Kim & Co TSV 28/05/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've yet to see poor Claire in anything that suits her height or figure. The stoilists shove her out with sleeves that come below her hands, tops 'sit' on her ample backside, and her sturdy legs are exaggerated when she's put in too tight trousers.

Poor Claire looks like she's in widescreen in that get up. An acrylic shirt that's straining at the buttons and an acrylic pair of trousers - just the thing for a larger lady to wear in the summer time! Yeah, and don't worry if we haven't got your size...size up, or size down, you'll only pay £10.99 plus p&p (so that's £15.94) to get it home and if it's no good you can send it back under the 60 day mbg - well that's not strictly right because if you don't send them back within a week or two then they'll take another £10.99 from you, and then you'll probably pay another fiver to return them - so not great really! I wish they'd stop telling people to order the wrong size for the sake of it, it would be fair enough if your postage was refunded and returns were free, but they're not - far from it. I don't care how many blinking instalments you can have, it's still £47 for a pair of acrylic trousers that should be less than £15!

I heard Eilidh say here is Claire she’s 5 foot 4” she is a size 18 but is wearing the 20 today which is the 2xl in Kim’s clothing
Lovely girl but that size whatever it said on the label was too small and her chesticles looked like they wanted to make a run for it.

Still good job as it confirms that if you are not the lovely “I could wear a bin bag and rock it” Ali then save your money as you will look awful in it at twice the price of the same tat on DHS - at least if you are going to look bad be it at a reasonable price.

Claire does an admirable job of wearing Q's one-size-doesn't-fit-all clothes with style and panache, but it shows that if you're a certain shape and you buy their clothes, you need to either size up and take up, or preferably style your wardrobe round your shape, rather than the other way round. But good on QVC for at least attempting to show how different figures look in their clothes. The trouble is when they're trying to maximise profits, standardisation is the name of the game so one size doesn't always fit all.

Q sell clothes in larger sizes because they know they've got a lot of customers who will be larger ladies, and some will be very large indeed. To demonstrate how the clothes look on a larger lady they send out Claire.
Claire is a larger lady, not huge and she's very pretty, so why oh why can't Q make her look even half decent? If they can't even dress someone like her, what ****** hope does anyone else of size have? I'm sick of saying and hearing "Poor Claire". I suppose awful clothes are gonna look awful on anyone. That shirt blatantly was too tight around the bust, and maybe the size up swamped her - who knows, but I'd imagine that a larger lady would rather look well covered as opposed to bursting out at the seams!

My one pet hate is buttons that gape and I don't understand why designers don't seem to take this into account and allow a couple more inches so I don't look like I'm straining at the leash. Are they saving that much? We don't all want to expose every curve in our bodies, thank you very much.

Lovely girl but that size whatever it said on the label was too small and her chesticles looked like they wanted to make a run for it.

Still good job as it confirms that if you are not the lovely “I could wear a bin bag and rock it” Ali then save your money as you will look awful in it at twice the price of the same tat on DHS - at least if you are going to look bad be it at a reasonable price.
That last comment is spot on!!!! If you're gonna look $hit why pay through the nose to do so? I just don't get it. I understand people watching Q for inspiration, but surely once you see the ridiculous price tags, surely you'd have a look elsewhere online to find something comparable for at least half the price and buy that instead- It wouldn't be that difficult surely! There's gonna be people who don't do "online" and put in phone orders but, I think most people will have a bit of internet savvy in this day and age. Obviously these friends presenters are doing a really good job, add a little smattering of laziness and Q get the sale!

I was just wondering what sort of quantity QVC shift with these TSVs.As M&S are loosing hand over fist on their clothing they still have items that are far superior to anything I see on QVC.Also I use click& collect so can try items I am not sure about & multiple sizes for no more cost than getting a few miles to the local food outlet.To pay £3.95 to try that bog standard offering from Kim & Co. today, I just don’t get it.

Kim's lost the plot; all her stuff is the same & looks tired. Over the years I've bought several tops & dresses from her range, one dress was so lovely I wore it to a wedding & I always chose one of the tunics when going on a plane because they were warm & comfortable when sitting down for hours & could be swapped for a cooler top & squeezed into my bag if it was hot when we arrived - remember those days? ✈️🏖️🍦🍹😎

K&co was one of the better ranges on QVC, her prints were tasteful on the whole and the styles even if they were not always to your taste were wearable and attractive.Then I am sure she must have changed her print company, the colours were garish and of another era but not in a good way.The mark up on the things they produce must be huge.

I've bought a fair few bits from Kim over the years, and I agree I've not seen anything I've really fallen in love with for a long while - but the biggest changes I've noticed and that's across all the ranges is how the prices have skyrocketed. Also that any new brand that's introduced to the stable have similarly ridiculous prices. Gok, Ruth, MW (The worst offender imo), Dannii minogue all charging way way way over the odds for the stuff they're offering. I love how when they're selling something that's ridiculously expensive eg, one of MW's horse blankets, they'll call it an "investment piece" or a "considered purchase", but when they're selling something that's simply overpriced, they'll happily announce how expensive it looks - Like we won't notice that it actually is expensive for what it is! If I'm spending £30-£40 on a garment I'd expect more than a blooming T-shirt!

Latest posts

Back