Overpriced QVC Plants 727136

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't believe that QVC want £36.00 for this small shrub Hayloft-Photinia-Little-Fenna-with-Planter-&-Compost.product.727136.html
I'm no expert on plants, but I don't think it looks too bad a deal for what you're getting. The p&p seems rather steep though, I've no idea how much the bag of compost would weigh, but the planter they've described as wooden, when it's clearly a plastic resin doesn't look as though it would weigh very much. The end result looks lovely but I don't think I'd trust Q to send me anything "living"!

Its £36.00 for a very small shrub, a small bag of compost to fill the small tub. I suppose I go to Homebase and B&Q which are super cheap

The plants Q sell from P2G, Hayloft and RJ cost the same or more from these companies' own web sites although they only have one P&P for an order, not P&P on each item. P2G are by far the best even although they aren't cheap, they are bigger plants and they don't die. I've a beautiful acer which cost £36 but it is such a lovely specimen and is thriving. Thomson & Morgan are the worst, I can't keep anything of theirs alive or grow them big enough to plant out.

CC

About 4 years ago I bought a PTG camellia from QVC. It was a good size. Cost £35.00 inc postage. The type of camelia is nice beautiful flowers but the habit is awful. It grows in a wiry kind of way. PTG are ok if you really want a larger plant by Mail order but still not good VFM compared to the high street shops like B& Q. A very unusual place to get fantastic plants for a good price is My Little Waitrose. Primrose a very high end company supply them with plants. The quality is superb and some fab varieties. O wait until they reduce them and get some lovely products

Latest posts

Back