Kuhn Rikon Set of 2 Multi Purpose Shears TSV 11/08/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a pair of these and got my parents a pair too and they are great quality and really easy to use. They also lock well so they're safe to store etc. I only paid £4 a pair (NOT on QVC obviously!) but they are worth a good lot more than that (perhaps not QVC prices mind you!)

When I was buying mine last year, I searched for them online and QVC already had them as a duo. I just looked now and they still do - they're currently at a last clicks price. So I'm not sure what's different or good about this 'new' TSV?!
Wish they'd do some new Kuhn Rikon products not more repeats. The last tsv was the pull chopper which was pretty much identical to one they'd done before!

http://www.qvcuk.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Set....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-6-_-803186

Last edited:
Kuhn Rikon Set of 2 Multi Purpose Shears with Locking Mechanism
Item Number: 804167
QVC Price £21.50
Today's Special Value Price £16.96
P&P £3.95

This set of multi-purpose household shears includes one large pair and the new XL pair; both feature a spring-loaded design for easy cutting, self-sharpening blades, a locking mechanism for your safety and ergonomic handles that work just as well for right and left-handed people. Tackle everything from the toughest cutting jobs in the kitchen to the simplest of snips in the garden with this handy set from Kuhn Rikon.

The sharp choice - built to cut easily through everything from packaging to poultry, the shears feature self-sharpening blades that are strengthened every time they rub together when used, with a serrated lower blade to make cutting even easier and a safety lock to keep you and the blades, safe.

Handy and versatile - use for cutting through cardboard, carpet and wire around the house, pruning in the garden, and slicing meat, herbs and frozen foods with ease in the kitchen. They're also useful to have to hand when crafting and on birthdays and holidays to quickly free up new toys and gadgets from their hard-to-open plastic packaging.

Colours available:

Black
Red
Green
Purple
Turquoise
Orange

What's in the box?

1 x large multi-purpose shears
1 x XL multi-purpose shears - only currently available at QVC

Dimensions:

XL shears (l x w): 25.4cm x 6.4cm (10" x 2.5")
L shears (l x w): 20cm x 5.5cm (7.8" x 2.1")

Behind the brand
Kuhn Rikon is a Swiss company that has manufactured fine quality cookware products, handy kitchen gadgets and utensils for everyday use for more than 75 years. With an enviable reputation for uncompromising quality, the brand is recognised throughout the world for its durability, style and superb craftsmanship.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804167

I bought these years ago when they were in a set of three, black, red and green, they're great for cutting paper, string and the likes but doesnt any cheap pair of kitchen scissors? Dont try and cut a carrot with the TSVs though, although they pitched at the time you could, you couldn't they buckled and snapped.

I'm a big fan of this brand, their non stick pans and can openers are fantastic! Not carried away with today's TSV though, it's not something I think I need.

I've got a pair of these for the kitchen and they do a great job of cutting stubborn things open, even though they haven't had a whole lot of use. OH has just ordered a pair for his lawn. Yes, folks, you heard it right - his lawn. Its edges deserve a loving manicure and these scissors will be perfect for the job.

I've just received their can opener, been on waitlist for ages.

Only used it once so far, worked like a dream, but similar openers I've had in the past only lasted about 6 months, so I hope this one will last longer.

QVC had the best price, even with PP, as it was on some kind of offer, it is dearer now.

After watching the TSV presentation, I changed my mind and ordered it - the spring action is what swayed me, with arthritic hands, this seems a very useful feature.
And stratobuddy, we've been using our KR can opener for yonks and it's still as good as the day it was bought.

I've seen similar scissors in Lidl from time to time, but didn't buy any.

The trouble with Lidl and Aldi is that you never know if or when you will ever see things like that again.

BTW I have a Lidl very close to me so visit a few times a week, but they are going more and more up-market, they advertise regularly on TV now, and prices have definitely risen.

They used to be "pile high and sell cheap", with often only one checkout in operation, while the other checkout operators were stacking shelves or washing the floor (even the manager does this). This was fine to put up with when things were cheap, not so if the prices rise.

I was shopping there for some frozen food the other day, found there was a long queue at the only open checkout, so I gave it all to an assistant who was nearby stacking shelves and asked him to put it back into the freezer, and I went home without buying anything.

I find the things Aldi sell are top quality and last me longer than than the things I've bought from QVC who try to pass off things as quality, the only difference between the two was the price. I don't shop at Lidl but absolutely love Aldis. I've tried their beauty ranges on and off too and they're superb.

Totally agree about aldi, shopperholic. I like them - and their prices.

Strato, you'll love the can opener. I've had one for years now, ever since QVC first sold them and it's still as good as new.

i think its a case of each to their own as each person sees things in a different way

The things I bought from Aldis were better, it wasn't how I seen it, it's how it was. For one example, the mini oven dishes QVC sold last year, they sold at Aldis too. The QVC ones cracked with minimal use and my Aldi ones are still going strong. So there's no different way to see it, the QVC ones were very poor quality, even QVC devotees would've had to admit it.

The things I bought from Aldis were better, it wasn't how I seen it, it's how it was. For one example, the mini oven dishes QVC sold last year, they sold at Aldis too. The QVC ones cracked with minimal use and my Aldi ones are still going strong. So there's no different way to see it, the QVC ones were very poor quality, even QVC devotees would've had to admit it.

for me my local one & my local lidl is way too far out for me to get to & the things ive had from there have either broke or snapped a few too many times for me to keep going back & forth returning them so this is what i mean whats good for one is different for others

I've never had to return any of my aldi purchases and we've bought loads of different stuff from them. QVC, yes, I have.

Latest posts

Back