JPE Fitover Sunglasses TSV 31/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've ordered these - my prescription keeps changing every couple of years and I can't afford to replace readers, distance specs and tinted ones each time.

They seem like the perfect solution for me and if they aren't then I'll return them. I know QVC and the 30 day mgb come in for a lot of stick on here but you wouldn't find any other retailer prepared to let you try these (or cosmetics or earrings) for a month for the price of a two-way postal trip.

Yes my hubby gets his varifocals in the BOGOF offer. I got varifocals this time but had reactolite lenses so only had the one pair. Can't get on with varifocals so going to have one pair of readers and one pair for watching TV. Can't get on with reactolite lenses, nowhere near dark enough.

I couldn't make up my mind between the blue or tortoise shell but Mr L thought the tortoise shell ones might look less chunky.

I think I'll try them with an older pair incase they scratch them as my lens are far too expensive to take a chance until I'm sure they are okay.

I wear lenses but do have specs for emergencies. Boots give 50% glasses if you have lenses through them so I bought new glasses and new prescription sunglasses last summer. I also have off the shelf sun readers. But my prescription never changes and I wear my specs so rarely that they last years and years.

I don't think I would ever consider these. I think they look clunky. Chloe was wearing them on the morning show over quite big glasses and it was obvious she was wearing two pairs. I certainly wouldn't buy them just to go over reading glasses. Sun readers are so cheap off the peg. Cheaper than these!

My black ones arrived yesterday.

Plus points: they fit well over my readers; the ledge at the top works well to keep the sun out; very dark lenses

Minus points: very cheap quality plastic; poor coverage at sides and underneath - so more of a "perch-over" than a "fit-over"; not sure I have enough room at the top of my ears for two pairs of spec sides.

I'm undecided but haven't had an opportunity to give them a proper trial and there is no sun here today!

I received mine this morning via RM. Not the TSV ,not my style but ordered cats eye shape .So far no sun to try them with .They seem comfortable but a bit of a tight fit around the ears with the two frames together.

Mine arrived this morning via snail mail. Hard to judge properly because my hair's up in a towel. The ear pieces are ok but I have a smallish nose and chutchy cheeks so when I try them once my hair's dry if they rest on my cheeks rather than on my nose I probably won't keep them. I kind of expected this might be a problem so I'll exercise my right to cancel if they don't work with my face.

Hurrah! Mine have just arrived. The postman came and they weren't here, I was miffed, but 10 minutes later he came back all apologetic with my package in hand.
Mine are the blue ones and I'm very pleased with them, they fit nicely over my regular specs and I find the earpieces quite slim, so no problem there.
I also bought myself a nicer cord for them, from ebay, as I don't like the one they supply.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221675230...49&var=520527323491&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Were they delivered by Hermes or RM Roseanne?

They arrived by RM, P-a-L.

.........as did the second pair that arrived today that I hadn't actually ordered! Most odd - even by QVC standards.

However, the first pair were clearly returns as the packaging was less battered on today's offering (intact box, no screwed up tissue etc, etc) so if I decide to keep one pair, I shall weigh them up carefully.

Two more minus points for me are the lack of sprung sides/arms that I thought would be useful for manoeuvring over another pair of specs and no visible screws so if the arm breaks there is no obvious way of replacing it.

Latest posts

Back