Katie Elliot

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

leslie61

Registered Shopper
Has Katie become the official/unofficial model for all things Gemporia/David Harry? She's there on David Harry Jewels website 'modelling' - guess what - yep Jade.

She was on the 'just missed' page of Gemporia yesterday (I think) wearing one of SB's tracksuit top things.

And, I've seen her today on an ad showing lots of malachite and malachite themed items from 'The House of Malachite' coming to a TV near you very soon.

Oh yes, heaven forbid
Too late, isn't it?
0_Sam-Smith.jpg

And, I've seen her today on an ad showing lots of malachite
Just seen the advert. A double. I doubt she was wearing any other makeup than Visage, so advertising both. Have to say she reminded me of an ancient Egyptian. No, I won't say Cleopatra. Well, I did, but not the Egyptian I was thinking of. ;)

Now they look plastic.... And horrible
Looks like she stole them from a nearby eagle. And if you visit her Instagram, talk about I love me. On TV she's sedate, and yes, I have bought from her show (for my mother, in case you think I 'hate' everything gemporia ;) )

I used to quite like Kati - she was quite level headed, witty and attractive.

Over the past couple of years, she seems to have got a bit more big headed and even more of a poser than Hattie - and, in my opinion, she's gone way overboard on the make up and it's made her look less attractive and made her look older too.

I used to like Katy but she’s become obsessed by her lips. There was nothing wrong with her own ones to start with. She’s on just now and she looks absolutely nothing like she looks in that ridiculous promo reel. Like two different people really.

I used to quite like Kati - she was quite level headed, witty and attractive.

Over the past couple of years, she seems to have got a bit more big headed and even more of a poser than Hattie - and, in my opinion, she's gone way overboard on the make up and it's made her look less attractive and made her look older too.
No argument here. But I do find it amusing that Kati has gone from Ellis knocking her back from presenting work because of her voice (and what about Lindsay Carr? She's hardly got the voice of Joanna Lumley, has she?) to being omnipresent on Gemporia in adverts for seemingly everything. Presumably because Visage is now the company's biggest and most consistent seller.

To be fair, I would probably be a bit big headed too if I was in her position.

Last edited:
No argument here. But I do find it amusing that Kati has gone from Ellis knocking her back from presenting work because of her voice (and what about Lindsay Carr? She's hardly got the voice of Joanna Lumley, has she?) to being omnipresent on Gemporia in adverts for seemingly everything. Presumably because Visage is now the company's biggest and most consistent seller.

To be fair, I would probably be a bit big headed too if I was in her position.

I'd rather listen to Kati Elliott than Lindsey Carr to be honest. They both have similar voices - but at least Kati Elliott doesn't keep repeating the same lines and she does have some personality and wit about her.

Lindsey Carr continuously makes ludicrous claims and price comparisons, fails to read even the most basic of on-screen information correctly, and she's generally really thick too.

As for Visage, I suspect you're right - which is probably why it's gone from being one once a day, to twice a day, to now three times a day. Unlike some of the Gemporia products these days, Visage seems to be priced well for, what seems to be a good quality product overall.

I'm surprised Kati hasn't left Gemporia and decided to 'go solo' with her make-up products. Visage seems to be a rising product on a channel that seems to be declining at alarming rate.

I'm surprised Kati hasn't left Gemporia and decided to 'go solo' with her make-up products. Visage seems to be a rising product on a channel that seems to be declining at alarming rate.
Perhaps that's her aim. Using Gems as a spring board. Like DT with his Jade :p But seriously, not using it just to sell, but make a customer base for when she does part company. Today, or 20 years from now, it will happen. And she seems to be doing a better job selling her wares than you know who and his.

Perhaps that's her aim. Using Gems as a spring board. Like DT with his Jade :p But seriously, not using it just to sell, but make a customer base for when she does part company. Today, or 20 years from now, it will happen. And she seems to be doing a better job selling her wares than you know who and his.

