Margaret Dabbs TSV 21/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've given my negative feedback..but the thread seems to have disappeared??!!
It was called;

DABBS' CRACKERS...OR WE ARE

I can't see the thread any more so wondering if it has it been incorporated into another @Sazza ?

It was called;

I can't see the thread any more so wondering if it has it been incorporated into another @Sazza ?
It's now in this thread pics n' all. Reviews so far on Q's website aren't favourable!

It was called;

Your thread was merged with this one

Blimey! You'd have thought that they'd have put 1 of everything in the crackers -12 crackers = 12 different gifts. I would say that not giving the entire selection is a bit out of order, and it's a bit geared up for the laydeez too. Even if the female doesn't win the cracker, her partner's bound to give her the prize!
Here I go again, but I think Christmas crackers have gone or are going the same way as advent calendars. Weren't we all happy with opening a door to a little picture every day, or if you're a bit younger a little piece of dairy milk? Weren't we all be happy enough with fortune telling fish, plastic puzzles and mini playing cards? Even better when crackers started containing useful stuff. Who hasn't got items in their homes that have come from a cracker that have really come in handy?! I have a bottle opener keyring in the shape of a fish, mini screwdrivers, wire egg cups, nail clippers and a wine bottle stopper all from Christmas crackers. I'd much rather have a set of crackers that would give me a nice and useful surprise rather than knowing it's gonna be a hand cream and the only jeopardy is whether it'll be rose or lavender! Keep 'em cheap & Keep 'em cheerful that's what I say!
My thoughts exactly. Our family has never had money to spend on ‘luxury’ items like these crackers.

BUT we have priceless and funny memories of the tat inside our market stall crackers over the years. Every Christmas we pile the tat up and each of us picks one. There’s always someone who says “Oh, I wanted that, you had it last year” !!!🤣🤣🤣

Let’s just hope they don’t do menopause crackers, you might get a Tena lady with your Christmas dinner!
Or an ‘intimate’ product - wash, moisturiser etc 😱🤣

Having looked at our Christmas cracker selection at work, I really don't think I'll bother. They start at £8 for 6 empty ones to fill yourself - nah! Then they go up to £12 where you can get a bits of cardboard to make a game for the kids, then they go up to £28 and you get 12 but the prizes are aimed at a mixture of kids and adults, yes it's a fairly good idea but if you're only entertaining adults for Christmas then I'd imagine that a miniature set of wooden skittles, tiny playing cards and various useless metal puzzles are gonna end up in the bin, the adult stuff consisted of a pair of nail clippers - ok, a really plain bottle opener, a money clip (pretty irrelevant post 2020) and a metal page marker - very underwhelming! There's a set of crackers that each contain a trivia question card (buy an after dinner game it's cheaper) and then there's a set of 6 for an eye watering £40 and it contains a wooden dice, a small wooden spinning top, a tiny honey drizzler, the mini skittles again and a wooden tree decoration. FFS - What's happened to the decent crackers, the bottle stoppers, the keyrings, photo frames, screwdrivers, luggage tags etc etc?! I mean it's not imperative that I have Christmas crackers and I will search the net for some decent ones but I'm not gonna spend out on crap that's gonna go straight in the bin!

Having looked at our Christmas cracker selection at work, I really don't think I'll bother. They start at £8 for 6 empty ones to fill yourself - nah! Then they go up to £12 where you can get a bits of cardboard to make a game for the kids, then they go up to £28 and you get 12 but the prizes are aimed at a mixture of kids and adults, yes it's a fairly good idea but if you're only entertaining adults for Christmas then I'd imagine that a miniature set of wooden skittles, tiny playing cards and various useless metal puzzles are gonna end up in the bin, the adult stuff consisted of a pair of nail clippers - ok, a really plain bottle opener, a money clip (pretty irrelevant post 2020) and a metal page marker - very underwhelming! There's a set of crackers that each contain a trivia question card (buy an after dinner game it's cheaper) and then there's a set of 6 for an eye watering £40 and it contains a wooden dice, a small wooden spinning top, a tiny honey drizzler, the mini skittles again and a wooden tree decoration. FFS - What's happened to the decent crackers, the bottle stoppers, the keyrings, photo frames, screwdrivers, luggage tags etc etc?! I mean it's not imperative that I have Christmas crackers and I will search the net for some decent ones but I'm not gonna spend out on crap that's gonna go straight in the bin!
TK Maxx normally have decent crackers at a reasonable price.

Latest posts

Back