OH, Pleeeeease !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve got you all one of these so when people come round, knowing how much we all love talking to everyone about our personal health issues, it can spark a conversation. I’m sure your neighbours, friends and family whatever their age and gender will welcome it. Not forgetting the electrician and the decorator - in fact, you’ll probably find the job gets done in double-quick time so they can get out and not have to come back.

D77FEBFB-654A-4FB4-9199-527FA86C36FC.jpeg

I’ve got you all one of these so when people come round, knowing how much we all love talking to everyone about our personal health issues, it can spark a conversation. I’m sure your neighbours, friends and family whatever their age and gender will welcome it. Not forgetting the electrician and the decorator - in fact, you’ll probably find the job gets done in double-quick time so they can get out and not have to come back.

View attachment 24306
You're very kind but I'll pass on this😳🤣🤣🤣. On second thoughts it might be good when charity muggers knock at the door!

The flying blackboard duster that brings back memories and the flying book
I wouldn't know as I was a good girl at school😇

View attachment 24306
Teacher’s present perhaps ? Depends if your kids teachers are at that age ! Not really suitable for the Lollipop ladies as they tend to be retired 😂

Or the favourite of back to the class but still able to identify the culprit followed by a swift over the shoulder throw of the blackboard duster which was like a brick with a cloth covering.
We had a science teacher like that. He would love the blackboard rubber from the front to the back of the class. It wasn't low enough to hit anyone.
It was usually in the afternoon when country dancing class was going on and he would not off and we would start to get a bit noisy.
He was ok with me as he was in special ops during the war with my uncle in Jugoslavia.

Oh country dancing. Whoever thought that one up for the curriculum in the Dept of Education, had a warped sense of humour ! and the music, my gawd, when I think back, there we were all spinning around like extras from the Exorcist with plaits flying in the air, while the 'Miss' stood clapping in time next to the pianist or record player.

I wish QVC would stop sending me emails about the menopause. Been there, done that and worn the T shirt after fortunately sailing through mine without the aid of a shopping channel.
Ooh, how did you manage without QVC’s “trusted menopause guide”, their house expert to “guide us through how we can find our sleep window and practise self-compassion”, and purchases of lavender sleep balm, Bloom & Blossom pamper kits and 10.5 tog duvets for those hot flushy nights. All in today’s email. QVC have our best interests at heart. Nothing to do with cashing in, obviously.

Ooh, how did you manage without QVC’s “trusted menopause guide”,

I managed brilliantly without their interference. 😉 My sleep “window” has always been fine, I’m naturally compassionate, I can’t be doing with throwing lavender everywhere, haven‘t got the time to faff about with pamper kits and the maximum weight duvet I’ve ever used is a 4 tog rating in the winter. Now I only use a 1tog, even in the coldest weather. So QVC have got no money from me at all. 😉

I do realise that I’m one of the lucky ones though because I haven’t even needed HRT. Maybe I should email QVC back so they stop sending me helpful menopause hints.

I managed brilliantly without their interference. 😉 My sleep “window” has always been fine, I’m naturally compassionate, I can’t be doing with throwing lavender everywhere, haven‘t got the time to faff about with pamper kits and the maximum weight duvet I’ve ever used is a 4 tog rating in the winter. Now I only use a 1tog, even in the coldest weather. So QVC have got no money from me at all. 😉

I do realise that I’m one of the lucky ones though because I haven’t even needed HRT. Maybe I should email QVC back so they stop sending me helpful menopause hints.
Tell them it’s triggering you.

I've already said my piece to QVC in a very verbal email. No reply, but neither have I had anymore meno (I'm using Ruthless' abbs - abbreviations), emails. Ah, there's a thought perhaps Ruthless should bring out a meno jacket as opposed to her camo one.

‘Let’s talk about the menopause ‘ er let’s not. If l wanted to do that, (which I don’t) I’d talk to a health professional , not tune into a shopping channel.

I tried that and got told by a female doctor in her mid-thirties that older women only wanted HRT to make themselves more attractive to men.

It was a rare moment that left me speechless!

This week, a doctor was reported in the newspaper saying women who delay their menopause live longer. So all this menopause pushing is it to kill off the wise and sassy older women?:eek:

alter ego my doctor male said he did not believe in HRT unless it was really necessary. He told me I didn't need it, I never even told him what was going on with me. Lucky, a dodgy thyroid made mine sail through, apart from the do not mess with me moments. But then I have always not taken prisoners when talking.

I tried that and got told by a female doctor in her mid-thirties that older women only wanted HRT to make themselves more attractive to men.

It was a rare moment that left me speechless!
My former GP was a lovely lady and when I asked about HRT she said it was up to me but as I suffered loads of migraines from puberty to menopause I would more than likely still get them if I took HRT.

I know that some women go on HRT because they’re concerned about loss of bone density and osteoporosis, as well as all the other menopausal delights.

When I had a total knee replacement in 2015, I expected the consultant to comment about my bone density after he’d rootled around to do the operation. He did comment! He said my bone density was very good 😳 and better than that of a lot of younger women he’d treated.

As I mentioned earlier, I didn’t bother going on HRT, so my good bone density must be down to all the cheese I eat, because I never drink milk. 😉

Latest posts

Back