Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Staring at a 1970s Police car and a giant resin Dachshund?

IMG_1880.jpeg

Where do Shaun, Sean, Den and Hayley end up now
The re-incarnation of Bid?

🔊 Shop Extra ANNOUNCEMENT 🔊

Dear crafters,

As you may be aware, a few months ago we at Hochanda Global made the decision to support our past colleagues, suppliers, and TV shopping friends in the wake of the news of Ideal World’s closure. By dedicating select hours on Craft Extra to a new channel, Shop Extra, our intent was to fill the gap left by the closure by using our studio space and expertise to bring customers the same interactive live shopping experience.
In light of the recent news that Ideal World will return to air, we’ve made the decision to cease broadcast of Shop Extra. We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who shopped with us over these past weeks, and to everyone involved for all of their efforts to help those affected – we’ve said it before, but TV shopping really is one big family and your support has meant a tremendous amount to all of us!

We hope you’ll join us in wishing everyone at Ideal World - returning and new - the very best for the future. 💜
I bet the real reason was that they were not successful and profitable.

I suspect there was no real enthusiasm to even attempt to make the thing succeed. It was a half-hearted effort, probably driven out of well-intentioned feelings towards Ideal World of old staff from years gone by. I imagine they would’ve carried on a little bit longer, maybe even longer term than that had TJC not brought the old name back. Ryan has said something about travelling distance being too far, hasn’t he? Would they have really wanted him, who knows? You also doubt The Lemonade Twins will want or even get offered a gig with the new version. I can’t see them fitting either aesthetically or in its selling style. More suited to manure and compost in general on a gardening channel perhaps? I doubt Robinson will work further in shopping television at her age now. Her swan song could well be that terribly dull storage boxes presentation on last night’s last show.

This is what is repeated on this forum time and time again. Give people some honesty. Give people some transparency. Give people an informed choice as to whether to buy or not. They just can’t do it, can they? People don’t want buzz phrases, People don’t want fake friendship. Why didn’t they start by saying this was a short trial period, and you can buy on the basis of knowing exactly how we are going to operate and for how long? We had somebody come onto the forum a few weeks back, saying they even failed to honour the free gift that was quite clearly stated on-air would apply with each individual purchase of a Piranha product on that particular show. Then they even backward stepped on that, too. Good family don’t treat their family that way.
all these endless faux scenarios painted as part of the pitch :sick::sleep:- a tedious sales technique and rubber head and his missus were like a very desperate and very patronising stuck record, not to mention all the gurning and oohs and ahh's like a 2023 Frankie Howard. Terrible sales people, they should run a bar they would be good at that, they clearly have the chat, just not the sales patter. Gotta have the right product to sell too, and I have no idea what sells on shopping tv, presumably they had some data to work off - I felt zero desire to buy anything and that says it all.

Wonder if IW(TJC) have made any assurances that they'd take on the Shop Extra staff again. There's no guarantee they'll get jobs back on IW, so closing SE prematurely doesn't help the staff if they're unemployed again, does it.

So I too wonder if the real reason is it wasn't successful and it's a convenient excuse to close the operation down.

Of course, the rats will scamper back to IW soonest, if they get the chance.

Obviously people didn’t believe a word they were saying,hence not many customers.
Plus a studio broadcasting from a broom cupboard,I’m a great believer in karma will bite you back eventually .
In most industries people like these make loud noises and want to be seen all the time leading from the front,most times it takes awhile but then they get found out,either moved on or usually dismissed.
That’s life seen it all before !

I actually felt a little bit sorry for her the other night. Going out selling some boring storage product. If indeed that was to be her last show as a shop in television presenter, she didn’t even get a chance to say a proper goodbye.

I actually felt a little bit sorry for her the other night. Going out selling some boring storage product. If indeed that was to be her last show as a shop in television presenter, she didn’t even get a chance to say a proper goodbye.
Wasnt she at IW from the beginning almost, having a job for 20 odd years, and then nothing would be a shock. I know Ryan was there since day one, but he has his pub etc

So you reckon when she went off air at 10pm they had no idea

I imagine she knew perfectly well what was happening. But was probably told not to say anything on-air. I suspect she won’t be out on the streets with a begging bowl, but it’s still the loss of her career if that turns out to be the case. Never a happy day for the recipient.

I imagine she knew perfectly well what was happening. But was probably told not to say anything on-air. I suspect she won’t be out on the streets with a begging bowl, but it’s still the loss of her career if that turns out to be the case. Never a happy day for the recipient.

She can recoup a bit of money at the local Peterborough car boots flogging all those drawer tidies and sunglasses she (supposedly) bought.

Oh..that tedious "PRODUCER!!!ORDER ME THIS DESPERATE PIECE OF TAT IMMEDIATELY!!!" ploy she used to employ many times too many. As stale as my gravy browned old shorts used for The Blue Magic demos...

Latest posts

Back