Kim & Co TSV 14/06/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember my Mum had a Turquoise crimplene dress and matching duster coat. She loved it. I thought it was dreadful. Then I can remember wearing a green lurex dress with matching crocheted hat going with my friend to see the Glitterband……….

I don’t know her name, tall dark attractive girl who wears a knotted head scarf. Instead of dressing her in clothes that are naturally modest (high neck, sleeves etc.) she is sent out looking ridiculous in flimsy summer dresses with leggings and polo jumpers, which I doubt anyone would wear in real life.

Kim & Co Short Sleeve Crinkle Poplin Tiered Dress
QVC Price £60.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.96
P&P £3.95

Regular

Petite

Greet the summer sun in relaxed style with this gorgeous Crinkle Poplin dress from Kim & Co. This chic, short-sleeved dress features an easy-to-wear tiered design that will suit any body type and is made with a delightfully lightweight fabric that will help you to float through the summer months in comfort and style.
Lightweight and versatile - add confidence and comfort to your summer fashion with a floaty-light piece that can be easily layered over different styles and dressed up or down to suit a range of occasions.
Find the colour for you - with a range of colour options to choose from including both classic shades like Black, Navy and Olive, as well as on-trend summery pops of colour like Fiesta Red, Orchid and Ocean Blue, you're sure to find the right colour to supplement your summer selection beautifully.
  • 100% polyester
  • Machine wash cold

Colour options:
  • Black
  • Fiesta Red
  • Navy
  • Ocean Blue
  • Olive
  • Orchid

Yes you're right...I'm very naive and still hold out hope for better things!
I wonder what Poppin means?
I was hoping it was a typo and the dress is really made of poplin, but that'd be too much to ask for a summer garment!
Yes Poplin .....but yep - like someone correctly guessed - 100% POLYESTER poplin.
Urggghh just what you want for a summer/beach dress 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

When will I learn???

For £60 full price (wow!) Kim has to be joking, though this tsv is at least £20 cheaper and is a relief from the garish florals. Generally I don't mind florals but hers just don't do it for me. This tsv, unflattering to even the models though it is, seems to be selling, so what do I know? Jenny, the brand ambassador who looks good in all the Kim stuff she puts on, probably helps shift a lot of stock, though this dress just doesn't do Jill Franks any favours at all.

Last edited:
Dislike the TSV offering. Just seen a clip with Jill Franks wearing the pink, of course🙄. Looked awful, slightly better on Jilly last night. I actually did like the jacket, waistcoat and cullotte/ cropped trousers combo but at around £177 no chance. No lining dry flat and iron on wrong side, too much faff. Daughter recently bought a fully lined cream waistcoat from M and S for a little over £30. Washes great, no ironing needed.

How much do you think this offering will be? £39.96?
Well done Slinky you were spot on - I thought it would be a bit more than that. It is flying and though the dress isn't awful I'm wondering whether people are just grabbing it because their initial thoughts are wow! I'm getting a Kim dress for under £40 (forgetting the postage of course). I quite liked the look of the dress until I saw the actual length. In the still photos it looked like a "midaxi" length but seeing it on the models it's knee length and I think it gives an overall unbalanced look especially when modelled with chunky high sandals or worn with a hideous belt - It's got more of a kid's party frock vibe than an easy throw on summer dress that one would effortlessly chuck on with flip flops and a straw beach bag. It's definitely not the worst TSV I've ever seen but what I liked about it initially has gone!

I don't know her name but she is the model who wears a head scarf knotted at the front of her head.

I think the model is called Ramla. She has a lovely face and figure but she'd surely be better modelling some of the items like Finery dresses that have sleeves and are longer length rather than putting her out in a short, sleeveless dresses with a jumper underneath. That just looks ridiculous and does the model or the outfit no favours at all.

Was that Jenny Blackhurst doing the TSV? Looks like she's lost a ton of weight as well. I'm not watching QVC anymore, it makes me feel fat 🐘

CC

If Jenny Blackhurst says that this dress is inclusive one more time🤬! No it’s not. It doesn’t include me. I think the size 3xl is equivalent to a size 22. If she means inclusive to include all genders (AY speak) well I don’t think that’d work either.

I bought a dress of a similar fabric in my size for £25.

Well done Slinky you were spot on - I thought it would be a bit more than that. It is flying and though the dress isn't awful I'm wondering whether people are just grabbing it because their initial thoughts are wow! I'm getting a Kim dress for under £40 (forgetting the postage of course). I quite liked the look of the dress until I saw the actual length. In the still photos it looked like a "midaxi" length but seeing it on the models it's knee length and I think it gives an overall unbalanced look especially when modelled with chunky high sandals or worn with a hideous belt - It's got more of a kid's party frock vibe than an easy throw on summer dress that one would effortlessly chuck on with flip flops and a straw beach bag. It's definitely not the worst TSV I've ever seen but what I liked about it initially has gone!
Totally agree with all of that. Jenny Blackhurst looks good in it - but she's wearing the petite and she's 5'6 or 7. I'm 5 3 and the hem would hit just on that "widest part of calf" area on me

For £60 full price (wow!) Kim has to be joking, though this tsv is at least £20 cheaper and is a relief from the garish florals. Generally I don't mind florals but hers just don't do it for me. This tsv, unflattering to even the models though it is, seems to be selling, so what do I know? Jenny, the brand ambassador who looks good in all the Kim stuff she puts on, probably helps shift a lot of stock, though this dress just doesn't do Jill Franks any favours at all.
Nothing could ever do her any favours - she’s so full of herself it’s a wonder she doesn’t explode! But seriously to me this dress looks like something they’d sell on a market stall in the 1970’s ( the early part). It looks so cheap and flimsy I can’t believe anyone would pat £20 let alone £60 but I’m obviously out of step judging by what the were saying about how fast they were selling last night. What do I know - clearly nothing !

Latest posts

Back