New ad for style channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gigi52

Registered Shopper
I’ve just seen a new ad for the style channel. OMG now the presenters are and Ba’s are models!! I saw Jackie Kabler, Jackie who is the ba for Ashwood bags, the ba with the black/white hair and Katy Pullinger. I rolled my eyes! Why don’t they stick to their day job. They are not models they are presenters and I use that term loosely.

Jackie and Katy both love to think of themselves as models and influencers picturing themselves in clothing
Recall a while back Katy said she was out with a friend, and she’d had taking photos on the stairs with Katy in model type poses.

Jackie and Katy both love to think of themselves as models and influencers picturing themselves in clothing
Recall a while back Katy said she was out with a friend, and she’d had taking photos on the stairs with Katy in model type poses.
Katy had a Yummy Mummy blog, or something similar, with a friend & only gave it up because of her commitments with the Q. Now she's stopped dispensing advice about weaning & potty training she obviously sees herself as QVC's Next top Model.

In QVC land you can be anything you want to be, models, authors, beauty experts, designers and you don’t even need any training, experience or qualifications, the mere fact alone that you’re standing in Chiswick Towers is all you need, say it and it is so..........how great is that 😜👏👏👏
Legends in their own lunch times!

After a bit of detective work I found it in the middle of KT's fashion show with CHuntley. It was the first time I've seen her since she'd cut her hair & it's clear to see that it's longer on the right side. Back to the promo -how sweet, they looked like little girls who had been allowed to try on mummy's shoes. Actually it was cringeworthy, as for Katy Pullinger's face 🙄

After a bit of detective work I found it in the middle of KT's fashion show with CHuntley. It was the first time I've seen her since she'd cut her hair & it's clear to see that it's longer on the right side. Back to the promo -how sweet, they looked like little girls who had been allowed to try on mummy's shoes. Actually it was cringeworthy, as for Katy Pullinger's face 🙄

Yeah T, I seen it this morning and I’m speechless, truly speechless...........but I’ll have a go. There was a badger on it masquerading as a “stylist” Yaki Gabler looks like she’d just let one rip and Katy Pulloneover looked like she was peed off because someone had sewn two different coloured coats together. Their flesh must creep with embarrassment when they see this promo, I know mine certainly does. 😂

I can see the sense in using presenters and fashion brand ambassadors in the ad for a bit of fun and in an effort to use 'real' women rather than models, but why the lady with the black and white hair; she's not exactly a regular is she. I wonder if the people who are responsible for it just grabbed who happened to be passing in the corridor.

I can imagine the scenario;

Promo director 1 - ....well (scratching ear), we could use the presenters and brand ambassadors, that might be fun. Who's in the building today?'

Promo director 2 - ' Debbie Flint, she's always here. I saw her trotting off to the free samples department with a shopping trolley and a selfie stick'

Promo director 1 - 'Lord no, not her! She makes the stuff look worse than it is'.

Promo director 2 - 'Mmmmm.....I saw Jill Franks earlier, she's nice and slim.'

Promo director 1 - 'No, nothing to fit her and I'm right out of bull-clips. Anyway there's a clause in her contract - No QVC fashion to be worn except if it's an Amanda Wakely cashmere jumper with chiffon sleeves.

Promo director 2 - 'Er, how about Jackie Joseph? She's go the physique AND I've just seen her passing. Hold on a mo........'Hey Jackie! Can I have a word, we'd really like to use you in the new fashion promo!!'

Promo director 2 returns looking sheepish and with Jackies Joseph and Kabler in tow.

Promo director 2 - (in a whisper) 'Bummeration, Jackie Kabler was in ear-shot and she thought I meant her. She's bound to trip over those bits of white planking we'll be using as props and sprain something, then we'll never hear the last of it').

Promo director 1 - (also whispering) 'We'll have to use her now or we'll have Ruth Langsford to deal with. You know how much clout Ruth has here at Chiswick towers and she just loves Jackie, doesn't liike to work with anyone else. Designs blue clothing especially for her!'.

