Lock & Lock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Radiomike

Registered Shopper
Is Lock & Lock disappearing again? At the moment there are only three sets on the website - one is on Waitlist, one is a Last Clicks price, and the third was a One Time Only on last night's kitchen show.

I buy my Lock & Lock in John Lewis and get the sizes and quantity that I need rather than buying a large set.

I thought I saw lock and lock on ideal world - is it Malcolm, the guy that demo'd it? Maybe QVC dumped it.

CC

If you remember lock and use to be on all the time on QV with the guy who had a machine behind him which illustrated how many times you could lock and unlock the containers , He said you could use these containers thousand thousand of times.I bought a number of sets from QVC and some of the closing clips have broken off which make the container the un-useable, so may be they have had a number of complaints so they don't sell them as often. I complained but they put me onto a Chinese company and I never got the replacements.

If you remember lock and use to be on all the time on QV with the guy who had a machine behind him which illustrated how many times you could lock and unlock the containers , He said you could use these containers thousand thousand of times.I bought a number of sets from QVC and some of the closing clips have broken off which make the container the un-useable, so may be they have had a number of complaints so they don't sell them as often. I complained but they put me onto a Chinese company and I never got the replacements.

That's worrying. I love Lock and Lock and have dozens of them, just got the 6 beaker set before it went to waitlist. I use them all the time for travelling as they keep my makeup from running and ruining things in my case. Used one to freeze a coffee and had cold coffee all the way on a long train ride from the Himalayas to Delhi.
But some of the little ones have one or more clip broken, i thought it was just a fluke. If they do break, we really need to get QVC for misleading advertising, a theme I began last week. I watched Jilly Jones in the tumblers demo and she made a big point of saying they were tested X million times "and that means you can open and close them every day for 800 (I forget the exact number, but it was over 800) years. THAT WILL BE A LIE, THEN, if they break and the Chinese company does not stand by their product. It would make me very, very angry as I hate being lied to.

I've posted this link before but it's still good for a laugh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc6_bzcAr-Y

That was funny! Thanks for the link.

If anyone has broken hinges on their Lock and Locks, the exact figures to quote, as I have just found the video put out recently for the beakers,
Lock and Lock have a machine which tests the hinges 3 million times, "That's the equivalent of you at home opening and closing your containers 10 times a day daily for 821 years".
If any more of my hinges break (and I must say the ones on the new beakers look paper thin), I shall be straight on to QVC and threaten to report them to the Advertising Standards Authorty.

Once the lids have broken they are no use. I have thrown my broken ones in the bin. The large containers seem to be okay just the smaller ones that have broken.

None of my lock and locks have broken and are still very good, I use them most days too. I actually thought the kits were good value but now days there seems to be so many others versions of the same out there for far less.

Latest posts

Back