My Reviews are always rejected!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LadyLou

Registered Shopper
I have been a very satisfied user of QVC for many years now, but am seriously considering whether to continue as a customer.

I often read reviews and am well mannered enough to know what I should and should not say, however, twice now my reviews have been rejected, for what I consider no valid reason other than to being totally honest.

Recently during a Sketchers Hour with a today's' special value of Sketchers, I caught a pair of boots which I heard the presenter say be quick/selling fast etc and so I order a pair. When they arrived I was dissapointed to see they were not Sketchers but assumed this was my fault for not paying attention.

However, I decided to try these on and upon trying to put my foot into the right boot the 'card' lining was bending down and preventing me for putting my foot into the boot fully. I did not want to damage the boot in any way, so decided this was a fault and am returning them.

The above is not word for word what I put in my review but very similar, no bad language, no presenter 'blamed' for my lack of attention, no brand blamed etc. I was reporting a fault in an item purchased!!!

I am quite upset by this but am questioning QVC now, I know they say it is an independent firm that deals with feedback, but it makes me question what 'instructions' this firm has received from QVC.

I saw a similar complaint on Q's Facebook page and the response from Q was that the review was rejected precisely because the item was faulty. You were reporting a fault, not reviewing the working product so to speak, and were scoring the fault and not the product. Their logic, which may be legally based, I don't know, was that as any product can sometimes have a fault they have the right to replace it with a non-faulty model that you can review.

I saw a similar complaint on Q's Facebook page and the response from Q was that the review was rejected precisely because the item was faulty. You weren't reviewing the working product so to speak, and were scoring the fault and not the product. Their logic, which may be legally based, I don't know, was that as any product can sometimes have a fault they have the right to replace it with a non-faulty model that you can review.

I guess its a fair point them telling u that but what gets me is they accept reviews from people who havent even received the item yet, Strato highlighted one a few weeks ago on a tablet.

I guess its a fair point them telling u that but what gets me is they accept reviews from people who havent even received the item yet, Strato highlighted one a few weeks ago on a tablet.

I don't know why they allow that. Perhaps they have a moderator who doesn't read the reviews properly sometimes so doesn't realise it's not actually a review? Did Strato query that on FB at the time, and did he get an answer?

I don't know why they allow that. Perhaps they have a moderator who doesn't read the reviews properly sometimes so doesn't realise it's not actually a review? Did Strato query that on FB at the time, and did he get an answer?

Yea he did not sure if he ever got a response thou hopefully he will tell us .....................lol

I understand what they say about you commenting on the fault not the working product - however, if twenty people were to all report a similar problem surely that is something you as a buyer would like to know!

Welcome to the forum ladylou. Don't be disheartened. I think it's completely arbitrary as to whether you get a review published or not. I did a few ages ago and they got accepted. This was before I realised I was performing free market research for Q and decided to knock it on the head.

The way some of the positive reviews are written makes me very suspicious. I don't think real people write in that sort of way. I'm not accusing the "independant company" but think that people associated with the brand probably submit reviews. This is rife on Tripadvisor.

If you want to sound off about a product, good or bad, come on here and tell us. Sod QVC's crappy review system :0)

QVC have stated in the past that you do not need to have bought an item to review it, you can write a review based on watching the presentation of it on television!
I expect Burly is correct, if you were selling something on QVC it would be tempting to get some of your friends or employees to write favourable reviews.

I saw a similar complaint on Q's Facebook page and the response from Q was that the review was rejected precisely because the item was faulty. You were reporting a fault, not reviewing the working product so to speak, and were scoring the fault and not the product. Their logic, which may be legally based, I don't know, was that as any product can sometimes have a fault they have the right to replace it with a non-faulty model that you can review.

I think that probably makes sense. Also, I don't know whether or not this was an issue with your review, but if you do mention a particular show, or that there was a TSV involved, the review can be rejected because it is time-sensitive.
ALso

There is a facebook group, I have seen it mentioned on the QVC FB page. Where you can go review QVC products good or bad and have your say about them. Unofficial of course. Cannot remember what they are called though. doh!

I think that probably makes sense. Also, I don't know whether or not this was an issue with your review, but if you do mention a particular show, or that there was a TSV involved, the review can be rejected because it is time-sensitive.
ALso

I had a five star review rejected because I said I'd bought it when it was the TSV. If you contact the Social Media team they have to tell you why a review was rejected. I very politely pointed out that if this was the case I really would have to insist that they removed the other five five-starred reviews for that product, as they all mentioned the TSV. The next day my review was published. Better to have six five-star reviews mentioning the TSV than lose six!

I tried to give very fair reviews for nearly every thing I bought but when they were rejected for no good reason I asked for clarification. I was palmed off with a load of BS and the more they gave BS stock platitudes the madder. I got and it became like a dog with a bone - I refused to give in it went on and on and eventually they gave in and reinstated them all.
After that I lost all confidence in reviews. Now I only look for remarks on sizing etc and never do reviews myself anymore.

As I don't do FB or twitter etc I'm lost as to the merits or otherwise of this avenue.

Latest posts

Back