Kimbie cashmere wrap

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Imogene9500

Registered Shopper
I haven't posted for a long time or watched Gems, as every time I dip in it is a Dave monologue... I don't like Kimbie as a brand name but I have just received the pink cashmere wrap and it is beautiful. It is a good weight and really well made, plus good packaging if it a gift. £129 so a considered purchase but lovely quality and in my view a great buy.

I'm with you Brighthunter, the name is dreadful. It sounds like it's the latest craze for little girls doll this Christmas and it's plastered over everything.

I have bought both of the 4 wick candles and I'm impressed with the size and weight of them for the price. They smell quite nice but what they smell like when the burn is another matter but, again, the word 'Kimbie' plastered over the front of them. I suppose, if you just turn the name to the back they'll look okay.

I've just tuned in as Ellis is bringing more cashmere wrap colours and I loved the pink ...but really those Angel ornaments on now ... scary! and I'm very uncomfortable with preying on viewers losses with tacky ceramics.

I've just tuned in as Ellis is bringing more cashmere wrap colours and I loved the pink ...but really those Angel ornaments on now ... scary! and I'm very uncomfortable with preying on viewers losses with tacky ceramics.
and using ailments / disabilities as a way of trying to rake in money.

Lynn Jinks' claims last week that a certain stone would help fertility problems was disgusting - particularly coming from her after all the fertility problems she experienced herself.

Its disgraceful.

I'm watching Ellis with the cashmere wraps and I'm sure the long, metallic one is identical to a Gem Auras one shown previously, but instead of having the Gem Auras tag sewn on, you get a 'free' pearl pin. It just feels off that they have blown out Jainey but are still selling all 'her' stuff

I’m pretty sure that whether items were sold under the Gem Auras name or Kimbie, it’s all made in the same place and labelled as required. I’m so disillusioned with Gemporia. But my bank balance is much happier, as I stopped buying in June!

I’m pretty sure that whether items were sold under the Gem Auras name or Kimbie, it’s all made in the same place and labelled as required. I’m so disillusioned with Gemporia. But my bank balance is much happier, as I stopped buying in June!
I agree the 2 'brands' seem to produce remarkably similar products ... and who is the mysterious Caroline ..? I may have missed it but does she have a surname / really exist? 😏I've only ever heard presenters refer to her as Caroline ... plus Kimbie is the silliest name and says absolutely nothing about what the brand is suposed to represent and how the products relate to it ... I can only imagine what Alan Sugar would have to say about that on the Apprentice 😂

Last edited:
I agree the 2 'brands' seem to produce remarkably similar products ... and who is the mysterious Caroline ..? I may have missed it but does she have a surname / really exist? 😏I've only ever heard presenters refer to her as Caroline ... plus Kimbie is the silliest name and says absolutely nothing about what the brand is suposed to represent and how the products relate to it ... I can only imagine what Alan Sugar would have to say about that on the Apprentice 😂
Definitely from the same factory. The packaging, etc and the candles are identical.

As for branding, Gemporia really need a marketing expert on board because that is one if their VERY weak spots. Products names like 'Noggin' and 'Drink Me Gorgeous' are not only poor, they're just excruciatingly cringeworthy.

Could you imagine Tej Lalvani of Vitabiotics (ex Dragons Den Dragon too) selling any of his products with a name as s**t as 'Noggin'?

Just seen the Kimbie promo on Gemporia, no surname for Caroline .. I still think she may just be Dave's imaginary friend 😁 Apparently Kimbie has been 'ten years in the making' ... really?? to me just Gem Auras and Destello mix. I'm happy to give positive feedback if I'm happy with a purchase, hence post on cashmere wrap .... but some transparency please !!!!

And I am tired of listening to the almost word for word push all presenters are using to sell the robin snow globe ... yes there are lots of people who see robins in the garden as a sign that lost loved ones are near, which is lovely if it gives comfort. They are beautiful creatures. But to exploit this to sell a tacky ornament is just plain wrong surely. Same applies to the various angel ornaments that come out routinely pre- Christmas.

Last edited:
And I am tired of listening to the almost word for word push all presenters are using to sell the robin snow globe ... yes there are lots of people who see robins in the garden as a sign that lost loved ones are near, which is lovely if it gives comfort. They are beautiful creatures. But to exploit this to sell a tacky ornament is just plain wrong surely. Same applies to the various angel ornaments that come out routinely pre- Christmas.
And no-one ever mentions that robins are vicious little things as well. I feed the birds at work and they all rub along with each other well enough when they're waiting for me in the morning but the robins are absolutely psychotic. They'll attack any other birds even after they've already eaten. Very territorial.

Latest posts

Back