Qvc website.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
HI PEEPS, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS BEEN EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH THE WEBSITE?
BOTH THE OLD WEBSITE AND THE NEW LOOK WEBSITE ARE GIVING ME THE SAME PROBLEMS.
WHEN I BROWSE AS I OFTEN DO WITH QVC, AND I GET A PAGE UP WITH LET'S SAY FASHION, I LOOK AT THE FIRST PAGE, CLICK EITHER 'NEXT' OR '2' TO VIEW THE NEXT PAGE. THE PAGE THEN GOES DARK, BUT IT STAYS THERE, IT DOES NOT MOVE TO THE NEXT PAGE, I CLICK ON THE REFRESH BUTTON, WHICH TAKES ME BACK TO THE FIRST 'FASION' PAGE - THIS SCENARIO HAPPENS ACROSS THE BOARD, NO MATTER WHAT SECTION I WANT TO LOOK AT, AND IT'S BEEN HAPPENING FOR WEEKS.

I HAVE CONTACTED QVC VIA EMAIL, AS WELL AS TELEPHONE, AND THEY HAVE TOLD ME TO CLEAR MY CACHE, REMOVE QVC FROM MY BOOKMARKS, GET QVC PAGE AGAIN, AND THEN TRY. I AM SO ANGRY NOW, BECAUSE THAT TELLS ME THEY THINK THEY ARE TALKING TO SOMEONE WITH NO OR LITTLE COMPUTER EXPERIENCE, THIS LADY HAS BEEN USING A COMPUTER SINCE 1990, AND I AM VERY FAMILIAR WITH WHAT TO DO. I CLEAR OUT MY COOKIES, AND CACHE ONCE A WEEK, INDEED THIS WEEK I HAD CLEARED IT AS ONE OF MY REGULAR HABITS, BEFORE I OPENED THE QVC HOMEPAGE AN HOUR LATER - PROBLEM IS THE SAME, AND IS NOT GOING AWAY. SO ONCE AGAIN (i'M SICK OF IT NOW) I EMAILED 'CUSTOMER CARE' EXPLAINING THE PROBLEM YET AGAIN - ALWAYS A DIFFERENT CUSTOMER CARER WHO REPLIES - STOCK REPLY I'M AFRAID, WHICH DOESN'T GO DOWN WELL WITH ME, AND THIS WAS THE REPLY.

"Thank you for contacting QVC.

I understand you are having a problem viewing pages of items sometimes online, here are a few hints and tips for you to try that may resolve this for you.

• Clear your cookies (This can be done via your settings or tools menu)

• Ensure your Java Script is enabled you can find a guide for this online

Alternatively you may want to try using a different web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Once you have completed the above steps, the changes should take effect if you close and reopen your browser.

If we can help with anything else please get back in touch with the team."

i ONLY USE GOOGLE CHROME, AND HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF SHIFTING. THIS REPLY HAS ANGERED ME GREATLY.

ALL I WANT TO KNOW NOW, IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME EXPERIENCE, IF SO, PLEASE EMAIL THEM?

I SHOULD HAVE ADDED THAT I ONLY USE A DESKTOP COMPUTER, BUT IF I'M WORKING DOWNSTAIRS, I OCCASIONALLY USE A TABLET (WHICH i DON'T LIKE) AND THE PROBLEM IS THE SAME. THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY JUST THE SAME, HOPE TO HEAR FROM OTHERS.

I WILL ALSO ADD THAT IT ONLY HAPPENS ON QVC - AND I SHOP ONLINE ALL THE TIME, IT IS HAPPENING NOWHERE ELSE, EVEN SITES AND FORUMS THAT I'M ON EVERY DAY, SEVERAL TIMES A DAY.

Last edited:
I get exactly the same problem and agree there's definitely something wrong at their end. OK I haven't worked in IT for 20 years but Mr Akimbo is very experienced and the page turning issue you describe looks (in simple terms) as though the contents are reloading from scratch every time which is inefficient. I found that rather than staying in the same order so that clicking to page 2 returns the next set of items, what actually happens is that the order get re-jumbled and it's frustrating to click page 2 and see some of the same items again that were shown on page 1. Clearing one's cache etc doesn't resolve this. What does help is changing the order of the list from the default order; I tend to click "Price Low To High". The QVC search facility has never been good, but it got significantly worse after the last relaunch of the website. Just to frustrate the user even more these changing search page contents don't happen all the time which might be the reason their web team/tech support can't see the problem happening; but if they were any good they'd keep investigating until they did. Maybe the bulk of complaints aren't fed back to the techies just fielded by customer services replying with the stock answer.

I'm on an ipad2 and I cannot get to the 2nd or subsequent pages. This is what happened last time there was a major website refresh. Cuts down on my spending as I often browse by brand.

