so you won't really know until you try it.
I tried it on the back of my hand and the coverage seems really good but more orange. I have not tried it on my face yet will try it tomorrow. If in doubt and you really want it I would order a few shades.
My hand and face are a bit dry at the moment I think it must be the cold weather.

AndiK my winter shade is ecru 1N2 and summer is desert beige 2N1 or I just mix the two. Both are neutral shades but I can also wear yellow toned foundations too. What shade are you in DW? x

In EL DW I was matched at a counter with Sand (I think it's 1W2) - the assistant mentioned my neck had a yellow tone and the Sand is definitely good for me. Online, I think it looks more of a medium shade but it's actually quite light. I can also wear Dune in the summer.

It's a lovely kit but the light is too dark for me in this cream (I wonder why it differs from original). I am not the fairest of the fair or Nicola from girls aloud but need the fair in this. We are all different so you won't really know until you try it.
I tried it on the back of my hand and the coverage seems really good but more orange. I have not tried it on my face yet will try it tomorrow. If in doubt and you really want it I would order a few shades.
My hand and face are a bit dry at the moment I think it must be the cold weather.

Thank you for all of this. It's so helpful. At least the coverage sounds adequate for me. From what you say, I'm doubting the Light is my shade, even though on shade matcher sites they say Light in the original CC+ Cream is close to my Estėe Lauder Sand. The Fair looks like it might be too pink, unfortunately. Let's see if I can be guided by what they say in the midnight presentation.

Thank you for all of this. It's so helpful. At least the coverage sounds adequate for me. From what you say, I'm doubting the Light is my shade, even though on shade matcher sites they say Light in the original CC+ Cream is close to my Estėe Lauder Sand. The Fair looks like it might be too pink, unfortunately. Let's see if I can be guided by what they say in the midnight presentation.

The IT girls are so ott I hope they cover the colour shades and are not to much in stepford wife rehearsed mode.

Whats happened to the beauty expert, this is a big brand and they have Anne Dawson doing the TSV launch :mysmilie_1:

Yes you get the same Palette every 90 days, according to the rep you can keep a palette in your car for touch ups okayyyyyyyyyyy worst auto delivery offer ever unless you have Quadruplets.

i was very tempted to buy this... was a bit unsure of which shade but after reading the fair has an orange tint to it i not so keen...
Also watching the demos on qvc i can tell its glittery, the illumination is small glitter, which over the course of a day would become more and more noticeable. I still want to try IT cosmetics but not this foundation

It’s not easy listening. They sound evangelical.

Watched a bit of the repeat but I can’t take these girls luckily have watched in bed on my iPad so can curl up under the duvet to recover.Won’t be ordering although I liked the CC cream before but the shade was too light.Will get to Selfridges sometime & try the shades.

Out òf curiosity I looked at a few YouTube clips of American woman who'd already tried it, and yes the ones I looked at said it was glittery, and just to let you know they also said you will need a finishing powder.

Out òf curiosity I looked at a few YouTube clips of American woman who'd already tried it, and yes the ones I looked at said it was glittery, and just to let you know they also said you will need a finishing powder.
I think it depends on your skin type whether you need a finishing powder or not, wgether you like a glowy face or not. After all, it is a glowy foundation hence the name you can easily find other reviews saying that it is abolutely not glittery. As always, we need to test by ourselves in order to judge about the product.

i was very tempted to buy this... was a bit unsure of which shade but after reading the fair has an orange tint to it i not so keen...
Also watching the demos on qvc i can tell its glittery, the illumination is small glitter, which over the course of a day would become more and more noticeable. I still want to try IT cosmetics but not this foundation

It is the light shade that is orangy.

I think it depends on your skin type whether you need a finishing powder or not, wgether you like a glowy face or not. After all, it is a glowy foundation hence the name you can easily find other reviews saying that it is abolutely not glittery. As always, we need to test by ourselves in order to judge about the product.

I agree, and if QVC offered free returns I'd agree even more. My comment was more in reply to OokeyKat who said there was glitter in the product, but I'm just putting it out there for people who do normally need a finishing powder and aren't fussy on glitter in their beauty products.

Why don't they show the shades as swatches on real skin so that one can see the real difference between the colours? By the way, the model using the light shade didn't look orangy at all in my view (saw the presentation from midnight).

Why don't they show the shades as swatches on real skin so that one can see the real difference between the colours? By the way, the model using the light shade didn't look orangy at all in my view (saw the presentation from midnight).

Couldn't agree more. The giant, dark haired IT automaton went through the shades about five times but just kept repeating the same unhelpful spiel about "Fair is only for very light skin, the fairest of the fair, Light is for skins with a bit more warmth ....". Someone must have benn pressing the repeat button on her neck and off she went. You learnt nothing new if you watched the whole hour. There was no mention of tones of pink or yellow to the skin or product, for example. USELESS.

I’ve got it in the medium tan and it’sgot no glitter of any description!?! I’m 50 so wouldn’t go anywhere near anything glittery
Also the palette had a translucent powder in it so you don’t need any other finishing powder

I’ve got it in the medium tan and it’sgot no glitter of any description!?! I’m 50 so wouldn’t go anywhere near anything glittery
Also the palette had a translucent powder in it so you don’t need any other finishing powder

I was just commenting on the American YouTube clips who obviously haven't got the palette, so that's why they comment on the finishing powder, if you're using this foundation every day I doubt that small square would last till the next drop. As I said, just commenting on OokeyKat comment who stated theirs had glitter and was agreeing because that's what others had said. No problem though, I'm glad you, and everyone who bought it, loves their set.

Latest posts

Back