My QVC ordering is back on the up!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
For several months now my QVC orders - mainly on beauty products- have dwindled and I had been returning a fair bit and keeping very little. I have not ordered a QVC fashion item and kept it for many months.

However I have started to notice that I am buying a wider variety of products in recent weeks-and keeping them.
-richard Jackson plant invigorate, weed killer and slug pellets (all repeat purchases)
-Advanced order of Himalayan poppies for the shady part of my garden (I tried and failed last year to germinate my own from seed)
-Doll 10 concealer duo
- The last Doll 10 TSV
- Yankee candle OTO tarts
- Yankee Candle Votives
- Diamonique mother of pearl snuggle earings (also an OTO )
- L'Occitane floral soap collection
-A really fab L'Occitane Bargain hunter of Grasse perfumes on 4 easy pays of £6 including a Harper's subscription of £1 per copy!
A Tarte lip set and a Tarte blusher.

I know this sounds a lot but all of them contained things I really wanted to buy and in scents I love). No items or scents included that I didn't really like but bought anyway.

Are QVC upping their game on their TSV's and OTO's perhaps? Gardening seems to be taking over fashion and the Yankee Candle variety and sets on offer are really well thought out, tempting and less boring of late. I know everyone is different and there are other beauty brands (like Gatineau) that don't interest me. But even today's Liz Earle TSV has sneaked into my shopping bag (I have not purchased any Liz Earle since Emma Hardie started at Q about 3 years ago? )
And I am looking forward to the Tarte TSV.....

Anyone else notice an improvement lately?

To be honest I'm finding it less, it's those little tricks they do to decieve like bringing TSVs back for a couple of quid more, the Flora Mare one was brought back as an IP price only £1.82 more than the TSV price, also checking on Amazon were what QVC are selling is only a fraction of the price with free p&p. I do watch now and again, but not half as much, and if I see anything I like I Google it, nine times out of ten it's found elsewhere cheaper with free delivery. I've been with QVC from literally day one and it's sad to see them not moving with the times, I mean capping postage or even free delivery, I know they're in it to make money but some prices compared to elsewhere are bordering on criminal. Obviously that's just my opinion, we all like different things.

Sadly, no. There's no incentive to buy TSVs since they return in a while at only a little more than the TSV price and you've had a chance to avoid return postage by reading reviews first. The prices of fashion which I would buy are silly compared with the DHS, so they'll have to work a lot harder to tempt me.

All the best and I do hope you recover soon. :mysmilie_499:

I just cancelled my TSV order. Fantastic though it is I have enough cleanser already and really do not need! A lot of money if you ignore the easy pays!

I was getting at more of the content of the TSV's and OTO'S rather than the price. But I do agree with you both about the sneaky price increase after a TSV (assuming it did not sell out)

Bought nothing for months. I have loads of moisturisers and cleaners and have discovered that I do not need to use moisturiser day and night. It may be the warmer weather. Fashion I cannot buy as I am too tall and slim for the clothes. Work from home so jewellery not needed.

Sadly, no. There's no incentive to buy TSVs since they return in a while at only a little more than the TSV price and you've had a chance to avoid return postage by reading reviews first. The prices of fashion which I would buy are silly compared with the DHS, so they'll have to work a lot harder to tempt me.

Aw thanks Thatu, that's really kind of you, you take care too :mysmilie_508:

No,my purchases have dwindled too. I got the PediNano TSV,the first buy in months. It's brilliant and I really needed it so I am happy,no negatives. I will carry on the same, no impulse buys and no wait lists.

I think Q have gone downhill big time. Nothing new or exciting, same old, same old tsv`s, often poor quality items, awful screechy hard sell presenters, old fashioned format, ridiculous p and p, deplorable returns and refunds system, prices are way too high at times and it`s become The Peoples Friend instead of the Cosmopolitan of shopping channels if you know what I mean. Hence I`ve bought one tsv since last year, the ABC one and I do my shopping elsewhere.

After buying hardly anything for years, I've recently gone mad! 5 pairs of the TSV jeans, 2 pairs of TSV Skechers, 3 pairs of Honora earrings all in the last couple of weeks.
Got to stop it now. At least the Liz Earle is not appealling to me at all - and I used to buy all hers.

QVC dropped from second most trusted brand to third, wouldn't surprise in the least if next year they dropped to fourth. They haven't move with the times by trying to out do, or at best keep up with their competition and they've became complacent, and that will be their downfall.

