Not good

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rubia

Registered Shopper
I have just looked at ideal world missed auctions I cannot believe how much more the items are selling for here!! Same stock just hyped up prices. Needless to say they will not be getting my money. Will stick with TJC been with them a long time.....

Yep, just bought some Xmas stuff and bits I needed from TJC yesterday with megaday free p&p on everything and my 20% email code they sent or the mega 10% discounts too, or items that had already been discounted.
Think it was to compete with Amzn Prime anniversary day or something.

Looking forward to my brown parcels arriving.
But Royal Mail tracking system is or has been down recently so may get surprises arriving (if not using Evri/Hermes, they use both using some criteria to select cheapest for item, I guess).

Nothing like that on IW afaik.

I don't know. I have tuned in once or twice and they seem to have no stock! They spend ages on the same item and it all seems to be the kind of stuff I can get from TJC. None of the old IW brands. Why on earth buy another channel only to sell the same crap you are already selling? The IW punters will be hoping for some of the things they used to get on IW. Not just more TJC handbags and grater/ slicers they can get on Amazon cheaper! The Emelia stuff used to go well. My late Mum loved their bengalines - they used to sell well - IW need to pick up the phone to some of the IW vendors that had a good following or it is pointless.
I found it all a bit low budget - low on stock and lacking in energy.

Buying the routes to market/audiences (not just the channel slots, the website and social media channels) is exactly what TJC has done. For the moment, I think it's understandable that they're selling TJC stock, in the fullness of time I guess they will develop more factors that differentiate the channel from TJC. New set should help too.

I don't know. I have tuned in once or twice and they seem to have no stock! They spend ages on the same item and it all seems to be the kind of stuff I can get from TJC. None of the old IW brands. Why on earth buy another channel only to sell the same crap you are already selling? The IW punters will be hoping for some of the things they used to get on IW. Not just more TJC handbags and grater/ slicers they can get on Amazon cheaper! The Emelia stuff used to go well. My late Mum loved their bengalines - they used to sell well - IW need to pick up the phone to some of the IW vendors that had a good following or it is pointless.
I found it all a bit low budget - low on stock and lacking in energy.
Considering that IW went bust twice owing lots of people money, I can understand why some of the old IW staples are currently lacking.

Plus some suppliers had already started supplying Shop Extra, not to mention that this new TJC incarnation had to start with zero preparation time in order to keep the old IW channel slots.

And the limited set means you can't do much re. demos, demonstrating and modelling even if the stock was there.

I don't think that it's good to have people who have very obviously had cosmetic work done flogging beauty creams, lotions, potions and especially expensive beauty technology.

Or if you really must, be honest and have the presenter tell the audience that whatever is currently in stock didn't give them lips like a pair of mating space hoppers. But that instead they are actually the result of getting unwanted by-products from BP pumped into them a fortnight ago.

Latest posts

Back