Another QVC failure

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
I bought this Bell & Howell lamp last week. The instruction leaflet is just awful, on the reviews others say the same thing. All I have been able to set is the time. Reading the instructions over and over still unable to set day of the week or temp. The BA when hyping it up said on air to set the year first as it is set for 2009, which means of course this is a very old model. However she omitted to tell us how you set the year as there is no instructions how to achieve this.
I am as sharp as a tool and not unintelligent, so still I cannot change the things I mention. I am increasingly angry with QVC, indeed I may write to Bell & Howell with my displeasure. If you zoom you will see the day as Saturday, I can’t change it.

Attachments

• IMG_1520.jpeg
    IMG_1520.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 77
It never fails to amaze me how poor instructions that come with items are. I don’t know where the B&H item you have was made but I find it infuriating how nearly everything made in China, and to a lesser extent places like India maybe, comes with “instructions” which simply have not been proof-read to make sure the English is sound. Some of them are pure gobbledegook. You can’t expect the manufacturers to have a perfect command of all languages, especially if it’s technical, but you would think the UK businesses having things made abroad would want to check all the paperwork that goes in the boxes to make sure their paying customers can understand and use the ****** thing. All it requires is an email with a draft before the paperwork is printed. I am an absolute stickler for anything like that and if I were having something made and shipped in from a non-English-speaking country, I would insist on it and deduct money for anything that could cause confusion.

Oh dear, I’ve gone on a bit there. I hope you get it sorted, ohnonotshoppingagain. Give ‘em a mouthful!

It never fails to amaze me how poor instructions that come with items are. I don’t know where the B&H item you have was made but I find it infuriating how nearly everything made in China, and to a lesser extent places like India maybe, comes with “instructions” which simply have not been proof-read to make sure the English is sound. Some of them are pure gobbledegook. You can’t expect the manufacturers to have a perfect command of all languages, especially if it’s technical, but you would think the UK businesses having things made abroad would want to check all the paperwork that goes in the boxes to make sure their paying customers can understand and use the ****** thing. All it requires is an email with a draft before the paperwork is printed. I am an absolute stickler for anything like that and if I were having something made and shipped in from a non-English-speaking country, I would insist on it and deduct money for anything that could cause confusion.

Oh dear, I’ve gone on a bit there. I hope you get it sorted, ohnonotshoppingagain. Give ‘em a mouthful!
not at all Andi I totally agree with you. I cannot ever remember the woman’s name on Q who demos these things but I woukd have been more impressed if she went into detail telling us how on earth you change the year. See the underside of this lamp which has only four buttons, another annoyance for me is pressing buttons under means you constantly juggle to see the display.

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpeg
    IMG_1525.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 32
Why are they selling something that was manufactured in 2009? That's crazy.
Every time I have a power cut my central heating goes crazy as it resets to 01/01/2010 so the heating may come on in the middle of the night. At least I know how to reset it, but it is not easy (we have had THREE power cuts this month, up to 22 hours for some houses in my road.

At least I have some torches (at least 300) !

Why are they selling something that was manufactured in 2009? That's crazy.
yes we wonder and it is not featured even on you tube. The light itself is touch sensative and is good, otherwise I woukd have returned it but that doesn’t stop me from writing a strong letter to both QVC and B & H

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpeg
    IMG_1525.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 16
Every time I have a power cut my central heating goes crazy as it resets to 01/01/2010 so the heating may come on in the middle of the night. At least I know how to reset it, but it is not easy (we have had THREE power cuts this month, up to 22 hours for some houses in my road.

At least I have some torches (at least 300) !
I have torvhes too, but no good for close work hence why I bought this!

yes we wonder and it is not featured even on you tube. The light itself is touch sensative and is good, otherwise I woukd have returned it but that doesn’t stop me from writing a strong letter to both QVC and B & H
Perhaps the CR2032 battery needs replacing to get it working? Ask QVC to send you one free, as it would be dead after all that time since 2009.

not at all Andi I totally agree with you. I cannot ever remember the woman’s name on Q who demos these things but I woukd have been more impressed if she went into detail telling us how on earth you change the year. See the underside of this lamp which has only four buttons, another annoyance for me is pressing buttons under means you constantly juggle to see the display.
😡😡😡

I have an old alarm clock which projects the time onto a wall and it has fiddly buttons in an awkward place like that as well. in fact, there are two sets of buttons as the time which displays on the front of the thing is set separately from the projected time. Every time the clocks change or we have a power cut, I go berserk! Oh, and one of the read-outs loses a couple of minutes every few weeks so I have to correct it occasionally. I’m surprised I haven’t “projected” the whole unit at the wall, never mind the time!

Let us know how you get on.

😡😡😡

I have an old alarm clock which projects the time onto a wall and it has fiddly buttons in an awkward place like that as well. in fact, there are two sets of buttons as the time which displays on the front of the thing is set separately from the projected time. Every time the clocks change or we have a power cut, I go berserk! Oh, and one of the read-outs loses a couple of minutes every few weeks so I have to correct it occasionally. I’m surprised I haven’t “projected” the whole unit at the wall, never mind the time!

Let us know how you get on.
Bought my dad a clock that resets itself after being turned off and when the clocks go forward/back. We bought it him as he couldn't managed to reset the clock he had.
We got it after he died and if it packed up we'd have to get another. We unplug when we go away and first thing when we get back just plug it in and about 30 seconds later correct date and time.
Going off topic anyone else absolutely fed up with the gales and rain. It's just started persisting down here again.😡😡

Latest posts

Back