Luxury Jewellery 25/12/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn’t think they were broadcasting on Christmas Day? Don’t think I will be tuning in but you never know if it is luxury jewellery!

I didn’t think they were broadcasting on Christmas Day? Don’t think I will be tuning in but you never know if it is luxury jewellery!

They show pre-recorded shows, have done for a few years now.

QVC did a 9ct gold ring TSV on Christmas Day in the late 90s with the New Year in Roman Numerals. The previous year had been a tough one for both of us so we bought 2 of them confident that the next year would be so much better, and it was. Mr A never took his off and I wear mine regularly; it isn't thin or completely hollowed out and they were less that £50 each.

I wonder whether this offering will offer similar "value"!?!

For many years Q always shut down on Christmas Eve and started up again on Boxing Day. Times started to get hard, so now its Floggit throughout the holiday. Its just me and the dog over the festivities which is bad enough, but I'd have to be suicidal before I watched a shopping channel over Christmas !!!

1.30ct AAA Tanzanite & 0.25ct Diamond 3 Stone Ring 18ct Gold
Item Number: 340524
QVC Price £1,400.00
Todays Special Value Price £749.88
P&P £5.95

or 3 Easy Pays of £249.96

This exquisite ring, set in your choice of white or yellow 18 carat gold, features a central oval-cut AAA tanzanite stone accented by two sparkling round-cut white diamonds. A timeless design, it's the perfect way to express your everlasting love and affection for someone special, and equally the ideal piece with which to treat yourself.

A true treasure - AAA tanzanite has a rich and intense hue, and every ring will come with its own AnchorCert report from Birmingham Assay Office that guarantees this intensity of colour. Beautifully boxed - this stunning design will arrive to you in a gorgeous presentation box, so it’s ready for you to share with the lucky recipient.

Oval-cut AAA tanzanite: 1 x (8mm x 6mm)
Round-cut white diamonds: 2 x (3.2mm)
Diamond clarity: SI2
Diamond colour: H/I
18 carat yellow or white gold
Individually certified by the AnchorCert Gem Lab
Comes with a certificate, providing tanzanite specifications
Total gemstone weight: tanzanite: 1.30 carats; diamond: 0.25 carat

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.340524

QVC did a 9ct gold ring TSV on Christmas Day in the late 90s with the New Year in Roman Numerals. The previous year had been a tough one for both of us so we bought 2 of them confident that the next year would be so much better, and it was. Mr A never took his off and I wear mine regularly; it isn't thin or completely hollowed out and they were less that £50 each.

I wonder whether this offering will offer similar "value"!?!

Oh, I remember those rings. I always wanted them to do one in white gold, but they never did.

I wonder whether this offering will offer similar "value"! PMSL at this.

For many years Q always shut down on Christmas Eve and started up again on Boxing Day. Times started to get hard, so now its Floggit throughout the holiday. Its just me and the dog over the festivities which is bad enough, but I'd have to be suicidal before I watched a shopping channel over Christmas !!!

It's just me and the cat, but I am content and do my own thing. Go out Xmas morning and visit round friends then come home make what I want to eat no Brussels, drink vintage Cava(just as good as very good quality champagne but cheaper) and watch TV.

Though I totally agree about watching QVC on Xmas Day more fun cleaning the cat's litter tray.:mysmilie_17:

If I had 800 quid to spare on Christmas Day then QVC would be the last place I`d spend it. Come Boxing Day or even before, there will be high street jewellers and online jewellers slashing their prices.
I should imagine many people will be dreading their January credit card bills or bank statements and overpriced tanzanite rings will be off the menu. Maybe Q are hoping lots of people get money for Christmas and are itching to spend it ?

It's just me and the cat, but I am content and do my own thing. Go out Xmas morning and visit round friends then come home make what I want to eat no Brussels, drink vintage Cava(just as good as very good quality champagne but cheaper) and watch TV.

Though I totally agree about watching QVC on Xmas Day more fun cleaning the cat's litter tray.:mysmilie_17:

I’m the same, Donna. I am happy with my own company at Christmas and can always find loads to watch on TV or recordings, DVDs, iPlayer, etc. This year, I’m out for lunch on the 25th but I’m equally looking forward to the days around that (when I’ll actually be eating plenty of Brussels sprouts if I can get any - local supermarket had sold out yesterday!).

I have to admit in the mid-noughties, though, not long after I’d lost my parents within a few months of each other and the rest of my family were away, I was a bit apprehensive and didn’t have catch-up TV or an iPad, so sat watching a few hours of QVC at Christmas and I wouldn’t say it kept me going but it did keep my mind occupied, which was all I wanted. I remember Kathy Taylor did most of the presenting on her own and she had a terrible cough. I didn’t buy anything (don’t think I had become a customer) but I could tolerate it. Doubt I could now!

Could this tsv be designed to restore marital harmony when the pan scourers or eco eggs didn’t get a rapturous reception?

Just me and Mr L. No turkey, will do crown of lamb and the rest of the week going to try a few newish recipes.

God bless the kindle and music as most of TV is as big a s&&tefest as Q. Hope weather is dry enough to get a few walks.

Will need to avoid eBay as boredom is my enemy when surfing.

How long before QVC do gift vouchers ???? (which I'm surprised no bright spark at Q Towers hasn't thought of before)

1B752FD7-D260-4401-8069-DC758A048778.jpg
It looks nicer in yellow gold.

I agree. I have a tanzanite ring set in gold and it brings out the warmer tones. Tanzy in yellow gold it harder to find.

Tanzanite Ring

I was just wondering if any of you lovely people on here ordered the TSV tanzanite ring on the 25th December and if you did are you happy with it?
https://www.qvcuk.com/1.30ct-AAA-Ta...one-Ring-18ct-Gold.product.340524.html?upsh=1
Mine arrived yesterday and initially I thought it was nice but on closer inspection it seems the colour is missing in certain lights creating a sort of 'hole' in the stone.
I have attached a photo and you can see the white kitchen roll through the stone, most peculiar.tanzanite ring videos 018.jpg
It can be seen more clearly on a video I have taken but I cant seem to upload it.
It is definitely not caused by a shadow or lighting issues.
Any help or advice would be gratefully received before I take things further with QVC.
Thanks.

Last edited:
They are all sold out except for a few sizes on waitlist, so it is unlikely it can be replaced.

So if you don't like it, I would suggest returning it, and if you think it is faulty, then Q should arrange for its return at their expense, and refund your original postage as well..

It all depends if you like it enough to keep it. If not, it's best to return it as otherwise you will always be dissatisfied, and it is a lot of money to pay for something you don't like.

I was just wondering if any of you lovely people on here ordered the TSV tanzanite ring on the 25th December and if you did are you happy with it?
https://www.qvcuk.com/1.30ct-AAA-Ta...one-Ring-18ct-Gold.product.340524.html?upsh=1
Mine arrived yesterday and initially I thought it was nice but on closer inspection it seems the colour is missing in certain lights creating a sort of 'hole' in the stone.
I have attached a photo and you can see the white kitchen roll through the stone, most peculiar.View attachment 16762
It can be seen more clearly on a video I have taken but I cant seem to upload it.
It is definitely not caused by a shadow or lighting issues.
Any help or advice would be gratefully received before I take things further with QVC.
Thanks.

This is referred to a "window"

Have a look at this link https://blog.gemshopping.com/2017/01/26/what-is-a-gemstone-window/ and pop the term "windowing in jewellery" into Google and have a read up on it and you can decide from there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back