Jill Franks leaving today?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just watched the end of the Sketchers - not sure if she meant the whole of 2022 or just the beginning of the New Year…

Yes I too heard but didn’t understand what she meant.
I know she has in the past presented New Years Eve / New Years Day.
She is down on the TV guide, but going off history of that, it doesn’t mean a thing.

I just played the video and I’m pretty sure she simply meant she wouldn’t be there for the year change at midnight. Signing off the show, she said bye to Evie and “I‘m not going to be with you tomorrow night so have a very happy new year, taking you into 2022.” Then to camera/us she says, “I’m actually not even going to be with you for 2022 because I’ve got a day off tomorrow but what I want to say is thank you so much for shopping with us in 2021 …”. She should have said she wouldn’t be with us to see in 2022.

I just played the video and I’m pretty sure she simply meant she wouldn’t be there for the year change at midnight. Signing off the show, she said bye to Evie and “I‘m not going to be with you tomorrow night so have a very happy new year, taking you into 2022.” Then to camera/us she says, “I’m actually not even going to be with you for 2022 because I’ve got a day off tomorrow but what I want to say is thank you so much for shopping with us in 2021 …”. She should have said she wouldn’t be with us to see in 2022.
Oh ok, thx

She probably meant she wouldn't see you until 2022 as she said she has today off. She is on TV guide for 11pm on 1st and shows on 2nd too.

These days I can tolerate all but one, but when that one thinks she is what it’s all about and not about the products, I have to give in.
Watching her the other day her presentation style was she just had to be having nearly every item.
Plus loads of the items revolved around being suitable in some way to her up and coming wedding in May.
Presenting like this I just don’t see a way Annaliese can change and improve her presentation of the products.

These days I can tolerate all but one, but when that one thinks she is what it’s all about and not about the products, I have to give in.
Watching her the other day her presentation style was she just had to be having nearly every item.
Plus loads of the items revolved around being suitable in some way to her up and coming wedding in May.
Presenting like this I just don’t see a way Annaliese can change and improve her presentation of the products.
I think for the younger presenters, they really aren't in Q's demographic. What's to get them enthused about the stock they are required to shift? I don't think a discount on stuff that has no appeal to you helps, tbh. A decent wage, of course. I think Annaliese is trying too hard to convey enthusiasm. She really needs to dial it down A LOT to be more credible.

I'm glad Jill Franks isn't leaving. Q do need the variety of presenters as, for some of us, hell will freeze over before we will watch or shop when our most-detested presenters are on.

I think for the younger presenters, they really aren't in Q's demographic. What's to get them enthused about the stock they are required to shift? I don't think a discount on stuff that has no appeal to you helps, tbh. A decent wage, of course. I think Annaliese is trying too hard to convey enthusiasm. She really needs to dial it down A LOT to be more credible.

I'm glad Jill Franks isn't leaving. Q do need the variety of presenters as, for some of us, hell will freeze over before we will watch or shop when our most-detested presenters are on.
I disagree sorry I think she needs to dial it up massively, by knowing fully about the items she is presenting. Massive enthusing about buying the items herself or doing sound bites and dancing bits does not tell you anything.
I know it’s been said many times about the preparation Charlie makes prior to his shows. Just like an old video that used to be played years ago about the presenters preparing beforehand for their hours and asking the questions the customer would want the answers to.
It was a real eye opener with Jackie this morning saying, with the 15% off code then cue her with a short silence to which she then replied laughing, timing was spot on there. Yes us presenters just wait for the figure to be said in our ears. Oh apparently Charlie Brook goodie two shoes, doesn’t he works out his item prices beforehand.

I like Jill and will watch her even when presenting something I’m not really interested in. I also like Katy P, and quite like Julia and Jilly. I’ve usually got QVC on in the background, so I can tolerate most of the presenters. The new ones I tend to watch for comedy entertainment! I’m afraid there is only one who I really can’t watch , or listen to, and that’s Miceal. I find it difficult to follow him, and when I make the effort to listen to what he is saying, he talks mostly rubbish anyway, just repeating what the guest/BA says. I do feel mean, because I know he has problems, and I’m sure he is a nice person, but that can’t make me like him. He is the only presenter who I actively switch off, even if he is presenting a show that I would want to watch.

I like Jill and will watch her even when presenting something I’m not really interested in. I also like Katy P, and quite like Julia and Jilly. I’ve usually got QVC on in the background, so I can tolerate most of the presenters. The new ones I tend to watch for comedy entertainment! I’m afraid there is only one who I really can’t watch , or listen to, and that’s Miceal. I find it difficult to follow him, and when I make the effort to listen to what he is saying, he talks mostly rubbish anyway, just repeating what the guest/BA says. I do feel mean, because I know he has problems, and I’m sure he is a nice person, but that can’t make me like him. He is the only presenter who I actively switch off, even if he is presenting a show that I would want to watch.
I agree with you Clothescloth. I like Jill and have Q on in the background...bit of company really👍🧡

I know what you mean about Pipa. She talks very quickly, says yeah yeah yeah to BA's but she isn't really listening to what they are saying, she just uses the repeated yeah's to link to her next spout of nonsense. She can be a bit shouty too. Not a massive fan of Jill. Nothing major, I just find her completely disingeuous, she either has t, wants it, or a girlfriend has it. I have not seen Ophelia yet, so wonder what I will make of her.

Latest posts

Back