Qvc on Facebook

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I often take a look at Q's Facebook page to see what people are saying, however it appears that they've got rid of the "community" section where people could have their say (good or bad) to be fair it was usually bad, so I'm guessing it's a last ditch attempt to get rid of any negativity. Now of course, all the conversations are led by Q , but now instead of posting on the community page which was available via a drop down box at the top people are commenting on the main page so to me they've shot themselves in the foot. Eg; Come and buy this wonderful Elemis tsv, we love it, you'll love it etc - most of the comments underneath are like this - "your customer service is terrible" "where's my refund?" Still waiting for my Kelly Hoppen baubles". It's not just QVC who've done this I've noticed that Very have also done this and again their lead page is just full of gripes from disgruntled customers, the things that the company has posted are ignored. Weird decision by both companies imo!

I often take a look at Q's Facebook page to see what people are saying, however it appears that they've got rid of the "community" section where people could have their say (good or bad) to be fair it was usually bad, so I'm guessing it's a last ditch attempt to get rid of any negativity. Now of course, all the conversations are led by Q , but now instead of posting on the community page which was available via a drop down box at the top people are commenting on the main page so to me they've shot themselves in the foot. Eg; Come and buy this wonderful Elemis tsv, we love it, you'll love it etc - most of the comments underneath are like this - "your customer service is terrible" "where's my refund?" Still waiting for my Kelly Hoppen baubles". It's not just QVC who've done this I've noticed that Very have also done this and again their lead page is just full of gripes from disgruntled customers, the things that the company has posted are ignored. Weird decision by both companies imo!
Gripes, complaints, moans are not welcome. Accolades, praise, good reviews are loved. Business as usual at the Q, unless sales start to decrease, and then they'll get their ar*es in gear pronto.

Gripes, complaints, moans are not welcome. Accolades, praise, good reviews are loved. Business as usual at the Q, unless sales start to decrease, and then they'll get their ar*es in gear pronto.
Works both ways though, the community section had it share of happy purchases and tales of good customer service. Trouble is though when it's a gripe people are more likely to want to vent quickly and when there's seemingly nowhere to put it, they'll put it in the first blank box available to them. But you're right of course, unless those gripes translate into a drop in sales they'll do nothing more than make sympathetic noises!

They used to have a dreadful rating on Trustpilot, with the majority of customers giving them one star. Amazingly enough, they now have mainly 5 stars. I’m inclined to think that someone’s been tweaking the numbers.

TJC did the same with their Community Forum, also full of negative posts. They also had a very short lived live ‘Contact The Studio’ which was horrendous. It was a mixture of requests to show things that weren’t in the show, fan worship and some very strange comments. It was fascinating, and was unceremoniously pulled with no explanation after a few weeks. I think instead of using this as an opportunity to resolve issues, companies are afraid of negative views influencing future sales.

They used to have a dreadful rating on Trustpilot, with the majority of customers giving them one star. Amazingly enough, they now have mainly 5 stars. I’m inclined to think that someone’s been tweaking the numbers.

They must've been. Most of the complaints were about poor value for money, used goods, slow service and extortionate p&p, nothing's changed there so it's rather funny that they should suddenly go from about 80% bad to 80% good. If free postage on lipsticks for a day is the best they can come up with God help us!

I did join Twitter and Instagram long ago. No idea of sign details now.

Facebook, well a Burmese cat group worldwide members, my cousins in England and my SIL in Canada, a few perfume groups.

Why is it called The Naughty Step? It gives off negative vibes as if you should feel guilty if you're joining it. Odd choice of name.

Latest posts

Back