I am not keen on the new website, I went on to change my password and it took me a while to work out what I was doing. Maybe not a bad thing as I will not be rushing back there. It was the same when M&S changed their website it took me ages to master it, I don't like change...could be something to do with my age. LOL

I've had no problems either and, like donna, I'm usually on my laptop and using Firefox. The only thing I've noticed is that when changing pages the image fades as the page loads, but it then clicks back to normal. I've experienced this on other sites too.

The one thing that's doing my head in about the new website is the guide overlay - it's grinding my (admittedly ageing) laptop to a halt! I wonder how long before they are going to stop launching the guide overlay - anyway, I'm impatient for it to be gone!

Other than that, I like the layout and am having no problems finding everything I was used to using before. The one unfortunate thing is that the content hasn't been overhauled (not enough pictures of products, not always enough of the right kind of details, etc).

Does anyone know where to find the QVC Guide - upcoming and past shows with items for sale - which was always handy on the old site?

Does anyone know where to find the QVC Guide - upcoming and past shows with items for sale - which was always handy on the old site?

Hi Thatu, if you go to "shop by department" on the left, Clearance is at the bottom, the recent shows are under "shop QVC TV" on the right, hope that helps.

Something tells me that as well as being a pain in the posterior, the overlay to show you around the new site is useless. If it had been any good, it would be possible for everyone to find what they need to find after following their guidance. Yet another half-baked effort.

Shop QVC TV which is under the basket on the top right hand side has 3 options (currently) on it's drop-down menu. Recent on air items, watch QVC TV, and the final one (the one that allows you to see recent shows that have been on, as well as future shows for a number of days/weeks) TV guide.

Mr. Akimbo what you have mentioned, is the same thing that's happening to me, they really need to get this fixed or they will lose me as a customer, one of the things that irks me every time, is that I can't stand inefficiency, having come from a job where it didn't happen for safety reasons, I can't stand it elsewhere, more so since I retired. I don't have the inclination to sit around a website waiting for it to automatically fix itself, and I do most of my shopping via the website, as I do other sites.

I should mention here to the people who have responded that they like the new website, I was not talking about the new website or its layout, as the problems with the loading of pages was happening for several weeks before the new layout, and is still happening.

Mr. Akimbo, my replies to emails have always come to customer care, and not the techies. I am even thinking of writing to bosses at QVC HQ in London.

Mr. Akimbo what you have mentioned, is the same thing that's happening to me, they really need to get this fixed or they will lose me as a customer, one of the things that irks me every time, is that I can't stand inefficiency, having come from a job where it didn't happen for safety reasons, I can't stand it elsewhere, more so since I retired. I don't have the inclination to sit around a website waiting for it to automatically fix itself, and I do most of my shopping via the website, as I do other sites.

I should mention here to the people who have responded that they like the new website, I was not talking about the new website or its layout, as the problems with the loading of pages was happening for several weeks before the new layout, and is still happening.

Mr. Akimbo, my replies to emails have always come to customer care, and not the techies. I am even thinking of writing to bosses at QVC HQ in London.

I hadn't picked up fully on the problems you describe, ONNSA, but I can agree that is my experience too: if you make any changes from their default page loading settings, it goes dark and there's a long delay before the page reloads correctly, and every single time you go onto an item and then back, once again the page is completely reloading as if from the original default settings. I gave up using their wish list months and months ago because it just re-sets to the orignal page loading settings. I would say that overall my experience with this has been going on since the last website change. The website before the last 2 lots of improvements was old-fashioned, but actually had a better-optimised browsing experience! Oooh the irony!

You have to wonder who on earth is designing and supporting their website? They clearly are not investing in up-to-date skills for their team, as they are not improving anything. The new look website is really just a new "skin" over the existing content. They've missed an opportunity to genuinely improve the website experience for all their customers. It's an absolute clunker compared to just about every other website out there.

Last edited:
So is the only way to see the "current on air item" via the "watch QVC TV" page using the drop down menu (top right)? Previously it was visible to click on the regularly updated picture on the left hand side of the screen.

I know this is an older thread but are any of you still having problems with the "greyed out" screens which are unresponsive and the only way to get out of them is to click on the browser's Back arrow? Or, better still, did anyone find a fix? I have tried leaving the default sort order and changing it but I am still having the problem. It's the same on iPad and desktop. As someone who browses items a lot, I find this so frustrating.

I'm still having to click about 15 times on view recent items before it actually goes there, it just keeps reloading the "live" page.

And when I actually got there, I found that there were about 5 "lunch shows" from early morning right through to evening.

What is that all about?

I'm still having to click about 15 times on view recent items before it actually goes there, it just keeps reloading the "live" page.

And when I actually got there, I found that there were about 5 "lunch shows" from early morning right through to evening.

What is that all about?

Same here and it's worse on the iPad. The quickest way seems to be to go to TV guide (and on the iPad, I have to actually type "tv guide" in the search bar to get to that!) and then click on "See items" from a previous hour, then change the hour I want to view from the choices on the left-hand side. ****** ridiculously long and convoluted method!

Latest posts

Back