• OPI

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Nails Inc

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Red Carpet

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wonder what she said if anyone said varnish which is what it's called by everyone i know.

nina isn't 'just a hand model' though is she - she's been the guest in his absence. and she does look like debbie mcgee.

he seems to think he invented glass files.

She would always interrupt them, rather rudely IMHO, and say "Lacquer, not polish".

Of the three, Nails Inc features the most in my collection - I like how they try new things. I am the most impressed with the formula and brush of OPI polishes, though I've heard that the cremes can be streaky at times so I don't tend to buy without seeing a review online first. I've not tried any Leighton Denny yet because they're not adventurous enough with colour for me!

Today I saw an article about mothers/daughters in a mag and one of the pairing was Lena White and the smiley daughter (forget her name). Good grief! Lena doesnt look anything like I remember but, apparently, she has had an accident which damaged her skull, a stroke and a brush with cancer!!!!!!!! She looks very well for all the traumas she has had. Also, another pairing was Liz Earle and her daughter - nuff said.

Welcome to the madhouse Drifter McFluff (love the name) look forward to reading your posts!

Jude xx

Oh Jeez! flicked thru about an hour ago, saw Ms. Greenwood asking the chef if people could use/were allowed ketchup with the burgers on sale, (he looked a tad bemused:confused:). The she said that when her kids ask for ketchup with their roast she "swipes 'em round the head", car crash tv lol!
Now she's on with Leighton, asked if greys, graiges were still in fashion to which he replied, something like yeh they are, but so are the bright bolds & the darks so anything you want really. (Another one of them great top tips me thinks):wink:
He's demonstrating the abstract collection, she's wittering on over him about what great value it is, (err not really, just a couple of quid cheaper than full price with the the p&p) & referred to the sparce glitter particles as "thingys that you can move about" when it's wet, no st*t Sherlock?! :mysmilie_483:

She's just said "is that just one coat on there" err yes luv, we've just seen him put it on a bare nail lol!

Last edited:
Not impressed then Nikki lol?
I've seen better DJ must be said lol! I really don't want to sound mean but how difficult can it be? Talking about nail polish on QVC?
She's back on twitter messages, for once I have to say that's probably the safest option in this case:nod:

virtual bouquets

VirtualBouquets to Tinkerbelle for her suggestion on an easlier thread about Boots HairSkinNails supplements (3for2). Taking them for 18 days (counted the capsules left, lol) and problem pinkie whose nail was down to the quick, now has quarter-inch white tip and I have filed it down once! Also, ta to the FM who recommended NailEat/Drink from NailCareForum. Using it the for 10 days and LookingGood! When I check out NailArt sites, they use OPI, Essie, Zoya, SpaRitual etc. but have yet to see LeightonDenny's polishes featured. His presentations with Nina are slick and professional whereas Qs inhouse models' attempts with NailInc look amateur. imo

When I check out NailArt sites, they use OPI, Essie, Zoya, SpaRitual etc. but have yet to see LeightonDenny's polishes featured. His presentations with Nina are slick and professional whereas Qs inhouse models' attempts with NailInc look amateur. imo

I have go agree with you Snarly, LD does the most professional presentations.

Flying (MissMarple) Pigs - bubblebathed and bon-bonned! CaroleHochmanned in TearoseNightshirt (last click/gorgous). Now Law&Order then sleepies. Nite-nite y'all. ZZZzzz

What I want to know is; how on earth does a bloke get involved with 'inventing' colours for nail varnish in the first place for gawds sake ??? Did he have a lightbulb moment 8 years ago (number of years on qvc) and raided his mum's bathroom cabinet and thought he could do better - but then, the promos say he's been in the beauty industry for 20 years, but what as ? a painter and decorator ?

I'd love to know what his passport says as a profession; nail technician ? nail varnish manufacturer? nail varnish colour inventor ? nail painter to the celebs? the mind boggles.

I looked him up once. Apparently he went to the USA on hols just as nails were becoming a big thing there, saw the potential for the UK, trained as a nail technician, worked in salons and then on the big cruise liners, and then set up LD Expert Nails. Full marks for iniative eh?

Latest posts

Back