Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why doesn't he mention that in his demoes? It's not really going to put anyone off (like the undisclosed Blue Magic dilutions to replicate the cleaning effects during his demos would).
not even sure its the dilutions, cheap polyester carpet (effectively stain resistant from the off) sprayed to high heaven with scotch guard is my bet, I doubt blue magic is much different to washing up liquid.

Similarly the carpet cleaner machine demo, shove a can of coke/guiness (my bet is something dark and not dried has been soaked in ahead of a demo) on a scotch guard protected polyester carpet = no chance for it to stick.. The way it cleans is unreal, and it is unreal as I do have the exact same model of rug doctor and not a chance it cleans an old foot-fall soiled carpet like that.

Boz eyed shyster Si - another shopping channel muppet :poop:

It’s gone then. Why were they not telling potential buyers (all three of them) last night that was it. Club members who’d joined specifically for Shop Extra discount - what happens to their tenner? Do they get it back? Some f…ing Friendship.
If anybody was paying the £10 a month, and you don’t intend on buying Craft stuff, cancel the direct debit, standing order whatever it Is or contact Hochanda

They won’t refund as they would say that you can still the discounts on Create and Craft

So SE didn't even last until Xmas?!

Just checked today's and Friday's schedule and it's all Craft, tonic, Aall stuff from 4pm again now. But still says "presented by Shop Extra" on the web site, as it's the rebranded 2nd channel.

Either they're having a strategy break to work out how to compete against IW. Or trying to find the money to buy or share a Freeview channel slot. Or it's finished.

Look out for discounted remaindered stock, RugDoctor, Greenworks, Piranha, VE/Swan/Gam (yeah, right) offers on IW shortly...

So SE didn't even last until Xmas?!

Just checked today's and Friday's schedule and it's all Craft, tonic, Aall stuff from 4pm again now. But still says "presented by Shop Extra" on the web site, as it's the rebranded 2nd channel.

Either they're having a strategy break to work out how to compete against IW. Or trying to find the money to buy or share a Freeview channel slot. Or it's finished.

Look out for discounted remaindered stock, RugDoctor, Greenworks, Piranha, VE/Swan/Gam (yeah, right) offers on IW shortly...
Did they make viewers aware

This is what is repeated on this forum time and time again. Give people some honesty. Give people some transparency. Give people an informed choice as to whether to buy or not. They just can’t do it, can they? People don’t want buzz phrases, People don’t want fake friendship. Why didn’t they start by saying this was a short trial period, and you can buy on the basis of knowing exactly how we are going to operate and for how long? We had somebody come onto the forum a few weeks back, saying they even failed to honour the free gift that was quite clearly stated on-air would apply with each individual purchase of a Piranha product on that particular show. Then they even backward stepped on that, too. Good family don’t treat their family that way.

This is what is repeated on this forum time and time again. Give people some honesty. Give people some transparency. Give people an informed choice as to whether to buy or not. They just can’t do it, can they? People don’t want buzz phrases, People don’t want fake friendship. Why didn’t they start by saying this was a short trial period, and you can buy on the basis of knowing exactly how we are going to operate and for how long? We had somebody come onto the forum a few weeks back, saying they even failed to honour the free gift that was quite clearly stated on-air would apply with each individual purchase of a Piranha product on that particular show. Then they even backward stepped on that, too. Good family don’t treat their family that way.
Yep. But as C&C 'parent' is still going I would expect all SE customers to receive their purchases.

(Was SE set up as a separate company on CH under C&C? Can't remember).

So guess they've decided to quietly crawl away and succumb, rather than the ignominy of a public closure and admitting failure.

But rather galling given all the b/s at the overblown launch, family fun, friendship, b*ll*cks... all the customers are is a revenue stream to the company they work for to pay their wages.

Some people really fall for that stuff though... I was reading somewhere on a site/forum/review site comments by some old IW customers how they 'love' the presenters and consider them as friends and family and buy from the presenters, despite the prices, etc. as they really like them. 😲

If I can find it again I'll dig it out and paste it. I found their comments truly surprising/sad that they really believed this stuff that much.

not even sure its the dilutions, cheap polyester carpet (effectively stain resistant from the off) sprayed to high heaven with scotch guard is my bet, I doubt blue magic is much different to washing up liquid.

Similarly the carpet cleaner machine demo, shove a can of coke/guiness (my bet is something dark and not dried has been soaked in ahead of a demo) on a scotch guard protected polyester carpet = no chance for it to stick.. The way it cleans is unreal, and it is unreal as I do have the exact same model of rug doctor and not a chance it cleans an old foot-fall soiled carpet like that.

Boz eyed shyster Si - another shopping channel muppet :poop:
It was always gravy browning sprayed onto the carpets for the ‘old’ look. Same with the kitchen demos for blue magic. Smeared everywhere which is then really easy to clean off.

🔊 Shop Extra ANNOUNCEMENT 🔊

Dear crafters,

As you may be aware, a few months ago we at Hochanda Global made the decision to support our past colleagues, suppliers, and TV shopping friends in the wake of the news of Ideal World’s closure. By dedicating select hours on Craft Extra to a new channel, Shop Extra, our intent was to fill the gap left by the closure by using our studio space and expertise to bring customers the same interactive live shopping experience.
In light of the recent news that Ideal World will return to air, we’ve made the decision to cease broadcast of Shop Extra. We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who shopped with us over these past weeks, and to everyone involved for all of their efforts to help those affected – we’ve said it before, but TV shopping really is one big family and your support has meant a tremendous amount to all of us!

We hope you’ll join us in wishing everyone at Ideal World - returning and new - the very best for the future. 💜

Latest posts

Back