Not doing so bad....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MSC cruise reviews are often not great. The big attraction seems to be the price compared to other cruise lines.
Yep, that's why we booked, it was cheap. To be fair though, once we got the hang of it and which bits of the ship to avoid it was great. The staff were really good and there was always good food and a seat to be had if you knew where to go for it. Avoid buffets, swimming pools, anywhere with children and loud music. Always take the sit down breakfast with table service and you'll be shown to a table instead of trying to fight for one.

CC

If I was going I would pick an adults only one (why does that phrase conjure up mucky images in my mind!) as I can’t have noisy misbehaving children and their mothers.
Virgin are over 18s only, Viking and Saga are aimed at older travellers and don't have under 18s either. I would imagine Cunard is unlikely to appeal to young families either.
With the lines that do cater to families, maybe it's as simple as booking in term time to minimise the number of wee ones... though pre-schoolers would be able to go any time of year... as would any home-schooled kids.

Spoken before about the many cash ventures that Langsford and her old man are involved in, well alongside QVC, and Equity Release, and foot vibrator, and tv presenting, oh and giving talks on a river cruise, I was perusing the ads for cruising in the next couple of years, and the old man pops up AGAIN ! My favoured cruise line - Cunard, have only got him aboard one of the ship cruising the Canaries, for an evening of entertainment/talk. Sorry, and I know he has a huge tax bill to pay, but this pair would hoik themselves up for anything for a free meal and holiday. I wont be booking THAT cruise.
I don’t blame them … strike while the irons hot as the saying goes lol

Well, she was in overload last night, boots, jumpers, jewellery, I couldn't bare it when she started at how QVC had asked her to 'design' a jewellery range for her 5th Anniversary. Are we supposed to believe that in between all her other tv commitments and helping Eammon to the toilet, that she beavers away 'designing' fashion, boots, bags, jewellery ? ok, so will she tell us how many years she was at design school and what certificates she holds ? because all this "I've designed ............ " business by her and others like Amanda Holden and Alison is getting farcical now, when any sane person knows the products are bought in from China.

I

Ok, so I did a double take on this.................. at first glance its the new Princess of Wales..

1663336614079.png

But its an old QVC presenter Claudia Silvester.

I did like Claudia. Didn't she move to Australia? I thought she came back with some skincare range but maybe that was someone else.

CC

Well, she was in overload last night, boots, jumpers, jewellery, I couldn't bare it when she started at how QVC had asked her to 'design' a jewellery range for her 5th Anniversary. Are we supposed to believe that in between all her other tv commitments and helping Eammon to the toilet, that she beavers away 'designing' fashion, boots, bags, jewellery ? ok, so will she tell us how many years she was at design school and what certificates she holds ? because all this "I've designed ............ " business by her and others like Amanda Holden and Alison is getting farcical now, when any sane person knows the products are bought in from China.

I
I've thought this for a long time since celebs started putting their names to products.

I noticed when watching Kirks Folly, Jennifer was waxing lyrical about the monstrosities she sells and the wonderful talented people who have worked with her for years, making her wares. When we got a close up of the rings, there was the word ‘CHINA’ boldly stamped on the inside!

Kirks Folly was always cheap tat bigged up with big prices. It sold though in huge quantities so people must have liked it. Everyone knows the celebrities (if you can call them that) don't sit round the dining room table designing clothes and jewellery.

CC

Kirks Folly was always cheap tat bigged up with big prices. It sold though in huge quantities so people must have liked it. Everyone knows the celebrities (if you can call them that) don't sit round the dining room table designing clothes and jewellery.

CC
Some years ago I fell down the rabbit hole of depression and I bought into the whole fairies and angels thing and I purchased loads of Kirks Folly in the hope of brightening up my bleak existence, of course it didn't work.

Thankfully with the help of my doctor and friends I recovered and I looked at all these peach coloured boxes scattered around the house, a lot of them unopened.

I ended up selling most of it on fleabay and actually made a decent profit on a lot of the pieces :) which I found to be better quality than B&W

I did have a couple of pieces of KF but it wasn't that great. The Dreamkeeper things I had though were lovely and I sold them on at a profit eventually.

I hope you're all OK now SusieSue.

CC

Latest posts

Back