Lock & Lock TSV 3/06/20

grovesy

VIP Shopper
I have had to trow quite a few out recently that have become discoloured mainly through son microwaving food in them.

curry or anything with a tomato sauce is a real killer so I tend to keep the same ones for this and take the cleaner looking ones for work lunch.

Radiomike

VIP Shopper
I like Lock & Lock and have bought a few sets over the years, but the last few TSVs have all been very samey - a couple of larger containers, a few medium sized ones and a load of tiddlers. In fairness I have found the smaller ones more useful than I thought I would, but I certainly don’t need any more.

it would be nice to see some of the different styles, sizes and colours offered to QVC US customers: https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=Lockandlock

I’d prefer to just buy sizes and shapes I need rather than complete sets. Great if you are just starting out. Anyway Mr L would go bananas if any more fell out of the cupboard.

candycane

I’d prefer to just buy sizes and shapes I need rather than complete sets. Great if you are just starting out. Anyway Mr L would go bananas if any more fell out of the cupboard.
Ah yes, when Mr CC opens the kitchen cupboard and an avalanche of L&L fall out, none of which the bottoms match the tops (like socks in the washing machine). "What the FH do we need all these BS plastic bits of S for?":oops::oops::oops: No more lock and lock then :ROFLMAO:

CC

grovesy

VIP Shopper
I have a couple of the ones made from recycled materials and the tops and bottoms are totally different colours.

stratobuddy

VIP Shopper
I've just found a LnL in the door of the fridge. It contained pastry mix from July 2008, 12 years old.

IT SMELT ok, SO I RANG oh TO FIND OUT HOW TO COOK A CRUMBLE, AS I HATE TO WASTE FOOD. (SORRY CAPS LOCK!!)

I kept looking at it every 5 minutes after 15 minutes, but it was still doughy in the cantre (cooked at 200 deg).

Eventually after about 35 minutes, it seemed cooked, but actually tasted burnt. I ate it with 1/2 tin condensed milk which I've had about 10 years, wondering what to do with it (now I am wondering what to do with the other half).

Anyway, it wasn't very nice, but as I said before, I hate to waste food. But the LnL had kept it safe.

candycane

Strato, I'm assuming this was the dry mix and not made up pastry (which should have been a ball of mould if it was lol) o_Oo_Oo_O

CC

stratobuddy

VIP Shopper
Strato, I'm assuming this was the dry mix and not made up pastry (which should have been a ball of mould if it was lol) o_Oo_Oo_O

CC

I looked it up in my 2008 diary, it was 500g flour and 250g Cookeen, thoroughly mixed into a dry crumble then kept in fridge door, where I hadn't spotted it.

The reason it was in my diary was that it was my first attempt at pastry, having found my long-lost Kenwood Chef.

Gosh can you still get cookeen?

My MiL was a woeful cook (to my taste anyway) but she made the most fabulous chips with WhiteCap lard and always put a couple of rashers of bacon in when she was frying them in the chip pan which seemed to give them something extra.

When courting I only went 1 night per week for my tea which was chips and sausage night. After we married and had to endure Sunday lunches and a Christmas dinner I longed for those sausage and chips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
10properties10years

Members online

AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks