It's coming back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss Precision - "I've worked with a lot of designer watch brands and you're looking at £200+ for this type of watch." :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

411.jpg

It is your Emma boydell telling u that though

Well it was the other one, but Emma is spouted equally bad crap.

PS

BTW

I just recently bought earbud things for my walks, cheap, i'm stingy. but they work.

Well it was the other one, but Emma is spouted equally bad crap.

PS

BTW

I just recently bought earbud things for my walks, cheap, i'm stingy. but they work.

I bought mine for £5 from TJC about a year ago with free p&p. Discounted, plus an ExtraXX code discount and on a megaday! Different brand/make but fine.
TJC is my go to if eBay or elsewhere isn't cheaper. Dunno' about IW3, but don't knock TJC, I say.
Just hope IW3 doesn't affect TJC's future.

That's inflation for you! Different people had different rates, based on their 'star appeal'. I use the term loosely. And it was quite a few years ago too.
I think that was the same show where they showed a guy who would say anything on video for just £5! The 'snake-oil' internet sales adverts would use him as a fake testimonial, sometimes wearing a white coat, or saying a get rich quick scheme worked for him.

Said before that I'm surprised he hasn't popped up on some form of TV reality/cooking/chat/travel show. Maybe they don't want him, but I could see him on Coach Trip, or Come Dine with Me, Four in a Bed (fnarrr), First Dates celebs, Holiday swaps, 'wife' swap ... etc. Freezing with Wim Hoff. Like to see that one!!!
Anything where they get to comment and make remarks about fellow contestants and situations.

"Peter Simon is a former popular children's TV presenter and a television sales personality. With a passion for food and home cooking, watch him take on his fellow celebrities as he battles to compete to produce restaurant quality fine dining food that delights John & Greg on Celebrity Masterchef: the Oldies Edition..." 😜

Or Bake-off. Or Strictly? No. The main problem I guess is that outside of the TV shopping arena, and Boomers/GenX of a certain age who saw him on kids tv, he's not well-known enough to appeal to a wider demographic audience base. Something like SU2C or a charity thing to get better known.

I should be his agent. Probably he's happy with his settled life. Why change.
I want to see him on I'm a Celebrity eating kangaroo testicles or whatever they eat there. I never watch it but I'd watch it if he were on it. Or they could have one series with just shopping channel presenters. I must pitch these ideas to ITV...

I was thinking about Mike Mason the other night, No not like that

He has probably done the right thing keeping quiet, he probably doesn’t fit in right with how the channel is currently, But maybe after Christmas when they have a new studio. If they then ask him, I don’t think he would turn them down, he is being quiet, waiting for it to settle
"New" studio - They'd need a studio to be able to get a new one,
From that tiny set I'm reminded of Philip and Gordon in the broom cupboard of old,
I'd love to have seen that meeting "Sh1t we now own the channel! Get down to B&Q for some hardboard and whatever wallpaper is in the reduced bin, We'll only need 2 rolls"

All of this stock it would seem is from TJC and is more expensive. I think they have made a huge mistake opening this channel. I use TJC quite a lot they do have some good bargains but this channel is beyond poor. A couple of TJC presenters on here imo are more professional. The others are poor not good at all. Peter Simons with his smutt, Sally with her screeching all send me to the off button.
Introduced a friend to the channel over the weekend who'd never seen the original version of IW and we ended up playing a game of "How many times does pervy pete touch the female co-host for no apparent reason"

So - my thoughts based on what I've seen so far,

Almost feeling sorry for Sally and Pete as it seems all the other presenters ended up as part of the "Create and Craft" family, Must have really stung being the only 2 left

The set is tiny, Brick wallpaper humorous and I think they are broadcasting from a disabled toilet or broom cupboard pending the management deciding if it's even worth carrying on and possibly investing in a studio

The lack of "Filler" VT and long silences feel extremely odd and conspicuous

"Production" value is a random security guard who agreed to "give it a go" and is learning as they are going along, The earpiece chat, Distorted mics, Blasts of loud mic when the presenter / item changes, Lack of VT to cut to, Lack of idents (beyond the one card) and so on

Does anyone know where they are broadcasting from - I'm guessing not the original IW studios? Is Sally really living in a caravan in the carpark? Am I the only one who feels they've got someone with "A big car" driving around places like Argos clearance and market stalls grabbing stock to sell as fast as they can?

