NIOD is launching on QVC Beauty before the main Q Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lilith.. I've just mixed CAIS 5% and it's green, not blue. I'm going to email deciem and see what they say. I'm going to start using it tonight and see how it goes.

IMG_2275.jpg

Lilith,
Just got a reply from deciem that they are going to send me a replacement without charge and I don’t need to return the one I have.
As an update, I’m using the green stuff on one side and nothing at all on the other, only cleansing. So far can’t tell any difference.
You were so right that I should’ve checked on the CAIS 5% life (as opposed to shelf life). I went back to my correspondence with deciem and it says in black and white that when sealed can keep indefinitely and then six months after opening.
I went mad on that offer (25%) and bought 2 x cais 1%, 1 x cais 5% (a present for my birthday) and 1 x mmhc that are still sealed .
I’m emailing deciem now to let them know just in case I’m still to open and use those in a due course.

Lilith, I got an email from VH today with some news on NIOD products.
https://www.victoriahealth.com/editorial/july-newsletter-5

there’s a product that interested me, Superoxide Dismutase Saccharide Mist (SDSM), seems to be the product that you were saying that if NIOD were to think of an spf product it wouldn’t be an spf product per se, but a product instead of spf that works in a different way but does the same job, how right were you?
http://niod.com/product/nid-superoxide-dismutase-saccharide-mist-240ml

NIOD bargains - 31% off and 41% off - paging Marina :eek:)

package no 1 :
CAIS 1%
MMHC
HV
normally this would be £98,
but you can get over 31% off (£30.45)
if you order it from QVC for £67.55 (incl delivery)
here :
http://www.qvcuk.com/NIOD-3-Piece-An...N-_-1-_-216766

package no 2 :
NEC
FECC
FM
normally £122
but you can get over 41% off (£50.05 off)
if you order from QVC for £71.95 (incl delivery)
http://www.qvcuk.com/NIOD-3-Piece-Ta...-_-16-_-227001

all full sizes

full NIOD hour on tomorrow at 7pm (i have order package no 2 already)

thanks Ian
just came on here as i stumbled across the NIOD hour being scheduled for tomorrow
and had a nosy for bargains on the site (and already ordered targetted treatment collection before coming here, hehe)

item no 2 on your list has been 'misnomered' by Q
and it is a mist , not a serum
it is called Superoxide Dismutase Saccharide Mist
and i have been using it for 3 weeks and very happy with it
(however the price is no bargain, costs the same if ordering from Deciem directly)

p.s. Hylamide (not Niod) has a Hydra Density Mist announced to come out in the future
and i don't know yet how that may compare the SDS Mist ....

Hi Marina

sorry, i missed all of those posts by yourself earlier
i checked in here and there but must have overlooked them ...

thank you for being kind for what you said
i think i am getting tuned more into their wavelength at Niod
incl my take on Acids and SPF chimes with their approaches a little
:eek:)

now re the green copper
i would not use it
just like oxidised vit c can actually do damage
i would not use green copper serum

i have, in the meantime, also been using for maybe 3 to 4 weeks
the CAIS 5%
and i ****** LOVE IT
*hehe, sorry for swearing*
and it is super bright deep blue in colour
and the CAIS 1% in comparison was lighter sky blue
but both of them no hint of green

i think i will try to get myself CAIS 5% for twice a year treatment
when i can find the money
hopefully there will be some on sale on Black Friday

Lilith, I got an email from VH today with some news on NIOD products.
https://www.victoriahealth.com/editorial/july-newsletter-5

there’s a product that interested me, Superoxide Dismutase Saccharide Mist (SDSM), seems to be the product that you were saying that if NIOD were to think of an spf product it wouldn’t be an spf product per se, but a product instead of spf that works in a different way but does the same job, how right were you?
http://niod.com/product/nid-superoxide-dismutase-saccharide-mist-240ml

Lilith,
Just got a reply from deciem that they are going to send me a replacement without charge and I don’t need to return the one I have.
As an update, I’m using the green stuff on one side and nothing at all on the other, only cleansing. So far can’t tell any difference.
You were so right that I should’ve checked on the CAIS 5% life (as opposed to shelf life). I went back to my correspondence with deciem and it says in black and white that when sealed can keep indefinitely and then six months after opening.
I went mad on that offer (25%) and bought 2 x cais 1%, 1 x cais 5% (a present for my birthday) and 1 x mmhc that are still sealed .
I’m emailing deciem now to let them know just in case I’m still to open and use those in a due course.

i am glad they replaced it for you, no quibbles
and quite right too

how have you been getting on since then ?
have you used the new replacement CAIS 5% yet ?

i am glad they replaced it for you, no quibbles
and quite right too

how have you been getting on since then ?
have you used the new replacement CAIS 5% yet ?

I haven't opened the parcel yet. I've been using oils since I came back and can't get enough of them. I'm thinking on starting CAIS 5% this weekend hopefully.

Hi Marina

sorry, i missed all of those posts by yourself earlier
i checked in here and there but must have overlooked them ...

thank you for being kind for what you said
i think i am getting tuned more into their wavelength at Niod
incl my take on Acids and SPF chimes with their approaches a little
:eek:)

now re the green copper
i would not use it
just like oxidised vit c can actually do damage
i would not use green copper serum

i have, in the meantime, also been using for maybe 3 to 4 weeks
the CAIS 5%
and i ****** LOVE IT
*hehe, sorry for swearing*
and it is super bright deep blue in colour
and the CAIS 1% in comparison was lighter sky blue
but both of them no hint of green

i think i will try to get myself CAIS 5% for twice a year treatment
when i can find the money
hopefully there will be some on sale on Black Friday

