Ophelia

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I witnessed that horror too, Tarot 🫣 I had the show on in the background and found myself rolling my eyes throughout. And what a load of inane drivel she talks! Of a naff photo frame she said ‘oooh, you just want to be next to it’…what?! And what’s with everything being ‘mesmerising’? It takes more than a few scratchy sequins and floating crystals to mesmerise me 😵‍💫

I witnessed that horror too, Tarot 🫣 I had the show on in the background and found myself rolling my eyes throughout. And what a load of inane drivel she talks! Of a naff photo frame she said ‘oooh, you just want to be next to it’…what?! And what’s with everything being ‘mesmerising’? It takes more than a few scratchy sequins and floating crystals to mesmerise me 😵‍💫
I totally agree with you. Her pronunciation and use of words is atrocious.

I turned over to QVC, saw that it was her on the Julien MacDonald show, watched for five minutes (if I'm honest, to see how bad she was) and yep, she was just as bad, so I turned over again. Starts every sentence with 'now' pronounces her words wrong, says strange things to try and sell and has staccato speech which just makes her sound insincere, like a robot or like someone who should be selling on a market stall. Yes she is stunning to look at but what good is that on a shopping channel?

Ahh Ophelia! Is it me or is she getting worse...I am not sure wether English is her second language.Instead of getting better shes seems to be getting worse. I am sure she is a nice person but its painful to listen to. Sorry!:confused:

Ophelia is the most beautiful woman on QVC,and even in normal life she would turn heads.
Not the best presenter or the most articulate,but certainly seems a nice person,compared to the longer serving presenters,who just come over on the tv,as pushy and not very nice.
I agree that some of the other presenters don't come across as being very pleasant people, whilst Ophelia does seem to be quite a nice soul. She is a lovely looking lady, but she's got a job to do and that's to present items on a shopping channel and imo she doesn't do a very good job of it. I could go into a store and ask an assistant a question about something, I may not like the sound of their voice or the cut of their jib but as long as they can answer the question to my satisfaction, seem slightly interested and don't personally insult me then the job's a good 'un as far as I'm concerned. After all it's product I'm buying, not the sales assistant.
Frequently I have seen the ba/co presenter having to correct her mistakes on air. In the real world, she could sell you something totally unsuitable if you were to go by her word alone (if you could understand it of course!) Her linguistic quirks, her enthusiastic "lovin' " everything she sees might be an endearing trait but it isn't conducive to selling goods on telly. Customers what to know the spec (the correct spec), the price, the fabric composition, the colours/sizes available or what have you - by all means add an anecdote or an idea, but stock phrases like "I'm super excited about this" or "I ain't gunna lie but I need one of these in my life" tells you nothing and for me, is cringeworthy! I would prefer to see her modelling the stuff, clothes, cosmetics, hair care products, she'd be ideal for that job imo. She is floundering in this job and it's not good to watch!

When I have actually watched her for more than 10 seconds without reaching for the channel changer, I have found her to be inarticulate in the extreme, with little to nothing at all to offer in terms of what she expresses when she is using long words in the right order on a rare good day. I understand QVC are desperate to tick boxes, but that should not allow them the luxury of employing people to accommodate that aspiration who are clearly not up to the job, and I am sad to say, based upon her lack of improvement from what I read on here, is never going to be up to the job.

Ahh Ophelia! Is it me or is she getting worse...I am not sure wether English is her second language.Instead of getting better shes seems to be getting worse. I am sure she is a nice person but its painful to listen to. Sorry!

It's not you, unfortunately I think she is getting worse, she makes the programme unwatchable for me.

It's not you, unfortunately I think she is getting worse, she makes the programme unwatchable for me.

I am just trying to think who is articulate amongst their presenting staff and visiting experts? Hoi…Hoh..Hoe..That walk you and talk you through who never does bloke, and his mum and his ****** cat.. No, not him. The Michael Jackson in 1983 look lady with the long motorcycle glove for a surname..Reasonably so - in an annoying way..Dexter Stalingrad? He was, but he left in 1874. That man from a small shop in Hendon who sells cheap binoculars? Yes. Definitely him. Dale Franklin? Oozing bad cheese, but certainly has a command of The King’s English. That woman who never shuts up? Alison somebody or other. Grudgingly granted - she is articulate. Jilly woman - yes, and rarely annoying. The older Scottish woman who has a more annoying tone than Oh Superman by Laurie Anderson. Yes, she can speak properly. Struggling on the rest of them, though. If literally and absolutely disappeared overnight - the rest would be scuppered.

I am just trying to think who is articulate amongst their presenting staff and visiting experts? Hoi…Hoh..Hoe..That walk you and talk you through who never does bloke, and his mum and his ****** cat.. No, not him. The Michael Jackson in 1983 look lady with the long motorcycle glove for a surname..Reasonably so - in an annoying way..Dexter Stalingrad? He was, but he left in 1874. That man from a small shop in Hendon who sells cheap binoculars? Yes. Definitely him. Dale Franklin? Oozing bad cheese, but certainly has a command of The King’s English. That woman who never shuts up? Alison somebody or other. Grudgingly granted - she is articulate. Jilly woman - yes, and rarely annoying. The older Scottish woman who has a more annoying tone than Oh Superman by Laurie Anderson. Yes, she can speak properly. Struggling on the rest of them, though. If literally and absolutely disappeared overnight - the rest would be scuppered.
If that's the Sunacor binoculars then yes, I agree. It was very articulate presentation from him a couple of years ago that persuaded me to part with my money. I've bought some fairly pricey binoculars in the past hoping to look at the moon and the stars to find that you need to spend thousands to be able to see anything in the night sky. I even tried a telescope which I couldn't get to grips with and as I live in a city, light pollution's always going to be a problem, and far too bulky to take elsewhere, so I gave up on the idea. My £29 Sunacors are brilliant, great to pop in my bag as they're so small, great for festivals, bird watching and just taking a closer look at stuff in the distance.

She is presenting some SUPER SUPER STRONG Alien Tape now. With luck, some passing ones will invite her onto their space ship en route to Uranus on a one way ticket. Oh God…it’s Tokyo mouthpiece with her.. Disembowelment without an anaesthetic for me please.

She is presenting some SUPER SUPER STRONG Alien Tape now. With luck, some passing ones will invite her onto their space ship en route to Uranus on a one way ticket. Oh God…it’s Tokyo mouthpiece with her.. Disembowelment without an anaesthetic for me please.

"now" "now" "now" She's on again... She reminds me of Katie Price sometimes the way she speaks, that kind of stilted way of speaking.

Don’t forget most of them are superglued to a tablet,looking down all the time.
Does anybody do any preparation,or are they to busy flicking their hair or preening at the camera.

The standard of English, enunciation and pronunciation must be severely lacking too in those idiots that hired her. Photographically she's stunning - then she opens her mouth.
I concur Brissles. To add to all that, she’s now adopted this ridiculous stilted manner of speaking. I’m amazed that she manages to sell anything. A complete turn off!

You were, of course, praying one of the items stuck to the fake wall by the woman whose mouth was first in the 100m Teeth Final of the 1988 Olympics, was going to drop off the wall just as she was still standing by it. Unfortunately, you probably had to wait about another ten minutes for that if the reviews on the QVC website are anything to go by.

Latest posts

Back