Random Musings and Critiques Etc.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep, this new channel is certainly coming up with new, exciting, quality products ...
It is a good point. Why is SoTV a clone of the others? Selling drones, Swan & Edgar, etc.

I can understand when starting a new channel you take the low-hanging fruit and easy wins and start selling the stuff that you know works elsewhere and is available. But it must be very tempting to stay with that, rather than taking a risk and developing new sources and lines.

I'm sure RobL will say it's on the roadmap, but where is the HP Chromebook, or Epson printer, or Chanel perfume or Henry hoover, or Tefal, or Persil/Unilever, JML bargain home accessory, Happy Shopper or TkMaxx/Matalan fashion tie-in, etc., etc. I don't care if it's low-end or higher end but give us something more than frikkin' drones and cheap Chinese watches and questionable beauty products.

The most innovative product, on again tonight with our Rob, is Discount Dragon and that's not even a product, it's another business presumably paying SoTV for the promo opportunity.

The CEO of Shop on TV, Jamie Martin, is on ITV with Rob Locke now, promoting Discount Dragon.
He knows the owners of DD, apparently, hence the tie-up.

Just to point out we now have a clash with ShoponTV and SeenonTV both currently abbreviated on the forum as 'SoTV'.

So ShoTV and SeoTV may be a solution? Any better suggestions?

It is a good point. Why is SoTV a clone of the others? Selling drones, Swan & Edgar, etc.

I can understand when starting a new channel you take the low-hanging fruit and easy wins and start selling the stuff that you know works elsewhere and is available. But it must be very tempting to stay with that, rather than taking a risk and developing new sources and lines.

I'm sure RobL will say it's on the roadmap, but where is the HP Chromebook, or Epson printer, or Chanel perfume or Henry hoover, or Tefal, or Persil/Unilever, JML bargain home accessory, Happy Shopper or TkMaxx/Matalan fashion tie-in, etc., etc. I don't care if it's low-end or higher end but give us something more than frikkin' drones and cheap Chinese watches and questionable beauty products.

The most innovative product, on again tonight with our Rob, is Discount Dragon and that's not even a product, it's another business presumably paying SoTV for the promo opportunity.
They both refer to themselves as SOTV so we will have to diffrentiate.

SHONTV (Shop On TV)
SEONTV (Seen On TV)

Why? Because it's all the same folk on a merry-go-round of channels. Whether it's Shop Extra, Shop on Tv, Seen on Tv, TJC's IW, or the defunct IW, they all have connections with the original company Ideal Shopping Direct and it's original Ideal World channel.

Shop Extra - Val Kaye & Paul Wright (The folks that started the original Ideal World) + ex ideal world staff/presenters/guests

Shop on TV - Jamie Martin & Martin Purcell (Head honchos at Ideal Shopping Direct, jumped ship before **** hit the fan) + ex ideal world staff/presenters/guests

Seen on TV - Ex ideal world staff/presenters/guests

TJC's Ideal World - Ex ideal world staff/presenters/guests

Defunct IW2 - all the staff/presenters/guests of Ideal Shopping direct.

Is it any wonder they are all similar? :ROFLMAO:

With great respect, I have virtually given up watching this channel. Too few goods, too much repetition of those they do have and far too much time spent on one thing.

Why? Because it's all the same folk on a merry-go-round of channels. Whether it's Shop Extra, Shop on Tv, Seen on Tv, TJC's IW, or the defunct IW, they all have connections with the original company Ideal Shopping Direct and it's original Ideal World channel.

Shop Extra - Val Kaye & Paul Wright (The folks that started the original Ideal World) + ex ideal world staff/presenters/guests

Shop on TV - Jamie Martin & Martin Purcell (Head honchos at Ideal Shopping Direct, jumped ship before **** hit the fan) + ex ideal world staff/presenters/guests

Seen on TV - Ex ideal world staff/presenters/guests

TJC's Ideal World - Ex ideal world staff/presenters/guests

Defunct IW2 - all the staff/presenters/guests of Ideal Shopping direct.

Is it any wonder they are all similar? :ROFLMAO:
I don't care about the presenters, or where they've worked before, beyond them being accurate, ethical and entertaining.

It's what the management/producers select as products. If SeonTV can increase the variety and get more innovative and diverse interesting products, they'll do well.

I hope they do. The structure and production is there for a really good channel. The selling moral ethos seems strong also. They just don’t have enough variety of goods for whatever reasons still. How many months in now and I am yet to see a non-flying technology related product. Plenty of bedding and drones, though.

I hope they do. The structure and production is there for a really good channel. The selling moral ethos seems strong also. They just don’t have enough variety of goods for whatever reasons still. How many months in now and I am yet to see a non-flying technology related product. Plenty of bedding and drones, though.
Yeah it's more than slightly ironic their intro shows dozens of different products, however the reality is somewhat different.

Poor old Rob. Such a good host but thwarted by this continuing lack of variety. Would be good to see him back on QVC. Though, would he want to go back? Never go back..

What you have to say in their favour is they have been going some months now and continue to sustain a professional and presumably sustainable business model. When you see the opposite currently (Not Seen on TV), it reinforces what an achievement that is. Saying that: the Trustpilot feedback isn’t great.

IW4 is doing a fantastic job of keeping its head above water,substitute Pedro or My Name is Den for Shayley your onto a winner!
Oh second thoughts there’s really no difference 🤣🤣🤣🤔

It's weird, or maybe not so weird for those in the know within the selly telly business. It appears as though for channels like this, on through the night, having a very small range of products is the way to go. Almost zero variety. Maybe, because they're verging on being like a live late night infomercial as opposed to a daytime selly telly channel (if that makes senses?) they find that showing the same stuff week in week out works? If so you can't fault them for that I suppose.

It's weird, or maybe not so weird for those in the know within the selly telly business. It appears as though for channels like this, on through the night, having a very small range of products is the way to go. Almost zero variety. Maybe, because they're verging on being like a live late night infomercial as opposed to a daytime selly telly channel (if that makes senses?) they find that showing the same stuff week in week out works? If so you can't fault them for that I suppose.

Of course, Jamie Martin isn't just into selly telly, he wants you to buy other stuff from their market place web site, remember at Ideal Shopping Direct/IW he wanted to set up a web site to compete with Amazon. The Shop On TV web site is the same, one big market stall.

Will this one succeed where the last one failed, who knows and really who cares. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back