Promo director 2 - (sighs) -'Well at least she's tall but we'll have to do something with that hair.'

Promo director 1 - 'Worry not, I've got my Dyson collectables. Now, we need someone else, someone a bit quirky, a bit alternative, how about Pippa? She likes fashion.'

Promo director 2 - 'Naw, she went home. Quirky, quirky........ now who's quirky??'

Promo director 1 - 'Chloe?'

Promo director 2 - 'Jeepers no, she can't keep her mouth shut. I am fed up to the back-teeth of seeing her fillings on social media!'

Promo director 1 - 'Julia?'

Promo director 2 - 'Puhleese!!'

Promo director 1- 'Kathy Taylor? She does fashion on Wednesday so she might be an idea'

Promo director 2 - 'Naw, she does my head.'

Promo director 1 - 'Melissa Hardy, Katie Pemberton, or how about the recently returned from the US fashion expert with the really, really squeaky voice!'

Promo director 2 - 'No, no and no!'

Promo director 1 - 'Carla Lazlo! She's always well turned out and has modelling experience.'

Promo director 2 - 'She's in the Bahamas with dangerous Dawson....again!'

Promo director 2 - (thinks really hard) Got it, got it! That strapping lady, the one with the quiff'.

Promo director 1- (looks puzzled) 'Quiff? Who?'

Promo director 2 - 'Oh, you know who I mean, she used to be the BA for a now defunct fashion range!'

Promo director 1 - 'Ben di Lisi!'

Promo director 2 - 'No'

Promo director 1 - 'Andrew Yu?'

Promo director 2 - 'Noooo!'

Promo director 1 - 'Christopher Fink!'

Promo director 1 - 'Michele Hope?'

Promo director 2 - 'No you nitwit, Meeeshell's still here, are you going senile? Anyway she represents herself.......even brings her own stool and thigh-high boots'.

Promo director 1 - 'Sorry, I think it's the fumes from the polyester, make me a bit vague'

Promo director 2 - 'The lady I mean has black and white hair.'

Promo director 1 - (presses lips together and is clearly trying to remember). 'Black and white hair????..... you mean she needs her roots doing?? Julia? Oh no, we've discounted her already. (the penny then drops) Riiight, now I remember! Cruella de Ville??'

Promo director 2 - 'Yes, yes, her. She's in the green room right now, go and ask her.'

Promo director 1 - 'Aw, do I have to!!'

Promo director 2 - 'Yes you do! Don't you like her?'

Promo director 1 - 'She's a bit scary.'

Promo director 2 - 'She's really nice. Go, go and ask her.'

Promo director 1 - 'Ooookay....' (slopes off dragging feet).

Promo director 2 - (clearly relieved and muttering) 'Thank goodness, she scares me too. Now we need just one more person......who can we use??"

At that very moment Katy P strides by and solves the problem.

A short while later...

Promo director 2 - 'Roll 'em!'

Catherine Huntley stands on the side-lines looking most miffed. 'I could have been a contender' she mutters to herself. She sadly tosses her newly trimmed bob and, through tears of disappointment, she spies a white plank which she slowly takes hold of and slinks off in the direction of Jackie Kabler's shins.....

I can see the sense in using presenters and fashion brand ambassadors in the ad for a bit of fun and in an effort to use 'real' women rather than models, but why the lady with the black and white hair; she's not exactly a regular is she. I wonder if the people who are responsible for it just grabbed who happened to be passing in the corridor.

Promo director 1 - ....well (scratching ear), we could use the presenters and brand ambassadors, that might be fun. Who's in the building today?'

Promo director 2 - ' Debbie Flint, she's always here. I saw her trotting off to the free samples department with a shopping trolley and a selfie stick'

Promo director 1 - 'Lord no, not her! She makes the stuff look worse than it is'.

