Lazy English

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LuckyLady

Registered Shopper
I know that I can turn over or mute the sound but it drives me up the wall when Glen Campbell is on QVC and he refers to things as being "easy" instead of saying relaxed or comfortable. I know what he means but it's bad English.

And doesn't the man know that the repeated use of "kind of" is not only lazy but also VERY irritating.

I think he does it because he thinks its' a bit trendy and shows that he's young and "hip" but really it just comes across as lazy English and he sounds really stupid. It's a shame as I like the fashion and shoe shows even if I'm not buying (which is most of the time!) but I usually end up turning off or over when he's on because of how he speaks.

I don't really need the mute button when Glen is on LuckyLady, as I think my brain filters out his nonsensical, repetitive waffling naturally! lol

As for trendy, young & hip, anybody that wears silly shoes with no socks shouldn't be listened to anyway as it is naff on a hitherto unprecedented scale of naffness & pretty much my entire view of Glen as 'fashion expert' is summed up in my siggie! :20:

I think he does it because he thinks its' a bit trendy and shows that he's young and "hip" but really it just comes across as lazy English and he sounds really stupid. It's a shame as I like the fashion and shoe shows even if I'm not buying (which is most of the time!) but I usually end up turning off or over when he's on because of how he speaks.
Glen young and hip, he wishes!:32: As for intelligence, I reckon Glen and Catherine take it in turns to share the same brain cell!:30: I wonder what would happen if they both co-presented the same hour.:eek::eek::eek:

I always get kind of annoyed when Glen's kind of presenting fashion for a woman of age because he kind of uses repetitive, meaningless phrases kind of most of the time. I kind of feel like slapping him across the face and I'm not usually a violent person.

I tell you who else does it, too - the guest Beverly Cressman, who "brings us" the gift bags, garden planters etc. I think it's a habit they develop when they really don't know what to say about a particular product.

I am amazed he never changed his name.
whenever i hear the name Glen Campbell it always conjures up pics of the original country singer one, and he was ageing way back in the seventies when I was little!

glencampbell.jpg

I am amazed he never changed his name.
whenever i hear the name Glen Campbell it always conjures up pics of the original country singer one, and he was ageing way back in the seventies when I was little!
I was thinking that myself, as there's only one Rhinestone Cowboy.:32::4:

Just had to reply to this thread because earlier today our friend Glen (the fashion expert LOL) surpassed himself by stating.........

"These peeptoe (shoes) are really opening it up for me " ????

Utter nonsense (to add to all the other utter nonsense he spouts)

If he had his own shop, worked on GMTV, did makeover shows etc etc etc...... that he continually bangs on about, why is he on QVC ??? Surely with that CV he would have made a success at something,- or were his other ventures more dressed down than dressed up, particularly with a "little white T shirt " ??

I think you have to just take him as a comedy turn as it is a hoot as are quite a few of the presenters !!!! I just giggle when he is on but he s not as bad as Kim from Kim and Co now thats funny !!!

My favourite gibberish comment was uttered by Simon Biagi on a craft hour. He was selling some sort of alphabet product, and said something along the lines of "and there are also plenty of I's, which are always popular.." LOL

I agree, you just have to take what he says with a pinch of salt. If everything is great, easy, on trend, wearable, it means absolutely nothing.

I don't mind him though, just because he likes a bit of a laugh, so he can't be all bad.

Watching Kim is harder because she just seems completely crazy. Crazy in a nice way, just completely crazy.

I do beleive people are being too hard on Glen. I think Glen is great. A charming man, I like it when he is on.

My favourite gibberish comment was uttered by Simon Biagi on a craft hour. He was selling some sort of alphabet product, and said something along the lines of "and there are also plenty of I's, which are always popular.." LOL

LOL - you could start a new thread with that one - What's your favourite letter of the alphabet?

I like Simon but I sometimes think his mind's elsewhere when he's presenting. :)

I do beleive people are being too hard on Glen. I think Glen is great. A charming man, I like it when he is on.

Yes, he's all happy and smiling but if he says "woman of age" again I might not be responsible for my actions, it's so patronising, he's no spring chicken himself, after all. :(

I like Simon but I sometimes think his mind's elsewhere when he's presenting. :)

I agree! Sometimes he does so many "mmmmmmm-hmmmmm"'s and "ahhhhhh"'s that you can just tell he's thinking about Scotland's preformance in the 1978 world cup or something equally unrelated! :1:

Latest posts

Back