Lyndsay ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She’s on with Visage make up and a model with the grossest eyebrows who’s troweling on lipstick. Lynsey looks as interested as watching paint dry. IMHO she always looks as if the lights on but no one is at home. Still I suppose it could be worse and Jade Trough is on.

She’s on with Visage make up and a model with the grossest eyebrows who’s troweling on lipstick. Lynsey looks as interested as watching paint dry. IMHO she always looks as if the lights on but no one is at home. Still I suppose it could be worse and Jade Trough is on.
Imagine DT being the model and being slathered in Visage :p Of course you know it would be a mixture of pinks and greens so he coordinates with his beloved stones, even though one is a shell :p

There's a silly comment from her, ah bless. She asked if they were limited edition and when told yes, she asked if there were any more of them on the way. PLUS, it says in the graphics Limited Ed.

Lynsey looks as interested as watching paint dry. IMHO she always looks as if the lights on but no one is at home.

That sums up Lindsey Carr perfectly. She's as thick as mince.

There's a silly comment from her, ah bless. She asked if they were limited edition and when told yes, she asked if there were any more of them on the way. PLUS, it says in the graphics Limited Ed.

You think you've heard it all from Lindsey Carr - but somehow, she manages to out-do herself a day later.

If Lindsey Carr went on Who Want's To Be A Millionaire, she'd use all her lifelines on the £100 question and still leave winning nothing.

Sometimes I will pick up a book, let the pages fall open as they want and see what I can learn today. I kid you not, this is this morning's entry from Cobham Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase & Fable, 1872 edition, "Natural". This meaning of the word has fallen out of use but seems to describe her perfectly:

20240509_080400.jpg

Sometimes I will pick up a book, let the pages fall open as they want and see what I can learn today. I kid you not, this is this morning's entry from Cobham Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase & Fable, 1872 edition, "Natural". This meaning of the word has fallen out of use but seems to describe her perfectly:

View attachment 28542
Interesting. And, oddly believable. I can see where it came from as an idea. And there was I thinking naughty was a 'bad' person, but no, they are just good for nothing.

And looking back at the page, I am now curious as to the entry that includes the wonderfully named Natty Bumppo :p

🤣 Here you go...
Thanks :) Mildly disappointed it wasn't more exciting. But seriously, that bit about the national debt was interesting too ;) Bit bigger now, I don't wonder. As you can tell, I don't just read the one excerpt :)

Lindsey on with Glenn Lehrer sitting alongside her.

"A beautiful colour that will last forever - and its carved by Glenn Lehrer an erm.. artist, an ermmm... erm.... crafts erm......"

Then Glenn awkwardly starts talking as Lindsey struggles to describe who/what he is.

Then, on fine form, she says "you're getting an amazing amount of gold"

How many grams of gold does "amazing" weigh exactly Linds?

Lindsey on with Glenn Lehrer sitting alongside her.

"A beautiful colour that will last forever - and its carved by Glenn Lehrer an erm.. artist, an ermmm... erm.... crafts erm......"

Then Glenn awkwardly starts talking as Lindsey struggles to describe who/what he is.

Then, on fine form, she says "you're getting an amazing amount of gold"

How many grams of gold does "amazing" weigh exactly Linds?

1.6g for some of the rings.

Honestly, I don't mind the lower gold weights. QVC's bands are much thicker, but the items are much more expensive.

I thought Lehrer looked under the weather today. I hope he's ok. I thought Gemporia were not going to sell his pieces any more? Perhaps they realised their mistake? Nah, that's probably not it. Introspection isn't their strong suit.

1.6g for some of the rings.

Honestly, I don't mind the lower gold weights. QVC's bands are much thicker, but the items are much more expensive.

I thought Lehrer looked under the weather today. I hope he's ok. I thought Gemporia were not going to sell his pieces any more? Perhaps they realised their mistake? Nah, that's probably not it. Introspection isn't their strong suit.
Wasn't that because he'd got a deal with US QVC? Has that fallen through, so he's crawled back to Gemporia?

His Gemporia offerings were a) overpriced and b) underwhelming. Loads of dyed and coated stones, all cut by Jaipur lapidarists trained in a few of Lehrer's cuts. All lavishly set in gorgeously tiny amounts of precious metals, and looking like something you'd find in a Lucky Bag in 1978. But without the cachet and exclusivity, obviously

Wasn't that because he'd got a deal with US QVC? Has that fallen through, so he's crawled back to Gemporia?

His Gemporia offerings were a) overpriced and b) underwhelming. Loads of dyed and coated stones, all cut by Jaipur lapidarists trained in a few of Lehrer's cuts. All lavishly set in gorgeously tiny amounts of precious metals, and looking like something you'd find in a Lucky Bag in 1978. But without the cachet and exclusivity, obviously

Spot on. So many coated Topaz stones.

Presenters knowingly telling lies too when they say "carved by Glenn Lehrer", even though they know full well that they've been cut by someone in Jaipur.

Spot on. So many coated Topaz stones.

Presenters knowingly telling lies too when they say "carved by Glenn Lehrer", even though they know full well that they've been cut by someone in Jaipur.
I recall Glenn himself saying he trained the Jaipur 'team' in his cuts. And isn't it a 'relatively' recent thing with the coated stones? Besides, if you were to get an original of his, by his own hands, that'd be obviously a lot more than you'd get on Gems. So, by rights, you should realise they are 'mass produced' items, even if they have his name. I am not lessening the cut or the intricacy of how 'they' came to be, but once you have the template.......

Puts me, as another random, of a Jasper Conran towel I got free with one of his EDPs years back. It has his name attached, but if they can give it away, they probably could do that with any designer stuff. Either that or they are so cheaply made, you obviously buy the name, not the item.

I don’t think his contract with QVC would stop him selling on Gemporia. Different collections and stones guaranteed cut by him would cover that. Also, who knows how much of his stock Gems already have in their vaults. It would be impossible to stop them selling it, as they’d already bought it. I do think it’s a bit shady that they don’t draw attention to that fact that it’s not all cut by him. I remember him on mentioning it years ago, but don’t hear it mentioned these days, but tbh I’ve not watched much since last year.

I don’t think his contract with QVC would stop him selling on Gemporia. Different collections and stones guaranteed cut by him would cover that. Also, who knows how much of his stock Gems already have in their vaults. It would be impossible to stop them selling it, as they’d already bought it. I do think it’s a bit shady that they don’t draw attention to that fact that it’s not all cut by him. I remember him on mentioning it years ago, but don’t hear it mentioned these days, but tbh I’ve not watched much since last year.
Ah. I thought someone on here had said that he had stopped his Gemporia work.

Though that doesn't mean anything, as I can happily forget I've done something five minutes after completing it.

Lehrer's on again today. He's giving Jeff a run for his money in spending time on air. But he's with Jess, so that's a definite no from me

Latest posts

Back