Jackets to fasten or not to fasten.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Just seen the Flinty on Denim &Co in her jacket, think she has a few this one in orange.I know if I have a jacket I might not or rarely wear it fastened but like it to LOOK as though it would fasten if the need arises.She would probably need 2 sizes up, the one at the moment has no chance.I have watched for about 7 minutes so off now that is my limit.

Just seen the Flinty on Denim &Co in her jacket, think she has a few this one in orange.I know if I have a jacket I might not or rarely wear it fastened but like it to LOOK as though it would fasten if the need arises.She would probably need 2 sizes up, the one at the moment has no chance.I have watched for about 7 minutes so off now that is my limit.
She said she has 14 of them!

I always button my jackets if I need to. Say it is windy or chilly. I have a friend who always bought jackets and even winter coats too small and said I never button them up.

I’m another one who’ll only fasten a jacket if necessary . I most certainly wouldn’t buy one that won’t do up, that’d mean it’s too small for me. I get holding on to an old jacket you can’t fasten anymore if it’ll do for a outing when the weather’s playing ball, but when you’re buying a new one, call me old fashioned but it needs to fit!

I do have and buy jackets that don’t do up on me. Depending on when in the year I intend wearing them, it’s not a big deal. Autumn to Winter, yes I want to be able to do it up…. Just the same as I buy cardigans that don’t do up because they have no buttons.

People who want the jacket to fit tightly around the back will find that the jacket will not do up in the front. That seems to be what a lot of women want with the famous Denim & Co jacket because of the corset-like darting on the back.

I am a size 20 sometimes an 18 at a big push. I am busty "G" cup bra. QVC Jackets would be 8/10 inches too small for me. And I have never bought a jacket that I cant close. None of the models or presenters it seems button up these jackets. They are boleros imo.

She has the padlocked zips purse container pockets version for visits to the pub.

If it's a coat/jacket that I'm going to wear September to April/May it has to do up. What's the point of wearing it otherwise? It gets cold here and try going to the East coast beaches in Autumn/Winter with that wind that cuts you in half wearing a silly denim jacket that hangs open. Certain death or at the very least hypothermia. Warm days in July/August though, I have a little short jean jacket that I wear open over dresses and it looks great.

CC

I am a size 20 sometimes an 18 at a big push. I am busty "G" cup bra. QVC Jackets would be 8/10 inches too small for me. And I have never bought a jacket that I cant close. None of the models or presenters it seems button up these jackets. They are boleros imo.
For me it is not the practical aspect of not wanting to fasten a jacket it is the aesthetic! If it has no chance of meeting in the middle the message is loud & clear ‘ this is far too small for me but I just don’t want to admit it!I have a friend who is a size 12, but wouldn’t a 14 look better because it is a better fit.Oh No it is not a12!

Its generally larger ladies that tend to wear jackets that won't do up. Too tight at the back, the upper arms and across the bust. Not doing themselves any favours as they just look 'bigger'.

I had a friend who tended to wear jackets and tops that were too small, and I said to her one day "didn't they have one in your size ? because you can't do it up " she said "I never do jackets up". So I left it there, but had she bought one that fitted then she wouldn't have looked so big. Some people just don't look in the mirror.

For me it is not the practical aspect of not wanting to fasten a jacket it is the aesthetic! If it has no chance of meeting in the middle the message is loud & clear ‘ this is far too small for me but I just don’t want to admit it!I have a friend who is a size 12, but wouldn’t a 14 look better because it is a better fit.Oh No it is not a12!
Hmm not called Julia is she???🤭

MW eyelet topper £99.00 for gawd’s sake, these are all made in China where do they get their prices. I dislike high low hems baggy trousers, frilly dresses, frilly fussy clothes. The only people who can wear anything with ties over the waist or tummy, can only do so if slim. I am 5ft and think everyone 5ft 7” and above can carry much smarter outfits. One of the things I marvel at is Melissa managing to keep a straight face when presenting. I can only assume she must be on a very salary.

I have been scavenging in ZARA for linen summer clothes in thier sale. Never ever looked in thier stores. Much less purchased anything. Bit of a revelation. They do up to a size 20/22. And I like thier style of clothes a bit quirky. Many moons ago there was a documentary about them watching the Haute Couture catwalk shows and cutting the clothes as they were watching. Within hours they were manufacturing the outfits. Oh and a pair of Black pure linen trouser three quarter length. Has an outside leg slit with a self tie tag a balloon shape. Very flattering. £15.99.

I have been scavenging in ZARA for linen summer clothes in thier sale. Never ever looked in thier stores. Much less purchased anything. Bit of a revelation. They do up to a size 20/22. And I like thier style of clothes a bit quirky. Many moons ago there was a documentary about them watching the Haute Couture catwalk shows and cutting the clothes as they were watching. Within hours they were manufacturing the outfits. Oh and a pair of Black pure linen trouser three quarter length. Has an outside leg slit with a self tie tag a balloon shape. Very flattering. £15.99.
Could you imagine if they were Marla Wynne? They'd be made from inferior fabric and would cost £105.99....and if you're lucky reduced to £89.99 and lest we forget the £6.95 p&p!

Latest posts

Back