My QVC ordering is back on the up!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What an interesting post! Totally agree about Yankee candles. There have been quite a few I have really liked recently after years of hardly buying any from Q. Suddenly there are Salted Caramel, Splash of Rain, Plumeira, Sunflowers, Red Raspberry, Pink Grapefruit, Pink Carnation, Tahitian Tiara Flower, November Rain large jars on my shelf. Before I only had 4- true rose, Vanilla Lime, Christmas Eve and Sweet Strawberry. Now I have tarts and Votives in Shea Butter, Cassis, Aloe Water, and many more from the latest new scents. I have had to place a ban on buying any more!

I have also been really impressed with beauty ranges like Doll10 and am eagerly awaiting the new Tarte one. Before I had got into a rut of alwsys buying Mally and always regretting buying Laura Geller. Now I think Mally has to up her game with The TSV's as even though I adore her eye products and keep coming back to them... I am not loyal to Mally foundations, blushers or lip products and think there is stiff competition from Tarte and Doll10.

With L'Occitane... I have rarely bought a TSV in the last few years. I have bought their lovely bars of soap and my my favourite perfumes instead, not always from Q. I adore the brand. I was very pleased with a little bargain hunter set and another small set of travel sizes when both were on 4 easy pays. I was impressed because I genuinely think I will enjoy using them all and it has given me some new items to try. I usually avoided sets like this in the past so it surprised me that they caught my eye.

Judging by a separate thread - there may not be further Mally TSVs...

I love the little sets L'Occitane do. They often have such sets as GWP or lower price with purchase in their shops and on the web, and they always offer you little sample sachets of products to try. I find it a bit ironic that they have someone who comes across as rather stand-offish as their brand representative on QVC when their sales staff in their stores have always been (in my experience) friendly and helpful. I too find that I don't buy the TSVs - I don't need supersizes of liquid soap or shower gel. Last TSV I bought was an Almond one, and I've yet to start, let alone finish, the Almond Shower Oil. I bought the recent almond travel set, which includes a small pot of the new almond velvet balm which I'm excited to try. I bought several different small sets on that Beauty day with the 4 EPs, and have given 2 well-received presents from them so far...

I've literally run out of shelf-space for more Yankee Candles at present, so I'm burning down my less-favoured scents to make some space. For now, if I come across a scent I like, I'll prefer to get a wax melt (which can do double duty as a drawer-scenter and then a room scenter). I don't care for the foodie scents (maybe coconut or ginger would be an exception), and often not for the fruity ones either, and I'm not a fan of Clean Cotton, Baby Powder or Soft Blanket as they smell like washing powder to me (and I avoid heavily scented washing power and fabric conditioner). I'm not always keen on the florals, although tend to like them. But lead me to the fresh scents which are trying to mimic nature and I'm normally very happy.
They've had some other candle ranges on, some quite recently, which I'd like to try - but as I say, need to clear/burn some space...

My purchasing has gone up lately because YC have had some fantastic sets on Q this year! My beauty purchases have been fairly restrained though, and I try to buy stuff in the JLP and L'Occy sales so I only get products I really want rather than any fillers. Last year I came out of the YC AD early and did not fancy those (very badly rated) scent beads which replaced the excellent Artisan range. However this year I seem to have bought the AD and numerous extra sets! Given that I also buy matching tarts and tealights online, it is getting a bit expensive but hopefully there will nothing further until July. I could do with a reasonably priced skincare TSV now, perhaps Gatineau with serum and eye cream.....

Anyone else notice the presenters are saying 'If you have put an item in your basket and you don't want it please remove it from your basket to allow someone else can buy it'. I heard JR and CS really pushing this point yesterday.

I hadn't bought for ages but knew that this month would break my duck being jewellery month.

I bought the a tan accelator on offer (not even out of the box)!
A Bronzo Italia set of bangles
A Tasco bangle
A Honora necklace
An DQ ring
Any OTO which appeal - I never seem to be able to get the order to go through the webshite

I have a pair of sandals on advance order and may look at a pair of Skechers , this is the one area where I will use it and if not suitable will send it back. I would never normally do this with returns but I have such problems with my feet.

I thought I would go for a Tig bag but I managed to resist as I knew the styles weren't what I was looking for at this time.

Weirdly the less i watch Qvc the more i order :S Of late i rarely watch Qvc yet this year ive ordered more from Qvc than i have in a long time :S I guess , reviews on here and price comparing are more worthy than presenters and brand ambassadors spiel :mysmilie_3:

I haven't bought as much this year as in previous years, but I get less time to watch and I only really make sure to watch if I know its something I might be interested in; like Skechers, B&W, LG etc...

I do buy a piece of diamonique now and again though, as I have quite the collection building.

I neither watch, or buy, much. If there is a specific product I want to see, then I will try and tune in. Otherwise, I just can't be bothered with it. I still check on the website, to see what shows are coming up, and items aired. QVC used to be regular viewing for me; now it is rarely on. Is this apathy toward the Q widespread, perhaps? Or do you think shopping channels have had their day?