Promo director 1 - 'No, nothing to fit her and I'm right out of bull-clips. Anyway there's a clause in her contract - No QVC fashion to be worn except if it's an Amanda Wakely cashmere jumper with chiffon sleeves.

Promo director 2 - 'Er, how about Jackie Joseph? She's go the physique AND I've just seen her passing. Hold on a mo........'Hey Jackie! Can I have a word, we'd really like to use you in the new fashion promo!!'

Promo director 2 returns looking sheepish and with Jackies Joseph and Kabler in tow.

Promo director 2 - (in a whisper) 'Bummeration, Jackie Kabler was in ear-shot and she thought I meant her. She's bound to trip over those bits of white planking we'll be using as props and sprain something, then we'll never hear the last of it').

Promo director 1 - (also whispering) 'We'll have to use her now or we'll have Ruth Langsford to deal with. You know how much clout Ruth has here at Chiswick towers and she just loves Jackie, doesn't liike to work with anyone else. Designs blue clothing especially for her!'.

Promo director 2 - (sighs) -'Well at least she's tall but we'll have to do something with that hair.'

Promo director 1 - 'Worry not, I've got my Dyson collectables. Now, we need someone else, someone a bit quirky, a bit alternative, how about Pippa? She likes fashion.'

Promo director 2 - 'Naw, she went home. Quirky, quirky........ now who's quirky??'

Promo director 2 - 'Jeepers no, she can't keep her mouth shut. I am fed up to the back-teeth of seeing her fillings on social media!'

Promo director 1- 'Kathy Taylor? She does fashion on Wednesday so she might be an idea'

Promo director 1 - 'Melissa Hardy, Katie Pemberton, or how about the recently returned from the US fashion expert with the really, really squeaky voice!'

Promo director 1 - 'Carla Lazlo! She's always well turned out and has modelling experience.'

Promo director 2 - (thinks really hard) Got it, got it! That strapping lady, the one with the quiff'.

Promo director 2 - 'Oh, you know who I mean, she used to be the BA for a now defunct fashion range!'

Promo director 2 - 'No'

Promo director 2 - 'No you nitwit, Meeeshell's still here, are you going senile? Anyway she represents herself.......even brings her own stool and thigh-high boots'.

Promo director 1 - 'Sorry, I think it's the fumes from the polyester, make me a bit vague'

Promo director 1 - (presses lips together and is clearly trying to remember). 'Black and white hair????..... you mean she needs her roots doing?? Julia? Oh no, we've discounted her already. (the penny then drops) Riiight, now I remember! Cruella de Ville??'

Promo director 2 - 'Yes, yes, her. She's in the green room right now, go and ask her.'

Promo director 2 - (clearly relieved and muttering) 'Thank goodness, she scares me too. Now we need just one more person......who can we use??"

A short while later...

Catherine Huntley stands on the side-lines looking most miffed. 'I could have been a contender' she mutters to herself. She sadly tosses her newly trimmed bob and, through tears of disappointment, she spies a white plank which she slowly takes hold of and slinks off in the direction of Jackie Kabler's shins.....
OMG that is so funny, thank you so much you have no idea how much I needed that laugh :ROFLMAO:
You have a great talent for writing!

Promo director 2 - 'No'

A short while later...

This is brilliant.

Promo director 2 - 'No'

A short while later...

This is great Almerinda, it should be acted out for Comic Relief, although to be fair every day is Comical at QVC. 😂

Katie Pullinger, trying hard to look sultry at the end of this promo, is really funny. It's worth a look if you haven't seen it.
I screamed with laughter at Katy at the end. I thought she looked a little bit constipated actually, as if she was thinking about straining a stool.

I've always particularly disliked the way she takes herself so very seriously, but I didn't know she had pretensions to be a model too. I presume as part of this she'll have to stop recycling her endless story about having size 9 feet, as she'll never fit into the sample size.

Latest posts

Back