Lock & Lock TSV 12/4/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does lock and lock stain with curry/beans etc?

I love my pyrex dishes for bulk cooking/freezing storge etc but son has nicked loads for uni and the lids go after a while so may try the lock and lock, what do you think?

It does stain if you microwave with beans or anything tomato-ey in it, and also if you put in the dishwasher without rinsing away any remains of those things. HTH.

The pyrex dishes are great as they stack into each other to store and can also go in the oven but I don't even know where I can buy anymore of them. The first lot I got at Woolworths and the last lot I got at Tesco when they had a customer loyalty offer. Not sure if they make them anymore.

The pyrex dishes are great as they stack into each other to store and can also go in the oven but I don't even know where I can buy anymore of them. The first lot I got at Woolworths and the last lot I got at Tesco when they had a customer loyalty offer. Not sure if they make them anymore.

I bought this set of 3 from Asda. They didn`t have them in store so I ordered online and collected them from my local store.
http://direct.asda.com/george/georg...e/001460334,default,pd.html?cgid=D26M08G08C01

They said at 4pm that they had sold 17,000 sets.

That's £340,000 plus £84,150 PP (for those that had to pay it).

So getting on for £1/2 million so far.

Looks like all colours are still available, so they'll be peddling them on every remotely relevant hour until Kingdom Come.

I posted on twitter about this and this is the response from QVC, sent very quickly I may add.

" just to let you know that this is an introductory offer for customers that are new to QVC, our existing customers are highly valuable to us and we hope they will continue to look out for other great offers. Hope this helps. Joe"

they didn't even respond to me haha

I suppose that if you criticise on Twitter they can't take down and potentially the whole world can see it so they need to get their feeble excuses out as quick as the can.

I did tweet them, and had quite a few likes so people have seen my comment, but Q have chosen to ignore it...

Their loss folks keep your money in your pocket, get my similar ones from Aldi when on offer and no p&p and you can pick what size YOU want no little piddly boxes to bulk up the number of items to flog.

I would rather buy the sizes I want rather than a load of shapes and sizes which are of no use to me.

20 boxes is a lot to try and store. Ok I suppose if you are starting up and don't have any but most people have a jumble of bit and pieces .

Just been reading the Q page.

A loyal customer asked if her cat could order a set, as he likes boxes (with pic of cat in a box) and would the cat get free PP. Q's answer - - - NO!

Also, many are pointing out that on the TV there is no mention of the free PP for new customers. As it is from the TV that they are likely to get new customers, how are these new customers supposed to find out?

It seems Q are trying to hide the free PP offer from everyone as it has caused so many complaints.

Colour me surprised! QVC have botched this thing from cradle to grave. The instances of ineptitude across all their business activities just keeps stacking up. At some point the big-wigs in Pennsylvania are going to notice and send in the big guns from head office.

What genius thought that the best way to attract new customers was to alienate existing customers.

Now here's a thought... why on earth didn't they ask existing customers to publicise this TSV and the free p&p offer... and then extend it to any existing customer who introduced a new customer? That would have been a good way to get anyone keen to get the set to find others who wanted to buy it, surely? Of course they would have to have the systems and skills to actually record the information and as we've all seen QVC and systems are not a good match in the UK... it's the major flaw in my alternative plan!

If you google pyrex dishes with lids there are a few hits that come up. Pyrex UK, Argos, John Lewis, Amazon. Worth a try to see if what you'd like to get can be bought.

If you're just after replacement lids... Pyrex UK don't seem to do them (but they do on the US site - don't know if they ship to UK).

Their loss folks keep your money in your pocket, get my similar ones from Aldi when on offer and no p&p and you can pick what size YOU want no little piddly boxes to bulk up the number of items to flog.
The Aldi ones aren't as good. I bought some about a month ago and they are difficult to close compared to the L&L ones which are great. I then bought some from Thefactoryshop. They are better but still not as good as the L&L ones.

Lock and lock is great but it is expensive. I thought the tsv was great value but had too many small sizes for me - I tend to need industrial sized! I would have preferred 2 options - lots of smaller ones or a few large ones. Maybe next time

I looked at the lock and lock beakers and the reviews were pretty poor with comments about tabs snapping and the quality of lock and lock having dropped from previous years.

So as I was undecided I didn't buy. I don't need any more junk in the house. I will watch for reviews of this tsv and maybe will buy in the future.

I would rather buy the sizes I want rather than a load of shapes and sizes which are of no use to me.

20 boxes is a lot to try and store. Ok I suppose if you are starting up and don't have any but most people have a jumble of bit and pieces .

Yeah I agree, I only really keep 2 different sizes of these sorts of containers, very small or very large ones aren't of much use. And where do you store 20 of them indeed!

This morning I sorted out my L&L from TSVs gone by, and found I still have plenty.
I chucked out a few orphaned, tatty and broken pieces, and I've still got more than enough. So I'm glad about the P&P debacle; it saved me buying a load more that I don't need!

I got an answer to my query about lock&lock this evening......:mysmilie_845:

Thank you for contacting QVC.

This is an introductory offer for customers that are new to QVC, our existing customers are highly valuable to us and we hope you will continue to look out for other great offers

If we can help with anything else please get back in touch with the team.

Best wishes

Customer Care team

Latest posts

Back