I hadn't watched (and therefore not bought) for months and months - probably before Christmas. However, I just happened to switch on the other day when it was a Lulu Guinness tsv (I had no idea) and bought said tsv. Since then I have switched on a few times, and succumbed to some L'Occitane skincare, a Cooks Essential pan and another LG bag :mysmilie_51:

So, I really must get back to my excellent, saintly ways :mysmilie_50: and not switch the tv on!! I had it on last night and was fancying the jewellery in the gold show - I barely wear jewellery! See, this is what it does to us...it sucks us in!! Cold turkey is the only thing that works for me :mysmilie_11:

We're having a mega sort out and I've found:

2 x boxes of sandals, never worn
1 x pair of Skechers, just received
3 x pairs of Birkenstocks, never worn
2 x boxes of Decleor, not opened
1 x Artscape top, never worn

Just panic bought 2 x Mally Face Defender...off to check all my EP's now...eeek!!!

Yes, yes, been buying a lot recently - getting told off as well so it must stop. I'm a real sucker for MB and Decleor and then there's a few plants that were on advance orders, the top that I thought I hated and then liked and also an Anna Griffin card kit that was sold out and then arrived on the doorstep. It is really nice so I'll have to hide it somewhere. The secret is not to put the TV onto QVC. If I can't see it then I don't buy it.

CC

Yes, yes, been buying a lot recently - getting told off as well so it must stop. I'm a real sucker for MB and Decleor and then there's a few plants that were on advance orders, the top that I thought I hated and then liked and also an Anna Griffin card kit that was sold out and then arrived on the doorstep. It is really nice so I'll have to hide it somewhere. The secret is not to put the TV onto QVC. If I can't see it then I don't buy it.

CC

So true! But it also means avoiding the forum where all the super-sleuths' tip-offs sometimes provide temptation. At least we also get sensible feedback to talk us out of some of those purchases...

I check the forum daily but not watched Q lately, it's much more interesting on here. I browse Q website with no urge to buy.
I know it may change but so far so good. When my brands come on I watch and so far this year I bought:
Alpha H TSV on AD
Laura Geller TSV
Ultrasun TSV on AD
3 items on Alpha H Anniversary with free P&P

So true! But it also means avoiding the forum where all the super-sleuths' tip-offs sometimes provide temptation. At least we also get sensible feedback to talk us out of some of those purchases...

I think the tip-offs give you chance to make a considered decision whether to buy or not rather than finding out what the TSV is when it's launched and falling for the hype.

I think the tip-offs give you chance to make a considered decision whether to buy or not rather than finding out what the TSV is when it's launched and falling for the hype.

A very good point! Yes, I do actually do some internet searching to see if an appealing TSV is actually good value... Something I was guilty of not doing in the past.

One of the really excellent things I find out about on here is the offers on other sites selling the same products, and alternative products offering better value :up::clapping:

My first thought was no, my spending hasn't gone up at all. Then I looked at my account.
Since Christmas, I have bought:-

Benefit MakeUp Kit (this was a gift, not for me)!

G-Tech AirRam - To be fair, this is probably the best thing I have ever bought from Q.

Yankee Set - I blame Autumn for this, I wouldn't have known about it if she hadn't pointed it out to me!

ABC TSV - Haven't received yet, bought on AO. Should be here this week though.

SBC 5pce Collection - Again, I blame Autumn. She got me started on SBC, so any subsequent purchases are getting blamed on her!

L'Occitane Hand cream duo. One Shea, one almond, with a Magic Key.

Liz Earle TSV on Saturday. Again, another bought on AO, so won't get till June I believe.

Definitely more than I first thought, but as I say, 2 of those are Autumns fault!

I'm ashamed to say that I tried to buy the Liz Earle TSV WHILE I WAS ON A WEEKEND AWAY (how sad am I?). However, the website wouldn't accept my card and OH hid his phone so I had to let that one pass me by. THEN, when I got home I found I had a full bodywash (unused), full body cream (one squeeze out of it), a full cleanse and polish (unused) and a full skin tonic (just about full). Also in the cupboard was an unopened tube of exfoliator and the mask thingy with one squeeze out of it. So I've saved myself £50 or so. Always check what you have before you buy and remember ladies - if it sells out, we know fine well there will be another one just like it right around the corner. Refuse to be panicked by the limited stock sign.

CC

I'm ashamed to say that I tried to buy the Liz Earle TSV WHILE I WAS ON A WEEKEND AWAY (how sad am I?). However, the website wouldn't accept my card and OH hid his phone so I had to let that one pass me by. THEN, when I got home I found I had a full bodywash (unused), full body cream (one squeeze out of it), a full cleanse and polish (unused) and a full skin tonic (just about full). Also in the cupboard was an unopened tube of exfoliator and the mask thingy with one squeeze out of it. So I've saved myself £50 or so. Always check what you have before you buy and remember ladies - if it sells out, we know fine well there will be another one just like it right around the corner. Refuse to be panicked by the limited stock sign.

CC

If only I had so little in stock! I think I've got 4 or 5 C&Ps and the same number of Instant Boost and Eyebright. I do get through it but I need to stop amassing so many products. Anyone know if there's a code stamped on the bottles anywhere which would tell me which is oldest so I can make sure I use that first? (There are numbers on Leighton Denny bottles which appear to be sequential, which helps.)

I am buying loads as well , but then since my subarachnoid haemorrhage , I've had my driving licence taken off me as Imnow need to wear 2 hearing aids , as the nerve damage post bleed had left me deaf and similarly the nerve damage has left me with only 4 % tunnel vision.
We live in a rural area with no public transport , so I have to get my shopping hit some how
Hx❤️❤️

Latest posts

Back