Oh my word

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tunics are my choice of tops but they are hard to find

when you do a search on line stores for tunics they all seem to think a shirt/blouse which is longer than waist length is a tunic. To me it needs to be a good bit below hips and shaped to be a tunic

Debbie Flint makes everything she wears look cheap and frumpy, and when it’s QVCs clothes to start with it’ll be a given that she’ll look old fashioned and frumpy, it’s funny though how some presenters wear their own clothes on air and look passable, and others, well they wear QVCs clothes 😳
At one of the beauty bashes Debbie Flint was wearing Ingenue and heels looked totally different to what she does on air hair was immaculate me and my sister was in total shock

I was once dragged along to a beauty bash by my youngest daughter. It must have been a different one to you boffy because she was wearing her uniform of leggings, tunic, cardigan finished off with colourful patterned wellies. The venue was not what I expected. I can’t remember where it was but it was dark and like a church hall. It was all rather depressing and my daughter never suggested going again. The day was saved by going out for a lovely lunch.

Over 10 years ago I had an invite to a fashion 'do' at their Battersea premises. It took place in the reception area, and there was a minimal finger buffet with coffee. The chairs were in rows with a runway down the middle, and these were the days when old sexy pouty Renee was a model, and Elaine was the BA for Kipling.

I was a bit astonished at how small those you see on the box were in real life. Julia Roberts is around 5'3, Simon Wilson about 5'6 (and looked like a cadaver even back then !), Chuntley was stick thin and flounced around with her shoulder length corkscrew curls in auburn, Dale arrived and I was gobsmacked he was only around 5'7 then Cloudia turned up and was much taller than Dale at around 5'10.

The models were all very chatty, Julia was a bit more reserved and didn't mix easily, Simon was ready to engage in conversation, and most women in the audience were decked out in Indigo Moon jackets or Kim & Co fashion. I escaped outside and stood talking to an American chap who was having a fag, and he was the BA for an american range of shoes he used to bring - brand name escapes me, but along with other brands are no longer around.

Over 10 years ago I had an invite to a fashion 'do' at their Battersea premises. It took place in the reception area, and there was a minimal finger buffet with coffee. The chairs were in rows with a runway down the middle, and these were the days when old sexy pouty Renee was a model, and Elaine was the BA for Kipling.

I was a bit astonished at how small those you see on the box were in real life. Julia Roberts is around 5'3, Simon Wilson about 5'6 (and looked like a cadaver even back then !), Chuntley was stick thin and flounced around with her shoulder length corkscrew curls in auburn, Dale arrived and I was gobsmacked he was only around 5'7 then Cloudia turned up and was much taller than Dale at around 5'10.

The models were all very chatty, Julia was a bit more reserved and didn't mix easily, Simon was ready to engage in conversation, and most women in the audience were decked out in Indigo Moon jackets or Kim & Co fashion. I escaped outside and stood talking to an American chap who was having a fag, and he was the BA for an american range of shoes he used to bring - brand name escapes me, but along with other brands are no longer around.
Simon Wilson is a hoot an absolutely lovely chap ...Catherine Huntley is very very nice to just like she is on TV

About 15 years ago I went to a Pilates event at Marco Polo house and Julia was really friendly. We were given a goody bag and were taken to a restaurant for lunch.

I've still got some red suede Markon boots. Love them.

CC
I had red suede ones too. At the time Q really only did Markon and EMU and I remember the shows selling out (think genuine sell outs in those days) very quickly with shows sometimes ending early.
Now all shows are only 40 minutes by the time they do TSV/picks of day/pick of month/ etc in every unrelated show.

I had several pairs of Markon boots & loved them, as did Queen Julia! I remember the man who brought them over from the states being dark haired & totally committed to his brand.

Yes, he was the one who I chatted to while he had a fag outside !

Blimey Grovesy, you were treated well being taken to a restaurant ! we had to make do with minimal finger buffet, but we did get a goody bag. Do they still do these 'invite' days I wonder ?

I bought 3 pairs of boots from Q many moons ago, and I think now you say the name they were Markon. They must've been in clearance 'cause there's no way I could've afforded to buy 3 pairs of boots. I remember ordering black first, and being so impressed that I went back and bought them in brown and in dark red. They weren't leather but they had an incredibly smooth feel, they had an elastic panel down each side and a zip down the other and were long...sort of riding boot style. I don't know why I don't have them any more, I guess I must've worn them out. In those days QVC represented good value for money!

Years ago I went to a do at QVC Chiswick in conjunction with Good Housekeeping mag.Pippa was there & was there very chatty and friendly, Trinny and Suzannah & the Percy &Reed hair guys.We left with a very heavy goody bag which I had to carry back on the train.I had travelled down from Manchester and some ladies from somewhere in Surrey were aghast, I said Manchester UK and remained them my journey was probably shorter than theirs.

Watching Chunts wearing a dressy jump suit and very dressy cream blazer yet when it gets to her feet lo and behold it’s the Q obligatory dirty worn trainers.

Latest posts

Back