Judith Williams And The Furrier

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Seems Judith helped design a range with Alfredo Pauly one of the top furriers in Germany.

I know we complain about Brasso and it seems Judith is also in on the game.:mysmilie_10:

It was up on Facebook in the QVC page, someone mentioned how angry they were. Then another poster said who the furrier was. Another asked if her products were tested on animals because of this. The answer to that one was no.

Now I think if googling you may need to be able to read German to find it.

I found a link but it doesn't work and it is in German.

Further investigation she is working with him on a tv shopping channel range. So like Brasso no mention of him using real fur just the products they both designed together.

Someone(I don't like mentioning real names if they are not members here), on Facebook as said they have emailed Judith's company weeks ago asking about animal testing of ingredients and out sourcing of testing? They have never received a reply. I know usually they are pretty quick to say no we don't from companies.

Seems she has gone over to the dark side. I will use up my stuff (bought last years TSV) but not going to re-purchase. Whilst I am not as meticulous as others regarding animal testing (I use L'Occitane who sell in china for instance) I have always found the fur trade to be totally abhorrent.

Judith presents herself as the kind of lady who would aspire to the likes of Tova etc who hob nobs with Basso. It's money money money all the way.
If she thinks saying her products are not animal tested will broaden their appeal and increase sales then that is what she will do. So if a lot of money can be made by collaborating with this man then that is what she will do.

Never thought her decision not to animal test was motivated by ethics anyway.

I can picture the range now. Faux fur stoles, faux silk gloves, blouses and hosiery to go with her "luxe" perfume. Going for the Tova and Joanie look I imagine. Yuk.

It was up on Facebook in the QVC page, someone mentioned how angry they were. Then another poster said who the furrier was. Another asked if her products were tested on animals because of this. The answer to that one was no.

Now I think if googling you may need to be able to read German to find it.

I found a link but it doesn't work and it is in German.

Can't find anything on this, either via google, or fb.

um, call me naive but what does selling in china have to do with animal testing?

L'Occitane and several others had their Cruelty Free International accreditation withdrawn when they began selling in China, because the Chinese insist that all their products are animal tested before they can be sold there. L'Occitane's reaction to the screams from their customers was to form a small group of others who sell in China to try to persuade the Chinese not to animal test their products - clearly never occurred to them to withdraw from China, showing that their carefully crafted image of being good and clean and ethical means nothing when making more money is involved.

Urban Decay, on the other hand, responded to the screams of their customers by issuing a statement telling us that they had reconsidered their decision to sell in China and were withdrawing from the country as the views of their customers and their ethical stand against animal testing was more important than more profit.

Last edited:
um, call me naive but what does selling in china have to do with animal testing?

If a company wants to sell any cosmetics, skin care etc in China, the law states that it has to be tested on animals before it can be sold.
Urban Decay announced last year that they were going to start selling in China, but the backlash from customers made them reverse their decision.
L'Occitane didn't change their mind, so they lost their BUAV accreditation.

But, products can be made in China without testing on animals as long as they're not sold to consumers. (M & S for example, a lot of their skincare is made in China, but as they don't sell there, they still can say that their products are not tested on animals).

The whole animal testing thing sickens me to be honest. Why should any animal suffer because I fancy a new cleanser/shampoo etc? If you saw some of the footage that goes on in these testing labs it would make you sick to the stomach I'm sure.

Another asked if her products were tested on animals because of this. The answer to that one was no. . . . . .

Which means absolutely nothing as far as JW making any kind of ethical decision, because the law in Europe forbids testing of finished products.

Someone(I don't like mentioning real names if they are not members here), on Facebook as said they have emailed Judith's company weeks ago asking about animal testing of ingredients and out sourcing of testing? They have never received a reply. I know usually they are pretty quick to say no we don't from companies.

I and a number of my fellow campaigners have also emailed her several times asking:

1. Do any of your products contain any animal-derived ingredients?
2. Have any of the ingredients you use been tested on animals for you or for any other buyer/user?
3. If the answer to 2 is no, what systems/protocols do you have in place to ensure your suppliers are cruelty-free?
4. If your products are cruelty-free, why have you not applied for accreditation with Cruelty Free International?

As you say, cruelty free companies always reply really quickly giving full details of their ingredients and the supplier protocols they have in place. They're only too happy to give as much information as they can.

My friends and I have yet to receive a reply of any kind from JW.

I notice someone has posted on the JW facebook page asking if she has a collaboration with Alfredo Pauly ? I actually found a video of an Alfredo Pauly real fur fashion show, not good viewing and believe it or not it was on a forum much like this one but which promotes real fur. The mind boggles that such people exist .....

I notice someone has posted on the JW facebook page asking if she has a collaboration with Alfredo Pauly ? I actually found a video of an Alfredo Pauly real fur fashion show, not good viewing and believe it or not it was on a forum much like this one but which promotes real fur. The mind boggles that such people exist .....

Tragically they do. We can sound off until we are blue in the face about these practices abroad, BUT we are just as bad in the Country for animal cruelty. Every month in the press there are stories of dogs being left to starve so they attack people for food, or being bred to fight until death. Kittens and pups being dumped in rivers and the roadside, donkeys maltreated. The list is endless, and all by a.....holes who we live side by side with in this 'great' Country !!

Can't find anything on this, either via google, or fb.

It was well done the page yesterday so a lot of scrolling to fine, and the new Facebook set up makes it a nightmare to find stuff now. I did not want to copy and paste as the people discussing it are not members here and might not like it passed around outside Facebook.

If this is true I find it rather sad as I thought she was a genuinely "nice lady". I was tempted to give her TSV a try but in the end I decided that I am already overstocked with creams and potions!

Inge :)

It was well done the page yesterday so a lot of scrolling to fine, and the new Facebook set up makes it a nightmare to find stuff now. I did not want to copy and paste as the people discussing it are not members here and might not like it passed around outside Facebook.

Okay down not done and find not find!!! DOH!!!!!

Latest posts

Back