I have found Q quite easy to resist this year, I agree they have become very boring of late, loved the comment about them becoming the People's Friend. It just seems to be the same products and tsvs , coming around again. I have told myself I will only buy from them if it is something I really want and I can't get it elsewhere (unlikely) or it can't be beaten on price (also unlikely) I tend to buy only beauty items or Yankee from them, and I have enough of both from them two.
Only tsv I regret not getting was the alpha h one, and I wil just wait for the next one to come round.
Am partial to Kipling too but don't often like the Q exclusives and get them cheaper elsewhere.
I think Q need to up their game as despite all the new customers they keep informing us of I think they could struggle in the next few years

So just me then!

No - I've been buying too...

6 x Kim & Co tops

3 x Kim & Co trousers (not the acetate material but the stretchy pretend denim straight leg ones)

L'Occitane supersize shower gel duo

Gale Hayman lip duo

James Read TSV

LG TSV

Diane Gilman TSV

It doesn't bother me that the TSV price might be close to the 'introductory' price when it's next aired - I make my decision on the price at the time and whether I need / want the item.

Oh, I also bought the pressure washer deal from Ideal World too.

Unless TSV sells out and not available any more

To be honest I'm finding it less, it's those little tricks they do to decieve like bringing TSVs back for a couple of quid more, the Flora Mare one was brought back as an IP price only £1.82 more than the TSV price, also checking on Amazon were what QVC are selling is only a fraction of the price with free p&p. I do watch now and again, but not half as much, and if I see anything I like I Google it, nine times out of ten it's found elsewhere cheaper with free delivery. I've been with QVC from literally day one and it's sad to see them not moving with the times, I mean capping postage or even free delivery, I know they're in it to make money but some prices compared to elsewhere are bordering on criminal. Obviously that's just my opinion, we all like different things.

I agree with you. If there is something I particularly like, I trawl the web to see if it's cheaper somewhere else. Very often it is and, as you say, without the extra cost of the postage and packing. I sent something back to Amazon recently and my P & P was refunded. In the past I ordered several items from the same show. Each one had an individual P & P charge and all were delivered on the same day by the courier in individual, oversized packaging. It makes no sense.

But returns, pricing or "cheaper elsewhere" aside.... what do people think about the variety in TSV sets, how they are put together, OTO 's too. The selections in the Yankee sets etc. That was what my thread was getting at...

But returns, pricing or "cheaper elsewhere" aside.... what do people think about the variety in TSV sets, how they are put together, OTO 's too. The selections in the Yankee sets etc. That was what my thread was getting at...

Although I haven't necessarily bought, there have been a few more brands offering TSVs that are new to QVC.

Unfortunately, though, I think there are too many signs of QVC playing it safe. In the past when they brought back TSVs as TSVs it was a rare event - not so these days.

Also, QVC clearly demands certain products are always included in TSVs from particular brands, which means however much the brand may want to offer a wider variety - they are shackled to QVC's stipulation that they must include best sellers. We see this most obviously in beauty: Elemis PCMC, Laura Geller B&B, Liz Earle C&P are three examples, I'm sure we can all come up with more.

QVC also wants exclusives - either products only available at QVC, or launches of products. This can be helpful, or it can mean TSVs include products that are not well-reviewed and never see the light of day (Elemis Evening Blooms Oil from the Christmas TSV about 3 years ago, for example).

On the fashion side, too many shark-bite hems from all brands...

I think it's a little bit easier to get some variety going with a brand like Yankee Candles, as they launch new seasonal scents every quarter, plus there are US fragrances, the return of treasured fragrances (if they ever do a large candle TSV with Early Sunrise, and Sunwashed Linen in it, I'm sold). Even so, they still like to put together customer favourites TSVs (for that read best-sellers) so they do sometimes play safe.

We know there will never be a DIY TSV, as the dwindling number of shows indicates a decline in popularity (although it is a self-fulfilling prophesy as the sales response for things which are on air is always stronger). For the same reason there won't be a craft TSV... There won't be a beauty TSV with men's products in it (although I think it would be fantastic if they offered a choice and made one of the choices a men's configuration - some of the brands could definitely do this).

We get weird and wonderful Cook's Essentials TSVs (some of which have resulted in poor Simon Brown bleeding as a result of demonstrating the product) - but that's QVC's own brand. Most of the non-QVC brands in the kitchen are very expensive (Vitamix, Kitchen Aid, Magimix).

In the bedroom? I believe all the brands are in-house. With the likes of Kelly Hoppen lending her name and right of veto on products produced in the same factories as other QVC bedding brands (eg. Northern Nights, Mayfair Manor, Cozee Home).

I do wonder, about the fashion brands, how much of what is offered is anything other than QVC own-brands - all sourced from the same warehouses?

I think with the shrinking number of product types QVC now sell, compared to the past, they have no choice but to try and provide some variety and novelty within the TSVs they offer. The frequency with which many brands are now bringing TSVs means it's far too easy to spot the repetitive, unimaginative product selections and opt out.

Latest posts

Back