QVC Beauty Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

I had the misfortune to tune in to the Beauty Channel this morning, and what a shocking display it is. None of the graphics related to what was being demonstrated on screen, guests and presenters are cut off mid-sentence, constant references to easy-pays and stock that no longer exist and they also use age old video clips in places. I appreciate product demos don't change all that much over time, but suddenly seeing a presenter or guest in an outfit and hair-do that was popular 3 years ago is rather jarring. Then, to top it off, I was watching a demo for a Gatineau eye product and realised that the model being shown was Amica. Given the BCC event we just had and all the tributes, I can't believe they'd keep on showing this. It's in very poor taste, IMO. Is there no senior authority that checks on the broadcast material before it is actually aired? The whole things looks as though it is produced by amateurs. I know media students who could do a far better job! Given that QVC will insist that they're the best at everything they do, this is a big embarrassment. I've not looked in on their other channels as yet, but I daresay that they are much the same.

I see no point in the secondary channels QVC have. I don't actually get them on VirginMedia, but everyone says just repeats and the stock already sold out and the easy gone too. I imagine the other two channels are just as bad.

I flicked on to see Fiona (Decleor) apparently demonstrating a L'Occitane men's set according to the details on screen for about 10 minutes! It's a complete shambles!

only seen the beauty channel once and it was so dis jointed I have never bothered with it again.:sad:

Ive only watched the beauty channel once and wont bother again. Total waste of money.

Wow, whatever about the shoddy graphics etc - showing poor Amica is in extremely poor taste. Can you imagine how distressing it would be for her family and friends to see her on TV like that? QVC sink lower and lower in my estimation..

I once rang to place an order that was advertised as free P&P and 2EP's to be told by the operator that it was available but no longer on EP and the P&P was £5.95. I range customer services and got it as broadcast.

Didn't realise they could be so remiss not to remove all demo's featuring Amica - SHAME ON THEM.

I totally agree with Moths original post,the Beauty Channel is appalling, pointless really if half the products they show are sold out as the graphics suggest. I normally love beauty shows but only ever seem to cope with watching the BC for 5 minutes at a time as it is so disjointed and poorly but together.

Latest posts

Back