L'Occitane moisturiser reaction (Just for info)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

clemenzina

Registered Shopper
Just in case anyone else has experience this, or has sensitive skin and is thinking of trying the Olive Radiance... Paula Begoun's newsletter contains this "Dear Paula":

I'm 28 years old, and I have a huge problem that I hope you can answer. I used a facial cream sample from L'Occitane. The product's name is Olive Radiance Moisturizing Cream. After using this cream, I got an intense irritation and rash all over my face and under my eye area. Prior to using this sample cream, I had excellent, smooth skin. And now, weeks later, this rash is still there.

The full letter and answer is on this page (scroll down past the tooth whitening but I bet that will stop you in your tracks for a while ;) ):

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/BULLETI...tyBulletin&emc=el&m=326884&l=9&v=fcae55c8a8#1

You know how Paula hates fragrances and essential oils in moisturisers :52:

clemenzina

The full letter and answer is on this page (scroll down past the tooth whitening but I bet that will stop you in your tracks for a while ;) ):

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/BULLETI...tyBulletin&emc=el&m=326884&l=9&v=fcae55c8a8#1

clemenzina

A bit of thread-drift here but I couldn't resist reading the tooth whitening article which reminded me of an Inspector I used to work with years ago (not a police one) who had the whitest teeth because he rinsed with Hydrogen Peroxide liquid. It made his beard go ginger beneath his bottom lip but his gnashers were lovely. Anyway, I've been doing it this past week and it's a lot cheaper than all those kits. Just make sure you dilute it (5 to 1) and don't swallow any. The strength is 20 vol.

A bit of thread-drift here but I couldn't resist reading the tooth whitening article which reminded me of an Inspector I used to work with years ago (not a police one) who had the whitest teeth because he rinsed with Hydrogen Peroxide liquid. It made his beard go ginger beneath his bottom lip but his gnashers were lovely. Anyway, I've been doing it this past week and it's a lot cheaper than all those kits. Just make sure you dilute it (5 to 1) and don't swallow any. The strength is 20 vol.

Drifting further...my (late) father-in-law used to soak his dentures in bleach every night. Did it for years. The dentist almost passed out when FIL told him!

I have not tried L'Occitane face products. I'll avoid them I think. I did have the worst reaction ever to an Elemis mask. I needed anti histamines. My face and neck truly looked like I had been badly burned. My eyes and lips were also very swollen which I foound scary. It was 2 weeks before I was back to normal - and this was right over Christmas and New Year!

I did use the Lavender gel/cream in a tube - quite nice but not anti-aging enough ;)

I keep buying tooth-whitening stuff and not finishing the course, but I haven't since I gave up tobacco and took up e-cigs, Paula's article has put a new spending idea into my head :D

clemenzina

I also wouldn't think of trying L'Occitane facial moisturiser. Infact the girl in the shop total me not to as I said I had roseaca. This was the Imortal stuff.

My mum soaked her false teeth in bleach overnight too. She did dilute with water.

My mum used ajax to whiten her teeth many moons ago and and she's well into her seventies now and has a fine set of gnashers.

My mum used ajax to whiten her teeth many moons ago and and she's well into her seventies now and has a fine set of gnashers.

please tell me they were out of her mouth at the time......:34:
that said we used to use that on dogs that had come in for a dental clean......a few chips away of the tartar build up & a dab of vim & polished up a treat & customers used to pick up rover & say my my how lovely you look.......familar smell though :54:

please tell me they were out of her mouth at the time......:34:
that said we used to use that on dogs that had come in for a dental clean......a few chips away of the tartar build up & a dab of vim & polished up a treat & customers used to pick up rover & say my my how lovely you look.......familar smell though :54:

They were in her mouth she just didn't swallow.:1: And a good rince after too!

Latest posts

Back