New request system

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As I have said, I like the new system, it's fair. I watched for a while today though, and it struck me...when is an auction not an auction. I request something and put in a bid. It is shown and I see what price it sells for, hearing "that's as low as it will ever go". Next day I request it and bid that amount. It seems that the fun of the auction has been taken out. OK, I've been with Rocks since the first day, so maybe my little mind is tired of it. Why not just say here's the price and then it's first come first serve. Ooooh, sorry I must be in a mood!

I think there have been some excellent comments on here. I agree that there should be a way to request a piece as you haven't seen in the flesh yet and maybe also a way to remove your bid (while the auction is on).

I question (in the politest possible way) the logic of launching anything on a Friday, particularly of a long weekend as there have been problems and no one working over these first 4 days can help.

I encountered a quite big bug yesterday that I am sure that they will get fixed once the office is open - I requested two things in Barry's slot and both were aired. I didn't get either as I bid too low but was happy to see them and see what price they went for. I wanted to rerequest one (with a higher bid) for Carol's shift in the evening but it wouldn't let me, saying my request was already logged. I emailed help but they couldn't help. However, a few hours later, lo and behold, the pendant appeared, Carol dropped straight to my price and I got it. I was thrilled as this was £4 cheaper than it had gone for that morning! THEN, I got an email saying that apologies but my other request couldn't be done!

I am sure that the system will be perfected soon enough but I think it is a good move forward.

I understand this - but the quality of the photographs is often pretty awful: I could make a list of items that are almost if not entirely unrecognisably different when in the studio, so sometimes when you see a request on air you know immediately that your really really want it. There are also a number of entirely missing photos or completely the wrong item's photo where the description sounds as if it might be just what you want - but you can't tell until you actually see it on air.

I can see two possible solutions which I offer for consideration:

1) get a better photographer and ensure that correct photos are in place

or

2) add a 'Reject' button next to the 'Request' button - this could be monitored and 'Request rights' withdrawn temporarily or permanently if it was felt to be being abused by individuals.

However, I do like the new request system and these are just minor niggles/ teething problems, so a big thank you for the 'Request' button!!

I think this could be crucial with the more expensive, "one of a kind" pieces. Crucial for me anyway! :D

Btw I do think the new Request system is a really good addition.
3_3_11v.gif

Sorry, another little niggle...if the item is sold out could the system not let you request it? Sat around for an hour and a half today waiting for a request only to find, after I asked in live help, that it was out of stock. Grrrr!

Sorry, another little niggle...if the item is sold out could the system not let you request it? Sat around for an hour and a half today waiting for a request only to find, after I asked in live help, that it was out of stock. Grrrr!

That's a really good idea, Con! Should be relatively easy to write into their software too - just a question of asking the system to cross reference the request code to the stock database, and if x says 0 then message 'Sorry, the item you requested is out of stock'. the only assumption this makes is that they run their requests from an interrogation software (Crystal Reports, Business Objects, something like that) rather than a basic 'press this button and a message will be sent to someone to read' type of software.....

..................I'll get my coat......

Latest posts

Back