Michal on Charlie Bears

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
What a plonker he is coming across as on this show. He is oohing and aaghing over the bears in such a ridiculously false OTT manner. It's hardly watchable and he is making himself look a right idiot. Why do presenters have to talk to these bears as if they are babies? It is just daft.

Its actually creepy, I had it on in the background and decided just chance channel.

I am now watching Ghost Hunters International, which is far less creepy even with the bumps in the night.

It is creepy. It is just not right. Crikey people are now tweeting in photos of their bears 'watching' the shows. There must be something wrong with me because l just don't get this at all. I find it all really silly.

I think they need a separate channel for this kind of thing - they do it with Steiff as well. Thing is, what on earth would they call the channel? QVC Creepy might not be a big attraction!

And if they called it something like QVC Furries or similar they may attract a VERY unexpected customer base.

I find most of the stuffed bear shows unwatchable, and I do like bears! The men come over as COMPLETELY WET when they coo over them.

I think they need a separate channel for this kind of thing - they do it with Steiff as well. Thing is, what on earth would they call the channel? QVC Creepy might not be a big attraction!

And if they called it something like QVC Furries or similar they may attract a VERY unexpected customer base.

Sounds to me like somebody knows something about Furries ;)

Me hall has turned into a cocky little git over the years, not the same me hall that started QVC, that me hall didn't tell people to "listen!" Every five minutes in that cocky arrogant tone. Chloes the funniest when she's on with the Bears, the way she talks to them makes my flesh creep, keep expecting the bears to turn round slap her and tell her to get a grip.

Sounds to me like somebody knows something about Furries ;)

I did watch a program about people who like to dress up. Not sure if it was furries or something similar - weird, but fascinating, and doesn't seem to do anyone any harm.

And hey, if QVC are constantly on the search for new customers... could be a promising new market to get into for them.

I think archtephiles have various reasons for collecting. I am a serious collector, of LE bears, and would never sit them in front of the tv, watching whatever was broadcasting. Micheal is not a presenter I have been able to take to, although my viewing of QVC has reached a deadly low, with work and actually having a life!

I did watch a program about people who like to dress up. Not sure if it was furries or something similar - weird, but fascinating, and doesn't seem to do anyone any harm.

And hey, if QVC are constantly on the search for new customers... could be a promising new market to get into for them.

Dale in a nappy!? Modelling of course!

I have to say the bears have more personality than the presenters and they are stuffed the bears i mean :mysmilie_14:

I will admit to having a few Charlie Bears but I have never talked to them and they have never watched television. Maybe they're missing out? :wink:

Someone has posted a pic on Q`s facebook page of her 118 bears. Sorry I don`t get the whole collector thing whether its 118 bears or 3000 Kipling bags. I love bags but would only ever own a few, I can`t say I love bears but if I did, I would only want to dot a few around my bedroom or house and I think too many of anything turns it from a collection to a clutter.

I love bears but 118? They'll need their own mortgage soon, I've only got a couple but I'm a responsible owner, they're not allowed to watch telly after nine o'clock. :giggle:

The only thing I seem to collect is make up and Yankee candles. Although just one cosmetic organiser and 1 shelf full. Gulp. Who am I to judge someone who seems to buy a lot of bears? (even if I can't understand why they buy so many). They may not understand my penchant for smelly candles and eyeshadow sticks.

Letz-be-avenue, I don't watch anymore, either. Apart from the prices of the bears, which are generally more than other outlets (especially with Q's astronomical p&p factored in), I think the CB shows have deteriorated rapidly over the past few years, and not just because of Charlie herself being (sadly) very ill and off-screen for a while. I think the heart has gone out of these shows, and as for the bears themselves......well, they're either the same old same old, or weird and wacky colours and/or rather gruesome facial expressions. Sorry, CB & Q, you've lost me as a customer...

The Bears themselves look cheap and tacky, like a cut price basic version of a more tasteful traditional brand
Watching grown men stroking and sighing over stuffed toys looks creepy and a touch sinister

You have to remember that they're there to do anything that will sell and if they appear creepy and it's still making money for themselves, why should they care.

Latest posts

Back