Jim’s Gadget Show?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kit10

Registered Shopper
Obviously someone didn’t get the Memo. Didn’t Steve say he wanted to get back to what they did best- Gemstones? Not sure where earbuds and computer peripherals come into this? Happily WFH tomorrow to need to check it out!

Obviously someone didn’t get the Memo. Didn’t Steve say he wanted to get back to what they did best- Gemstones? Not sure where earbuds and computer peripherals come into this? Happily WFH tomorrow to need to check it out!
The problem is, I don't actually think they have much in stock in the form of gemstones at the moment - hence why we're seeing diamonds, strawberry quartz and jadeite continuously.

I suspect its down to their financial situation.

At least Jim is watchable and doesn't come across all hard sell either. I'd rather watch gadgets than more Visage, Destello, Slimshotz or Dave and Jake flogging plated junk and jadeite.

Gems have realised (maybe too late) that is very tricky to just sell gemstones in 2023. TJC realised this 4 years ago and diverted quickly to allsorts some worked some didn't

They are chasing the shadow now though and it makes more a mockery of when flying high Steves constant digs at other channels for not just selling high end jewellery

Very much a case of whose laughing now

Is there a link to watch these shows (like you can on QVC)? I had a look on the Gemporia site but couldn't find anything, not even ssfyrt earching for earbuds.

Jim is a great presenter - but I felt really sorry for him doing this show. It's clear that these are not 'his' products - for example, he was on discussing those animal fridge magnets - but they've been on-air on Lifestyle and Gems TV many times before without any involvement from Jim. They're just from the normal Lifestyle product range.

He's been great so far on Gem Collector. Calm with no hard sell. No BS. Just genuine. Probably one of the very few left in the company that isn't false.

Gemporia is rapidly turning into another Bid.tv.

Well they did have Peter Simon for a while after all - not only with the bags under his eyes, not only with his own tacky introduction, not only constantly acting camp, not only trying to be a pound shop Larry Grayson, not only talking about the sun gods of Rah every 5 minutes...................

Jim is a great presenter - but I felt really sorry for him doing this show. It's clear that these are not 'his' products - for example, he was on discussing those animal fridge magnets - but they've been on-air on Lifestyle and Gems TV many times before without any involvement from Jim. They're just from the normal Lifestyle product range.

He's been great so far on Gem Collector. Calm with no hard sell. No BS. Just genuine. Probably one of the very few left in the company that isn't false.

Well they did have Peter Simon for a while after all - not only with the bags under his eyes, not only with his own tacky introduction, not only constantly acting camp, not only trying to be a pound shop Larry Grayson, not only talking about the sun gods of Rah every 5 minutes...................
I remember seeing Dirty Pete on Gemporia. It was a massive shock - for him as much as it was for me. It was obvious that he was definitely out of his comfort zone, as he was half-heartedly trying to rein in the normal waffle, blather and outright crap he usually spouts on air, and wasn't happy about it.

That was when Gemporia was still a serious gems and jewellery company. He would absolutely fit in with the company as it stands today.

I never saw him on Gemporia, I did see him on Ideal World once with snot coming out of his nose and the guy on with him told him to blow it so he did and pulled the tissue away and omg it was horrific. I can't imagine why they would have him on air. I've seen people commenting on Adina with her hair twitching and fiddling, but nothing can compare to him! I'd rather watch 12 hours of Hattie shrieking than 2 minutes of him and his nose!

Latest posts

Back