Old stock??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
Bought a Gatineau set - body lotion / tan accelerator / hand cream that’s shown on the website as a ‘new arrival’ -

I bought a similar set in the past, probably about two or three years ago, that came with a bag (I know because I still use the bag). I use all the products so I thought I’d stock up. Anyhow it’s just arrived, and lo and behold, it comes with a bag - the same bag I got when I bought the set previously, which made me a bit suspicious- even more so when I found a leaflet in the bottom that says ‘your today’s special value’....
Not sure what to think of this - Dyou reckon I’ve got years old stock?? Would you email them?? What would you lot do?

Difficult to say; though there was a website posted on here a few years back that allowed one to check the manufacturer's date codes (sorry I can't remember it).
It's a trio Gatineau have sold on successive years so hopefully it's sold frequently enough for it to be freshly restocked. It'll show as a new arrival if the item number has altered since the last version of the set.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 76
Ooh thank you.
Tried this but it just says the code isn’t recognised. 🤷‍♀️ This is one of the codes - not sure what I’m doing wrong.
Just checked for you 15th March 2018

Edit forgot to add 60 months shelf life. Valid for another 23 months

Check product numbers on each item here (under Revlon) .
Thanks for this. I've bookmarked it. Always useful to check. Especially if buying from other websites

Just checked for you 15th March 2018

Edit forgot to add 60 months shelf life. Valid for another 23 months

Thanks for this. I've bookmarked it. Always useful to check. Especially if buying from other websites
Thanks so much that’s brilliant. (What did you enter - I’m curious to know what I was getting wrong!)

I‘ve tried to upload a photo of the screen, but it’s too large.
The default is Adidas brand, change brand to Revlon & input the details180742FV

I‘ve tried to upload a photo of the screen, but it’s too large.
The default is Adidas brand, change brand to Revlon & input the details180742FV
What Llloyd said lol. The print doesn't make it easy. The V can be easily misread as a U. 0 (number) can be mixed up with O (letter). (Also happens with 8 and B) Happens to me a lot especially when they want you to enter those wibbly wobbly letters/digits captcha (prove you're not a robot) thingy 😂

Let's be honest, for that sort of shelf live there must be a hell of a lot of preserves in their stuff.
True but jars/containers should be airtight, so likely the preservatives are needed once a product's been opened. Years ago, they didn't have dates on anything even tinned food. My mum would throw out any blown tins but keep the rest, even the dented ones. I'm still alive..... (cough ?? cough) years later.

True but jars/containers should be airtight, so likely the preservatives are needed once a product's been opened. Years ago, they didn't have dates on anything even tinned food. My mum would throw out any blown tins but keep the rest, even the dented ones. I'm still alive..... (cough ?? cough) years later.
I just discovered a few tins I bought recently were badly dented at the bottom.

I didn't notice at the time because I bought a cardboard tray of 6.

However, I don't see that it matters, if they are still airtight.

Airtight would mean in pump bottles, that is why you have to pump them a number of times to get the product out when you first use it. Jars are easily opened by hand, well skin care are. No pop noise when opened as would happen if they are airtight.

Strato, be very careful of dented tins just because they are sealed still something happens inside the tin. There used to be warning about dented tins and food. I know my granny went through tins of food and disposed of any that were dented and this was a woman who keep tinned food for years.

I know I wouldn‘t risk eating food from a dented tin. That probably sounds ultra cautious but, in my opinion, it’s better to be safe than sorry. (You can read it if you click on it because it’s a photo of part of a long article.)

Attachments

• 1CD005A8-CA47-4561-AB21-A19CBDADB389.jpeg
    1CD005A8-CA47-4561-AB21-A19CBDADB389.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 88
When we cleared out my grandmother’s house we found some old tins of pineapple chunks on the floor in a back bedroom. Don’t know how old they were but they’d welded themselves to the floorboards.
Nowadays that house would be an antique dealer’s wet dream. Lived in by the family since 17 hundred something( old farmhouse) & never known anyone replace any furniture etc....Escape to the Country buyers would have a fit of the vapours.

I just discovered a few tins I bought recently were badly dented at the bottom.

I didn't notice at the time because I bought a cardboard tray of 6.

However, I don't see that it matters, if they are still airtight.
I was talking to my Dad about this last week. I said that if a tin was blown then I wouldn't use it and he said even if it's dented you shouldn't. Apparently someone told him that the metal inside corroded once the tin was dented. I've always still used the odd dented tin but I won't now.

I'm a bit of a "Strato" and I've had loads of dented tins, opened them, eaten them (contents, not tin). I'm alive. I also re-freeze mince, chicken and prawns. Still alive. Maybe I'm just one in a long line of hardy working class Scots combined with hardy Irish travellers. Takes a lot to kill us off :LOL::LOL::LOL:

CC

Latest posts

Back