Liz Earle - assuming a winning spot?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i, personally, was never under the misconception that LE are 100% natural or angelic (not sure why i would expect that) and it is not diffucult to do your homework on the products. i also do not expect to be force-fed every single detail about products. i have the brain to do it myself, not to mention i would find it annoying and patronising. if i need to look into smth, i will.
as for the fairley/stacey palaver, it is bl**dy obvious it is not impartial.

i am not jumping at LE's defence; i wouldn't do it for free.

I remember years ago watching a beauty hour, when a caller rang in saying they had little pearly lumps on their skin and Alison said it was the product they were using...LE's skin repair!

Please someone else remember this so I dont think Im going batty.

QUOTE=Magsy;237976]I remember years ago watching a beauty hour, when a caller rang in saying they had little pearly lumps on their skin and Alison said it was the product they were using...LE's skin repair!

Please someone else remember this so I dont think Im going batty.[/QUOTE]

:hi: yes I remember that she just waffled over it I seem to think!!

have you tried the a'kin shower gels? some of them have essential oils in them but they also do an unscented one - i use the fragranced ones and can suffer from eczema in the winter, haven't had any problems. the bottles are 225mls and last for ages as you only need a tiny amount. also, Jason's do a great shower gels - lots of different fragrances - think it's £7 for a litre bottle (health shop).

Hi Cupcake:hi:

I have to agree. I'm using the Tea Tree Satin Shower Body Wash at the moment. Smells lovely and I don't feel the need to put on a body lotion after. Big bonus is that it is paraben free, SLS free, Mineral oil free, lanolin and petrolatum free. And no animal testing or by-products. What more could a girl want?:happy:

Hi Cupcake:hi:

I have to agree. I'm using the Tea Tree Satin Shower Body Wash at the moment. Smells lovely and I don't feel the need to put on a body lotion after. Big bonus is that it is paraben free, SLS free, Mineral oil free, lanolin and petrolatum free. And no animal testing or by-products. What more could a girl want?:happy:

Vegan certification? Oh yes, A'kin have that too. Lovely range and I think the unscented products are great, no clashing with whatever perfume I might decide to wear.

The Green Beauty Bible does have a daisy rating, to indicate how 'natural' a product is, so readers can see that LE products are more natural than a lot of cosmetics (1 daisy - indicate a reasonably high level of natural ingredients), but I don't think many of her products get the top rating (2 dasies - means that the products contain no synthetic ingredients, which means no parabens or other synthetic preservatives. Three daisies gets a tiny bit more complicated: it means that the products are independently organically certified, acknowledging their true sustainability. However, under organic guidelines, one or two well-tolerated, carefully-screened preservatives are permitted, such as sodium benzoate and phenoxyethanol - this was taken from the BB website)

Yep understand that. What I'm talking about is in their descriptions of the products/some brands they say oh such and such uses talc etc, which we aren't keen on and they aren't as green as they make out (even though said companies weren't saying they were 100% pure) ... but scoot over the fact that it's in LE's body lotion!! If you are gonna say that for one company, you need to say it for all of them listed. As Donna said, it's chums sticking together!

Last edited:
It sure is it took YEARS before they stated that SBC products contained alcohol ..............:drink:

And very little else, which is why Mrs James buys them, she finds they are rather nice imbibed with a battenburg or ten for breakfast...

But eveytime ole Liz has appeared on QVC its all about the aloe vera and other natural ingredients she sources herself. Its the same in magazines the products appear in. I was always waiting for League Against Cruelity to Aloe Vera Plants to stone her windows for cutting that poor plant for years on QVC.

I am glad there are others like me when it comes to LE products.

I really was starting to think there was something wrong with me. I loath every one i have ever tried over the years, apart from daily eye repair which i use every day. The body products leave my skin dry and parched, the face products do nothing, especially cleanse and polish which just sinks into my skin and disappears!

I guess it horses for courses but it aint for me!

But eveytime ole Liz has appeared on QVC its all about the aloe vera and other natural ingredients she sources herself. Its the same in magazines the products appear in. I was always waiting for League Against Cruelity to Aloe Vera Plants to stone her windows for cutting that poor plant for years on QVC.

I remember once the aloe plant got fed up with being chopped, and jumped off the table in protest!!!

LOL Pootle!

Over the years I've tried various Liz Earle products and none have suited me. I know lots here find they work for them and that's great. I know how happy I feel when I find something which suits my skin and works for me. It's also nice to know that I'm not the only one who Liz Earle products don't suit.

I remember once the aloe plant got fed up with being chopped, and jumped off the table in protest!!!

Oh please don't tell me things like that - now that I'm old I'm so sensitive to suffering I can't watch my favourite nature progs any more :17:

Any road up - got my LE C&P from (((FairyNuff))) today, and with a free muslin cloth :tongue2:

Coincidentally it was a mineral makeup day, so I ignored my quarter bottle of Beate Johnen (which is perfectly OK but might not take off layers and layers of slap without a fight) and got busy with the C&P.

Verdict - did not sting my eyes (which the fairly new SBC cleanser/toner did, very badly), pleasant to use, not a lot of smell (I expected it to be mentholly) but needed more work to get the non-waterproof mascara off.

I'd been rooting around and I came across an old LE muslin cloth - looked like I'd used it for spot-cleaning with boot polish, but I washed and washed it and used it today (because I know they need washing, I remember when I got this one it was like fine sandpaper on my face). The point is (I get carried away :sad: ), my face didn't feel at all sore and I've got very thin skin (in more ways than one).

Let's see if it breaks me out - or wot.

clemenzina

Fiona from Decleor is going to be there on Friday night too so I expect that a representative from the companies that have been nominated will be there and not that LE assumes that she is going to win

I assumed many winning spots after using Cleanse & Polish.. so wanted to love this stuff as so nice to use. I am the only one who doesn't get on with this multi-award winner?

I can't use it either, using it as a hand wash now. bought a cheapie for delicate skin from Boots, and it is fine. I do love the superkskin though, that really works for me.

Latest posts

Back