New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so sweet. It does help, honestly!

I'm glad it helps, but truly your posts have been an inspiration! I've had a fair amount of cr*p going on this year and have relied heavily on retail therapy so I'm desperate to go into 2017 with that mindset behind me.

I'm glad it helps, but truly your posts have been an inspiration! I've had a fair amount of cr*p going on this year and have relied heavily on retail therapy so I'm desperate to go into 2017 with that mindset behind me.

Bless you. Sorry to hear about the negatives but it sounds like you are being very positive about a new start in 2017. Retail therapy has always been a thing for me too - finding bargains and placing orders still gives me a buzz but if we can just think about it a bit more, we will be fine. Onwards and upwards!

:happy:

Bless you. Sorry to hear about the negatives but it sounds like you are being very positive about a new start in 2017. Retail therapy has always been a thing for me too - finding bargains and placing orders still gives me a buzz but if we can just think about it a bit more, we will be fine. Onwards and upwards!

:happy:

Thanks AndiK :)

Likewise, I love a bargain and don't think I'll ever be able to shake that but for me the key is recognising when something is an actual bargain, i.e. not something to add to the 'stash' just cos it's good value, but something you need...I'll get there, although candles will always be a huge weakness!!!!

I just got the winter drop that Mazza was describing and had a good sniff and very much like Spiced White Cocoa and Bubbly Pomegranate (it's almost a dupe for one of my retired faves, Pomegranate Fruit) but Christmas Thyme (as reported by Mazza) doesn't smell even slightly Christmassy - smells like a Thai soup to me, not sure at all!!!

Thanks AndiK :)

Likewise, I love a bargain and don't think I'll ever be able to shake that but for me the key is recognising when something is an actual bargain, i.e. not something to add to the 'stash' just cos it's good value, but something you need...I'll get there, although candles will always be a huge weakness!!!!

I just got the winter drop that Mazza was describing and had a good sniff and very much like Spiced White Cocoa and Bubbly Pomegranate (it's almost a dupe for one of my retired faves, Pomegranate Fruit) but Christmas Thyme (as reported by Mazza) doesn't smell even slightly Christmassy - smells like a Thai soup to me, not sure at all!!!

Oh dear! Let's hope it is a lot more pleasant when you light it. The other two which you and Mazza have described sound lovely though.

I don't eat Thai very often and never have soup, but would that be the lemongrass you can smell cos the Thais use that a lot I think? It didn't remind me of soup, but definitely herby and zingy. Do the Americans like herbs at Xmas rather than pine???? I shall burn mine with the Sage Portrait candle and be herbtastic, but not during Christmas.

I don't eat Thai very often and never have soup, but would that be the lemongrass you can smell cos the Thais use that a lot I think? It didn't remind me of soup, but definitely herby and zingy. Do the Americans like herbs at Xmas rather than pine???? I shall burn mine with the Sage Portrait candle and be herbtastic, but not during Christmas.

Herbtastic, ha ha! And yes, Thai food does often contain lemongrass.

That's the note I can smell too - on first whiff it's like tom yum soup! To be fair, if I persevere, I get a sort of sweeter holiday bayberry note so hopefully that will soften the astringent lemongrass...we shall see!

Mazza, let me know what it's like when you burn it and I'll do the same.

Tarketta....LOL.... that certainly won't be this year!!!

:mysmilie_59:

Tarketta....LOL.... that certainly won't be this year!!!

Likewise ;) I'm still working my way through last year's Xmas candles (ah the joy of revisiting Cranberry Chutney) and I may yet give it away to a candle-mad friend who loves Thai food!!!!

I occasionally go to a clinic where they burn lemongrass oil in reception, so it reminds me of that rather than food.

I probably shouldn't be posting this when I'm smugly sitting on my hands at the moment, not buying, but there's a trio of large jars as a Bargain Hunter (£29.88 + £5.95):

Yankee Candle Set of 3 USA Special Sugar Sugar Large Jars - 705916
Sugared Flower Petals, Brown Sugar & Cinnamon, Sparkling Sugar.

For some reason, I imagine they would be pretty weak but love to know what people think if they've tried any ... I'm not going to buy them, honestly!