Has anyone found it back on Sky yet? I've got it via freeview but can't find it on SkyQ

So - my thoughts based on what I've seen so far,

Almost feeling sorry for Sally and Pete as it seems all the other presenters ended up as part of the "Create and Craft" family, Must have really stung being the only 2 left

The set is tiny, Brick wallpaper humorous and I think they are broadcasting from a disabled toilet or broom cupboard pending the management deciding if it's even worth carrying on and possibly investing in a studio

The lack of "Filler" VT and long silences feel extremely odd and conspicuous

"Production" value is a random security guard who agreed to "give it a go" and is learning as they are going along, The earpiece chat, Distorted mics, Blasts of loud mic when the presenter / item changes, Lack of VT to cut to, Lack of idents (beyond the one card) and so on

Does anyone know where they are broadcasting from - I'm guessing not the original IW studios? Is Sally really living in a caravan in the carpark? Am I the only one who feels they've got someone with "A big car" driving around places like Argos clearance and market stalls grabbing stock to sell as fast as they can?

Has anyone found it back on Sky yet? I've got it via freeview but can't find it on SkyQ

I'm assuming it's at TJC studios, the one that was used for TJC Beauty channel, in London.

So far most of the products are ones that have been on TJC channel and TJC Beauty channel, so assume stock is coming from TJC's warehouse.

It's channel 668 (was TJC Beauty before) on my old sky box, I know that it's not on Sky Stream or Sky Glass, but don't know about Sky Q.

If only I’d known. If I had I could have bought the name, the channel number, set up from my living room, sold old stock Izal toilet rolls, vintage lava lamps, MP3 players, talking plastic framed fish, and just out of date cans of soup, waved a piece of cardboard saying Ideal World between items and come over as equally innovative, product smart and slick as the actual purchasers are.

Now…what they could have done, if there’d been any apparent serious commitment as it stands to relaunch it, was WAIT…until you are READY…PROPERLY READY…find a studio of a decent size with a kitchen area, space for an exercise equipment demo area and for general much bigger items..Have some good outside space for external use type products. Made some decent promos to use between items. Set workable time limits for all presentations. Have at least three or four products to present per hour of broadcasting. Sourced NEW and branded type goods that actually had the capability to excite its audience with great prices. TOLD the better and experienced presenters at TJC they were coming over...People like Hodgson. and others like Marshall and Lyndsay with actual direct experience of the style of presentation needed for the brand, plus a ‘big hitter’ in style like Mason..Even try to poach a few from QVC (if they could unglue them from their studio floor). What they’ve actually done is the complete opposite of everything I have suggested…

Perhaps she’s had second thoughts at witnessing the abject car crash that it is?

Forcing myself to watch some more of it. We have the out of real acting work woman from er..Ideal World on this doppelganger version. She is demonstrating a dash cam for sale at £19.99. Coming out with a shambolic, rambling set of scenarios on the perils of not having a £19.99 unbranded dash cam, including your insurance may be £1000 more without one?? Evidence of that claim? This discreet (it stretches four handfuls) item, she drones on...Why does it have to be discreet? Surely it is more of a preventative method of protection against set up accidents etc. if it is patently clear you do have in-car camera capabilities? Now she contradicts herself completely saying it stands out as a visual deterrent. God help us all. Anyway, I'll let her get on with her awful pitch. If I do want a dashcam, I'll buy a quality one from a known brand like Nextbase, and not what she is eulogising mindlessly about ..

"New" studio - They'd need a studio to be able to get a new one,
From that tiny set I'm reminded of Philip and Gordon in the broom cupboard of old,
I'd love to have seen that meeting "Sh1t we now own the channel! Get down to B&Q for some hardboard and whatever wallpaper is in the reduced bin, We'll only need 2 rolls"
Whilst they were in B&Q they should have borrowed one of their "display kitchen on a sled" units that some stores seem to have which would have given them a small kitchen backdrop. Even if it wasn't plumbed/connected into anything.

Though to be fair the broom cupboard they're currently using isn't big enough for a microwave let alone a tiny trolly kitchen that IKEA sells.

Latest posts

Back