Oh wow you are using CAIS 5%! I think I may hold on now as you are using it and I'm loving oils at the moment. You read my mind lilith, I was also thinking that using CAIS 5% twice a year was a good idea,and CAIS 1% now seems watered down.
I'd like to try the mist and the only deciem discount I could find was 15% off, I don't suppose you've heard if there was a better offer around at the moment?

package no 1 :
CAIS 1%
MMHC
HV
normally this would be £98,
but you can get over 31% off (£30.45)
if you order it from QVC for £67.55 (incl delivery)
here :
http://www.qvcuk.com/NIOD-3-Piece-An...N-_-1-_-216766

package no 2 :
NEC
FECC
FM
normally £122
but you can get over 41% off (£50.05 off)
if you order from QVC for £71.95 (incl delivery)
http://www.qvcuk.com/NIOD-3-Piece-Ta...-_-16-_-227001

all full sizes

full NIOD hour on tomorrow at 7pm (i have order package no 2 already)

Thank you lilith! Excellent offers but I have LOADS of skincare at the moment and hoping not to be tempted tomorrow, but we shall see.

Oh wow you are using CAIS 5%! I think I may hold on now as you are using it and I'm loving oils at the moment. You read my mind lilith, I was also thinking that using CAIS 5% twice a year was a good idea,and CAIS 1% now seems watered down.
I'd like to try the mist and the only deciem discount I could find was 15% off, I don't suppose you've heard if there was a better offer around at the moment?

if you go via Quidco, you can get an extra 7% cashback from Deciem, on top of 15%
i think the mist is a little too new to be stocked in some of the other retailers who offer 20% plus discounts regularly
(i will have a little look and come back if i have found anything better)

p.s. had a look and no better offers as not stocked yet in other stockists
Deciem 15% is valid until 31 July, so maybe in a few days they may bring back a 20% code ? possibly :eek:)

re CAIS 5%, i think i read it somewhere, directly from Deciem
about using it on a treatment basis, up to twice a year
i am thinking that one used it all the time, apart from the cost *eek*,
the skin would get used to it
and it would be less effective ....

if you go via Quidco, you can get an extra 7% cashback from Deciem, on top of 15%
i think the mist is a little too new to be stocked in some of the other retailers who offer 20% plus discounts regularly
(i will have a little look and come back if i have found anything better)

Thank you lilith, I shall wait until August, will have a look into Quidco too.

another new item

NIOD 4 Piece Discovery Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.228860

1 x Low Viscosity Cleaning Ester (50ml) - this cleansing system gives your skin a thorough cleanse, helping to remove all traces of dirt and make-up while helping your skin maintain its natural sebum levels, leaving your complexion feeling hydrated and renewed. Uses isolated sugar and avocado esters
1 x Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate (3ml) - this highly-concentrated bio-serum is designed to reduce the signs of aging around your eye contour, helping to improve the look of lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity, puffiness, dark circles and unevenness. Combines 28 clinical technologies
1 x Multi Molecular Hyaluronic Complex (15ml) - this multi-dimensional serum delivers long-lasting hydration while helping your skin to appear more plumped and even. Combines 12 forms of hyaluronic compounds in a peptide-charged delivery system
1 x Photography Fluid Opacity (15ml) - the reflecting serum-textured formula contains light-reflecting prisms, and helps to correct the look of uneven skintone and colours, helping to give a radiance photo-finish. Designed to hydrate your skin for up to 48 hours after application, and formulated with Nano-Prismatic Yellow-Red Hue Corrector, patented Dragon Fruit Chromatic Refractor and bio-sugar complex

Has anyone ordered from the new 'The Ordinary' range available at Victoriahealth.com and the Deciem website?

It's a new range which apparently is one of the most important launches ever in the beauty industry and they say:

They are rather similar to products you will find everywhere. Some of those ‘everywhere’ products are rather expensive, some not so, some of those ‘everywhere’ products describe themselves as if they were going to save the world and your skin alongside it. They won’t and if we know they won’t, you need to know the same

The range is made up of 10 serums at ridiculously low prices - I've just ordered the Niacinamide - £5, Hyaluronic Acid 2% with B5 – £5.90, and Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% – £4.90!!

The other products are Matrixyl 10% + HA, Alpha Arbutin 2% +HA, Buffet (a collective serum bursting with some of the big name ingredients), Advanced Retinoid 2% and 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil, . I heard about it from Wayne Goss's latest video.

I did see the launch but I didn't understand what it was about. Keep us posted Starlight what you think about the new products.
Basically are they doing what Aldi and Superdrug are doing, making very affordable dupes for the very expensive £300 a pot skincare?

I don't get the idea either because they are competitors within their own company. From the price point of view, the serums are very interesting but do they work like the more expensive ones, or rather, do they work at all?

I don't get the idea either because they are competitors within their own company. From the price point of view, the serums are very interesting but do they work like the more expensive ones, or rather, do they work at all?

When you look at the explanatory notes on Victoria Health, they do point you in the direction of NIOD for something less... Ordinary :mysmilie_17:

I think the idea is to be complementary... after all, hyaluronic acid appears in other ranges they do besides NIOD already. I dare say that as technologies in NIOD become mainstream and others jump on the bandwagon, The Ordinary range will be disruptive for the wannabes, while NIOD will move on to the next innovation. I would add therefore that as well as complementing the other Deciem commercial ranges, they are effectively challenging the existing beauty marketing mythos... about how ingredients which are now commonplace still being touted as cutting edge to justify premium pricing. It seems rather like the idea that once drugs are out of patent you get far more dupes around. Early dupes have to pay a licence fee to use the drug under patent and the pricing of their product reflects it... then you get the generics... so if you look at ibuprofen and the fact you can get a generic product for peanuts, you have to wonder how much of the price of Neurofen really just supports the brand marketing that they use to justify the premium pricing.

Latest posts

Back