Random Musings and Critiques Etc.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep, this new channel is certainly coming up with new, exciting, quality products ...
It is a good point. Why is SoTV a clone of the others? Selling drones, Swan & Edgar, etc.

I can understand when starting a new channel you take the low-hanging fruit and easy wins and start selling the stuff that you know works elsewhere and is available. But it must be very tempting to stay with that, rather than taking a risk and developing new sources and lines.

I'm sure RobL will say it's on the roadmap, but where is the HP Chromebook, or Epson printer, or Chanel perfume or Henry hoover, or Tefal, or Persil/Unilever, JML bargain home accessory, Happy Shopper or TkMaxx/Matalan fashion tie-in, etc., etc. I don't care if it's low-end or higher end but give us something more than frikkin' drones and cheap Chinese watches and questionable beauty products.

The most innovative product, on again tonight with our Rob, is Discount Dragon and that's not even a product, it's another business presumably paying SoTV for the promo opportunity.

The CEO of Shop on TV, Jamie Martin, is on ITV with Rob Locke now, promoting Discount Dragon.
He knows the owners of DD, apparently, hence the tie-up.

Just to point out we now have a clash with ShoponTV and SeenonTV both currently abbreviated on the forum as 'SoTV'.

So ShoTV and SeoTV may be a solution? Any better suggestions?

It is a good point. Why is SoTV a clone of the others? Selling drones, Swan & Edgar, etc.

I can understand when starting a new channel you take the low-hanging fruit and easy wins and start selling the stuff that you know works elsewhere and is available. But it must be very tempting to stay with that, rather than taking a risk and developing new sources and lines.

I'm sure RobL will say it's on the roadmap, but where is the HP Chromebook, or Epson printer, or Chanel perfume or Henry hoover, or Tefal, or Persil/Unilever, JML bargain home accessory, Happy Shopper or TkMaxx/Matalan fashion tie-in, etc., etc. I don't care if it's low-end or higher end but give us something more than frikkin' drones and cheap Chinese watches and questionable beauty products.

The most innovative product, on again tonight with our Rob, is Discount Dragon and that's not even a product, it's another business presumably paying SoTV for the promo opportunity.
They both refer to themselves as SOTV so we will have to diffrentiate.

SHONTV (Shop On TV)
SEONTV (Seen On TV)

Latest posts

Back