The difference between Kati Elliott and Dave Troth is that Kati knows her stuff when it comes to make-up. That was her industry before she got into jewellery. She has experience and knowledge.

DT, on the other hand, is an opportunist that bought some cheap Jadeshite in bulk - and used the platform of his employers to flog it at huge margins (whilst misleading in the process to help flog it quicker).

I'd trust Kati Elliott with her products. I wouldn't trust Troth to tell me the correct time. He's a smartly dressed, better looking version of Derek Trotter. How coincidental that they have the same initials. (and I can say that without the fear of being sued because I have more than enough evidence that some of the shite he sells is not what he says it is. He can say Serpentine is Jade all he likes. It isn't. He can say Quartzite is Jade all he likes. It isn't. He can say Maw-Sit-Sit is Jade all he likes. It isn't).

Those Chinese 'certificates' that he relies on to claim that his stones are certified are not worth the paper they're written on.

I'd rather listen to Kati Elliott than Lindsey Carr to be honest. They both have similar voices - but at least Kati Elliott doesn't keep repeating the same lines and she does have some personality and wit about her.

Lindsey Carr continuously makes ludicrous claims and price comparisons, fails to read even the most basic of on-screen information correctly, and she's generally really thick too.

As for Visage, I suspect you're right - which is probably why it's gone from being one once a day, to twice a day, to now three times a day. Unlike some of the Gemporia products these days, Visage seems to be priced well for, what seems to be a good quality product overall.

It's obvious that Kati is behind Visage, and can tell you the ins and outs of the range as often and as in depth as needed. Compare that to Hattie's vague descriptions on her past Destello fashions and accessories, or many of the presenters discussing jewellery.

It will be interesting to see where Kati goes from here. I can't see her voluntarily staying with Gemporia long term if she doesn't have to. Though whether she can take Visage with her if she does leave is another story.

It must be at least partly owned by Gemporia, as it doesn't have Kati's name anywhere on its packaging. At least at the moment she has the safety net of it being Gemporia's cash she's using to develop and expand her range.

It's obvious that Kati is behind Visage, and can tell you the ins and outs of the range as often and as in depth as needed. Compare that to Hattie's vague descriptions on her past Destello fashions and accessories, or many of the presenters discussing jewellery.

It will be interesting to see where Kati goes from here. I can't see her voluntarily staying with Gemporia long term if she doesn't have to. Though whether she can take Visage with her if she does leave is another story.

It must be at least partly owned by Gemporia, as it doesn't have Kati's name anywhere on its packaging. At least at the moment she has the safety net of it being Gemporia's cash she's using to develop and expand her range.

I'm amazed that they've not been sued for using the 'Visage' name anyway to be honest, because there is another make-up brand out there, that is more established, that is also called 'Visage'.

I suspect that the set-up within Gemporia is that Kati identifies suppliers and manufacturers of her products, and is the brains behind the brand - but Gemporia have the money and buying clout to order the products - so Gemporia probably 'fund' Visage and Kati probably gets a nice cut of the profits.

Visage is a passion of Kati's - you can just tell.

Hattie, on the other hand, I think just saw a money making opportunity. She made out she 'designed' her products - but I've seen a few people claim that her items were made by another brand and re-badged and sold as Destello. I've seen a couple of stories (im sure one was on this forum) where they'd forgotten to put the 'Destello' label inside, and it instead had the label of the original brand. Hattie would not be seen dead in some of the hideous 'clothes' that she sold.

Kimbie is another that Gemporia claim is 'designed' by a woman called Caroline - however, some of the Kimbie products clearly come from the same supplier that Jainey Bennett used for Gem Auras. Some other products are readily available on Temu. Gemporia have simply bought them in from China and re-sold them on. Even the LinkedIn profile of Caroline states that her career history is as a sourcer of products - not a designer.

Anyone can 'source' products. Not everyone can design. Gemporia need to stop the 'designed in house' BS when products have clearly been sourced in from elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back