I probably shouldn't be posting this when I'm smugly sitting on my hands at the moment, not buying, but there's a trio of large jars as a Bargain Hunter (£29.88 + £5.95):

For some reason, I imagine they would be pretty weak but love to know what people think if they've tried any ... I'm not going to buy them, honestly!

I think Yankee did a sugar collection about 4 or 5 years ago. I bought a sparkling sugar + a cinnamon sugar. They were ok if you like foody scents. They were a bit cloying. I remember giving one to my sister as she had just moved into a new house + her husband wouldn't let her burn it in the house as he thought it smelt awful.

This website is quite useful for honest reviews from crazy candle lovers - you won't find everything on there, but they've covered off most of em ;)

https://yankeecandlesisters.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/spoonful-of-sugar/

Thanks Tarketta, I have bookmarked that site for a browse sometime. However, I did see in a quick root around that they have spotted what seems to be World Journeys pillars reconfigured as Postcard From...... in the housewarmer shape. So that would be marvellous if the WJ concept and price is not only continuing (and I was worried about that after a less than positive response by Steven to that very question) but considered worth a revamp. I like them in the two wick pillars but would rather get them as jars than not at all..... as long as they are not £21.99 each of course.

I don't fancy those sugar ones at all (Thank God!!!) and I too remember a previous sugar collection from a few years back. I have seen them on the website for a while now but have never seen them on air, and I do watch/record as many shows as I can.

On a side note, I think YC have got themselves in a bit of a pickle on the label front. I wish they would calm it all down. OK we have old and new on the main range, and other ranges like the WJ/Postacrd or Barbers'Shop will have its distinct style, but there seem to be at least four to six variations in the Portrait range alone.

Thanks Tarketta, I have bookmarked that site for a browse sometime. However, I did see in a quick root around that they have spotted what seems to be World Journeys pillars reconfigured as Postcard From...... in the housewarmer shape. So that would be marvellous if the WJ concept and price is not only continuing (and I was worried about that after a less than positive response by Steven to that very question) but considered worth a revamp. I like them in the two wick pillars but would rather get them as jars than not at all..... as long as they are not £21.99 each of course.

I don't fancy those sugar ones at all (Thank God!!!) and I too remember a previous sugar collection from a few years back. I have seen them on the website for a while now but have never seen them on air, and I do watch/record as many shows as I can.

On a side note, I think YC have got themselves in a bit of a pickle on the label front. I wish they would calm it all down. OK we have old and new on the main range, and other ranges like the WJ/Postacrd or Barbers'Shop will have its distinct style, but there seem to be at least four to six variations in the Portrait range alone.

Oooh now I hadn't read that re the WJs morphing in Postcard From - at last, a bit of clarity around all the different labels. As you say, there's too much variety and confusion - wouldn't surprise me if Steven didn't know either, hence the vagueness in his response!

I just play safe and stick with the Housewarmer and World Journey series, always been happy with those :)

AndiK, not doing very well on the 'sitting on my hands' front - just succumbed to these bad boys

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-Set-of-3-Holiday-Party-Large-Jars.product.706566.html

I love the sound of the orange one and have smelled the other two and thought they were lovely...I'm so weak :(

Don't worry - the path to complete recovery is never easy. I could have been so tempted myself. They look lovely. I've only smelt the All Is Bright - love to know what you think of the others.

Oh sorry, did you want me to shout at you?

:mysmilie_514::mysmilie_455:

Don't worry - the path to complete recovery is never easy. I could have been so tempted myself. They look lovely. I've only smelt the All Is Bright - love to know what you think of the others.

Oh sorry, did you want me to shout at you?

:mysmilie_514::mysmilie_455:

Ha ha, that cracked me up - thank you, I am suitably chastised :mysmilie_19:

I have decided no more beauty items this year, but candles are fair game and I'll tackle those in 2017 ;)

Ha ha, that cracked me up - thank you, I am suitably chastised :mysmilie_19:

I have decided no more beauty items this year, but candles are fair game and I'll tackle those in 2017 ;)

You've got to start somewhere, one thing at a time and all that. Even thinking about it more is a big step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back